Are you ready for disappointment tomorrow?

Discussion in 'iOS 7' started by Stalyn, Sep 9, 2013.

1. Stalyn macrumors regular

Cause I know for sure a lot people will be tomorrow :)

2. WhackyNinja macrumors 68000

WhackyNinja

I've said this before....

Its an "S" phone its not suppose to be "WOW OMG LOOK AT THAT NEW DESIGN AND THAT BIGGER SCREEN"

If you are expecting that for the 5S well prepare to be massively disappointed.

"S" phones only have improvements internally and slight (very slight) design tweaks

3. LizKat, Sep 9, 2013
    Last edited: Sep 9, 2013

LizKat macrumors 68040

LizKat

Yeah half of those claiming disappointment are trolls and a quarter of the rest are just silly.

I always enjoy the keynotes even if I'm not sold on the product being rolled out. Usually I like the iPhones, This time, maybe not so much, but I wouldn't say I expect to be disappointed. My "disappointment" won't be about the capability of the thing, I just happen not to like the longer form they seem to be stuck on now with the iPhone and iPod touch. I'll get over it. Or, maybe Apple will, in the 6.

4. Switchback666 macrumors 68000

Switchback666

I think people grow tired of the "S" update, tech. is very fast this day and while the iphone have always been a solid device people want more and feel excited.

For me it will be a good upgrade coming from my 4s but 5 users might feel let down.

Anyway plenty of phones available this year, people shouldnt complaint anymore :) just try something new if you're bored.

5. Cougarcat macrumors 604

Expect disappointment and you won't be disappointed!

6. WhackyNinja macrumors 68000

WhackyNinja

Everytime people say 'iPhone is crap." etc. I always respond with this

"People still line up for it, millions people still buy it...until that comes to an end...the iPhone is not crap"

7. Stalyn thread starter macrumors regular

I was talking about ios7.

----------

Indeed buddy. Want to go out for drinks after the announcement?

8. Switchback666 macrumors 68000

Switchback666

Opinions are like butt holes, everyone has one :)

I say live and let die :eek:

9. paulbennett95 macrumors 6502a

paulbennett95

I'm ready to be disappointed so when I'm stunned by what Apple announces, it'll be that much cooler.

10. zbarvian macrumors 68010

Disappointment?! Apple is unveiling a brand new, totally redesigned and revolutionary new iPhone with new digs. IOS 7 is getting all the missing new features, and the MacBook Pro line-up is getting thinner and lighter with Haswell. Similar updates with the iPad and finally a Retina display Mini! I'm pretty sure an iWatch appearance is in the cards, too. How could anyone feel disappointed with all these great gadgets coming our way in a few hours?!

11. WhackyNinja macrumors 68000

WhackyNinja

Very true

----------

iOS 7? I say iOS 7 is not a disappointment its actually just what I wanted.

Change. And I got it. And Im very happy with it thus far :)

12. Lerxt macrumors regular

Brought to you by the Samesung posting army.

13. aristobrat macrumors G5

I've been on MacRumors since 2005, and I can't recall a single product that Apple's announced since then that hasn't spawned 100+ "disappointed" threads.

It's the 'cool' thing to do. :rolleyes:

Remember the infamous Thread 500 here? It's from October 23, 2001, when Apple announced the iPod?

The. Freaking. iPod.

I don't think even iOS 7 will beat the level of disappointment from that day.

14. WhackyNinja macrumors 68000

WhackyNinja

Thread 500? Whats so infamous?

...Ah nvm I see...lol I bet those people are eating their words xD

15. SakuraSuki macrumors 6502

The iPod is nuking revolutionary in first place. It is just a MP3 player. What made iPod so popular wasn't the iPod itself, it was the iTunes.

Comparing iPod wih other MP3 player, iTunes offers one place to sync your music and purchase your music at lower price. However, iTunes is just so cumbersome for someone like me. I always prefer old way of drag and drop from my music folder.

I still remember I spent nearly an hour to figure out how to use this thing under Windows back at 2004.

16. wrinkster22 macrumors 68030

wrinkster22

I wont be disappointed. The 5C will be a welcomed upgrade compared to my 4.

17. adam044 macrumors 65816

adam044

18. ionjohn macrumors 65816

ionjohn

True!! And By the way, what the hell is your picture? I've been wondering for so long!

19. zedzded macrumors regular

I will be disappointed because I really don't want to switch to Android.. I want to stay with Apple and the Iphone, but I can't really see anything more than a few tweaks, which yeah I get that's what the 'S' is about, but still you would have thought Apple would have upped the ante considering what their competition are doing.

20. mrmarts macrumors 65816

I don't care i am still on contract I will join this discussion next year :p

21. Ann P macrumors 68020

The S models have always been minor upgrades, I think a lot of people know that by now.

If you're one of those wishing for a bigger screen this year then YES you'll be disappointed.

22. WhackyNinja macrumors 68000

WhackyNinja

Matt Smith AKA as the Eleventh Doctor from Doctor Who!

I'm a huge Doctor Who fan (Whovian) thats why I have it has my avatar and thats why I post replies on threads with Doctor Who references, sometimes not all the time lol

23. WeegieMac Guest

WeegieMac

I'm on the S cycle for my upgrade so I'm looking forward to seeing my new phone to be. :D

24. ajiuo macrumors 65816

With that said.. If this phone does have the fingerprint scanner it will be the most impressive "S" model of the 3 :)

Anyone who doesn't like it can just come on this forum and cry about it for a while before making good on their threats to switch to android :lol