Are you going to abandon Dropbox due to...

Your choice:

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

malman89

macrumors 68000
May 29, 2011
Michigan
In terms of the personal security of your data, her appointment does nothing to jeopardize that. Either it's already been jeopardized or it will be regardless of her appointment.

Her appointment to the Board should be based on her credentials. Clearly she was seen as qualified and a worthy candidate by the current Board of Directors, so I have no issue there.

She's only a Board Member, too. It's not like she's directly handling day to day operations. Boards can take a variety of different roles, but in every case the main role is always an advisory one.

You should get rid of Dropbox if it is not offering the service that meets your needs. I'll keep on enjoying my free 26 GB of storage with my personal Dropbox account until a better option comes around.

Shrink

macrumors G3
Feb 26, 2011
New England, USA
No, i'm not going to leave Dropbox.

I don't see how Dr. Rice's presence on the Board effects security one way or the other...and that's all that's important to me.

I care more about their IT folks than their Board.

ucfgrad93

macrumors P6
Aug 17, 2007
Colorado
No, i'm not going to leave Dropbox.

I don't see how Dr. Rice's presence on the Board effects security one way or the other...and that's all that's important to me.

I care more about their IT folks than their Board.
Agreed. I will continue using Dropbox.

BenTrovato

macrumors 68030
Jun 29, 2012
Canada
Most people don't have a clue how corrupt the government is so why would they stop using dropbox when a former corrupt member joins a tech firm's board?

Security doesn't exist anyway. The tech we use is about 10 years (or more) behind. Your desktop files are just as easily accessible as anything in the cloud.

Shrink

macrumors G3
Feb 26, 2011
New England, USA
Most people don't have a clue how corrupt the government is so why would they stop using dropbox when a former corrupt member joins a tech firm's board?

Security doesn't exist anyway. The tech we use is about 10 years (or more) behind. Your desktop files are just as easily accessible as anything in the cloud.
Please source the assertion that Dr. Rice was corrupt member of government.

BenTrovato

macrumors 68030
Jun 29, 2012
Canada
Please source the assertion that Dr. Rice was corrupt member of government.
Rice did everything she could do build congressional support for the war in Iraq which of course there were no WMD's. If you need to see evidence for that, then you've been living under a rock for the past decade and debating anything with you would be a waste of time. Carry on :)

Shrink

macrumors G3
Feb 26, 2011
New England, USA
Rice did everything she could do build congressional support for the war in Iraq which of course there were no WMD's. If you need to see evidence for that, then you've been living under a rock for the past decade and debating anything with you would be a waste of time. Carry on :)
I need to see evidence when an assertion of fact is made on PRSI. Just saying that it is self evident doesn't do it.

You're right that debating with me, or anyone, is a waste of time if the debate does not contain supported assertions. (BTW: I never debate on PRSI...total waste of time, IMO).

corrupt |kəˈrəpt|
adjective
1 having or showing a willingness to act dishonestly in return for money or personal gain
So now that we have established that I am a troglodyte, perhaps we can abjure ad hominem argument and you can source your assertion.:):)

MNT

macrumors member
Jul 15, 2010
It's nice to see people who would otherwise whine about NSA spying entrust the former National Security Advisor with all their personal data.

samiwas

macrumors 68000
Aug 26, 2006
Atlanta, GA
I'll continue to use it. Her appointment doesn't matter one iota to me. If they want to break in and check out my files, maybe they'll show up to my place of work and get something done for me.

sliceoftoast

macrumors 6502
Mar 3, 2012
In a Toaster
Couldn't care less, i don't store anything in the cloud that is personal. I will keep using it at home

Edit: Disregard my poll entry, Supposed to have chosen NO

Last edited:

Tsuchiya

macrumors 68020
Jun 7, 2008
Nope, but then again I only use it to automatically backup my phone pictures like iCloud does for iOS.

Aspasia

macrumors 65816
It's nice to see people who would otherwise whine about NSA spying entrust the former National Security Advisor with all their personal data.
Do you really think that Dr. Rice, or any member of the Dropbox BOD, will have any access to all that personal data?

If so, then you must also believe that Al Gore is privy to all your personal data contained in your Apple products.

Kissaragi

macrumors 68020
Nov 16, 2006
Nope, the nsa can look at what they want, only their time they will be wasting looking at me.