Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

houssein31

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 16, 2013
I don't know if Im going to use a case...I mean it looks so comfortable and nice....but at the same time I don't want to damage the camera when i put my phone down

And honestly the Apple iPhone cases aren't that nice, and you don't take advantage of the rounded edges...idk..?

iPhone7ate9

macrumors 6502a
Jun 22, 2014
I don't know if Im going to use a case...I mean it looks so comfortable and nice....but at the same time I don't want to damage the camera when i put my phone down

And honestly the Apple iPhone cases aren't that nice, and you don't take advantage of the rounded edges...idk..?

apple cases look weird and won't offer protection. Speck candyshells are nice and protect from drops

nnacrumors

macrumors 6502
Jun 12, 2014
The iPhone 6+ will cost me nearly $1,000 for a 64GB version.

You're damn right I'm gonna have that in a case!

iOz

macrumors regular
Sep 3, 2014
Nope no case on any phone I've ever owned and don't intend to start now.

iroxtar

macrumors member
Jan 18, 2010
I ordered a Spigen Air Skin case off Amazon in gray. Have always loved and used slim minimal cases.

Dubberton

macrumors regular
Oct 9, 2013
Going to get the midnight blue Apple leather case.

that looks really nice, but I've had a "leather" apple one before and it wore terribly.. hopefully this time around they fixed it.

I'm thinking naked. Just going to do applecare+
I had a case on my 5s for a year before taking it off. These phones are too puurty

houssein31

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 16, 2013
Wish we could try on the Apple cases in store to see how they feel but I don't think they ever did that :/

zipa

macrumors 65816
Feb 19, 2010
Well, it looks like it'll slip more often than a bar of soap at Oz, and then there's that silly camera ring, so I'll probably get a case or some kind of a skin for it. I'm thinking about the leather ones from Apple, plus I need a waterproof case for fishing.

Sgt93

macrumors 6502a
Jan 31, 2010
TX
$180 case! :eek:

($99 + $79 replacement)

I use AppleCare as I use my phone for what it is, and through all of my hobbies. It's $99 and $49 for a replacement (sometimes free depending on the manager). I'm a big boy and can afford it.

lordofthereef

macrumors G5
Nov 29, 2011
Boston, MA
Was planning on Apple's leather case... but it is beyond me why they didn't cover the bottom of the phone wiht that case. Last year's case, from Apple, was about the perfect case in my eyes...

Photography

macrumors 65816
Apr 10, 2007
I use AppleCare as I use my phone for what it is, and through all of my hobbies. It's $99 and $49 for a replacement (sometimes free depending on the manager). I'm a big boy and can afford it.

It's now $79 for each replacement, not $49.

lordofthereef

macrumors G5
Nov 29, 2011
Boston, MA

It's been nearly two generations since the replacement was $49... they are now $79. But either way, to each his own.

rwkleinjr

macrumors regular
Jul 26, 2010
A Spigen case, for sure.

I tried one leather Apple case before and found it to be/feel a little bit awkward. Didn't seem like it offered much protection, especially for the price.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.