Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Are you planning to upgrade to the iPhone 15/Pro/Max?

• Yes

Votes: 552 43.5%
  • No

Votes: 425 33.5%
  • Unsure and/or depends on features offered

Votes: 293 23.1%

• Total voters

MAcNIAC

Cancelled
Oct 27, 2006
I think the environmental issues are a good reason not to update every year.
I will be updating from 12 pm to 15p-- so that's 3 full updates, hopefully next update I make 4 ... so next for me will the 19!

Carlsberg69

macrumors regular
Mar 26, 2023
Just decided. Nope, it’s not happening this year.

It’s always tempting, especially now a couple hours before launch. But had to remind myself that one argument for getting the 14 max for me was to have it for at least 3 years. So will keep to this if nothing drastic kicks in along the way. Phones are always going to get better from year to year but it doesn’t mean we should buy them every year…

big samm

macrumors 68000
Oct 27, 2008
Still undecided
I have a 14 Pro Max and when i go to Apple’s comparison page between the 14PM vs 15PM not much of a difference.
Usb- C , A17 Pro, Ultrawide band 2 , Titanium frame 20grams lighter, 5 x zoom that’s about it. Everything else is about the same… Not sure these new features are worth the upgrade for me.

robvalentine

macrumors 6502
Nov 21, 2014
I'm only getting the 15 pro as I switched to Android in December, and whilst I think it's better than iOS the interoperability with my MacBook and iPad is better and I miss my Apple Watch (thankfully I didn't sell that).

If it was still lightning I'd have stuck with Android as having same charger for phone iPad and laptop is super convenient)

Reactions: Pinkyyy 💜🍎

RhysoTDI

macrumors regular
Sep 1, 2017
I think the environmental issues are a good reason not to update every year.
I will be updating from 12 pm to 15p-- so that's 3 full updates, hopefully next update I make 4 ... so next for me will the 19!
Same here. Going from 12pro to 15pro so should feel like a worthy upgrade.
I've gone past wanting a new phone every year.
1) How much faster do you need your phone to do things
2) cost!

Roll on 1pm :) (UK time)

Surfsalot

macrumors 65816
Mar 18, 2023
Will wait till the buyers remorse buyers start selling on fbm, got my 14 pro 256gb new for $900aud off retail.

ShadowGuardian87

macrumors 6502a
Sep 23, 2020
Virginia
Will wait till the buyers remorse buyers start selling on fbm, got my 14 pro 256gb new for $900aud off retail.

Sadly there probably are gonna be buyer's remorse topics here on Mac rumors once the hype around a new phone launch dies down a bit. Maybe a week or two after launch. It was really annoying last year with the 14 Pro Max.

ShadowGuardian87

macrumors 6502a
Sep 23, 2020
Virginia
Still undecided
I have a 14 Pro Max and when i go to Apple’s comparison page between the 14PM vs 15PM not much of a difference.
Usb- C , A17 Pro, Ultrawide band 2 , Titanium frame 20grams lighter, 5 x zoom that’s about it. Everything else is about the same… Not sure these new features are worth the upgrade for me.

Same still undecided here too ( 14 pro max here) . I am gonna see what reviews and use those opinions to help make a decision.

Reactions: big samm

Apple_Robert

Contributor
Sep 21, 2012
In the middle of several books.
If the woman of my dreams calls or knocks on the door before 8:15 ish, she is going to have to leave a message. I am in the order zone.

6 different devices all logged to the Apple Store or Apple.com - check
Battery back up running - check
Pee bottle in case things get tense - check
Mod report window open in case any of you get in my way - check
Order music - Stealers Wheel stuck in the Middle blasting- check
Money - I think so. Electricity is still on so must be ok - check

maymeow

macrumors newbie
Sep 19, 2022
OK, I probably going to upgrade (despite the fact that I wrote in on response sere that I cant justify the upgrade from my 13 PM).

And here is why (what is in my heaad after wathing mobile phone release events)

But, as i Have written in signature I using both (android and iOS). I upgraded from Samsung S21U to S23U, did i needed it? No. Did I wanted to? Yes - I wanted a bigger screen and I liked the idea of using S-pen. (I ged 512GB version and now using 150GB).

And it is simmilar with my 13PM, this phone doing everything that I need and I like it. One of reason is resale value which pay half on new 15PM and second bigger is that.

After seeing Samsung event sooner this year and Apple event now (Sorry Apple, this was most boring event that I seen from you). The last two models was exact the same with minor tweaks (s22 vs s23, new processor, new camera about which i don't care, looks almost same) and now 15PM vs 14PM, againt, better CPU, camera was is same (5x zoom - it is just cutout(?), display is same... really changes this year for me are UsbC, titan case, and action button instead switch), Oh, and yes - you can play console games on it.

So after these last few years, I personally think we have hit a ceiling with innovation and features. Yes there is always a more powerful processor, maybe a better camera or more storage or faster charging, bigger batteries,maybe new design, but these are all small updates. And I don't think that's going to change in the next few years.

I think we're at a similar level to PCs, every year there are new CPUs, new netbooks, more storage, but it doesn't excite anybody anymore. There are still a few individuals, but most people use their PCs and laptops until they break down or are slow (my PC will be 9 years old now and it still handles most of the things I need.)

So I think it's now time to get a good phone with large storage and keep it for a while.

I am not saying that I going to preorder one right now but I will upgrade and keep my phones for a longer period.

blairh

macrumors 603
Dec 11, 2007
Ended up with the 15 Plus. Was really surprised during the keynote that it got the 2000 nits screen. I love that about my 14 Pro. I'd prefer having the always on display of the Pro models but the Plus is $300 cheaper than the 15 Pro Max and weighs 20 grams less. That sold me in the end.

Genkakuzai

macrumors regular
Jun 13, 2013
I actually wasn't intending to upgrade at all... since my 13 Pro Max is working great still, and I figured I'd save a bit of cash by not upgrading every other year, as I have since my first. But after watching the event, and realising I could actually get a good amount for my current phone as a trade-in, I kinda changed my mind.

Sooo now I've got a 15 Pro Max 512GB in Natural Titanium coming in a week or two (hopefully) \o/

Quite frankly the combined camera updates were enough to warrant the upgrade. I'm honestly ridiculously impressed by the improvements in iPhone cameras over the years. And that's coming from a professional photographer.

Carlsberg69

macrumors regular
Mar 26, 2023
Ended up with the 15 Plus. Was really surprised during the keynote that it got the 2000 nits screen. I love that about my 14 Pro. I'd prefer having the always on display of the Pro models but the Plus is $300 cheaper than the 15 Pro Max and weighs 20 grams less. That sold me in the end.
You must have also gotten it because of the bigger screen, as a big factor?!! Otherwise the reg 15 would have made more sense which is even lighter and have 2000 nits screen.

Wags

macrumors 68020
Mar 5, 2006
Nebraska, USA
Still undecided
Not worth it if think might want new device next year because likely significant changes.

jz0309

Contributor
Sep 25, 2018
SoCal
Maybe, my 13PM is working great.
Main reason would be the periscope lens but I really want optical zoom, not digital.
USB-C will be good but I wouldn’t upgrade because if it.
Everything else I do not really care about but obviously would take as addl boni
I decided NOT to upgrade.
5x telephoto lens is nice but since there is no optical zoom it's not worth it to me.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.