Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

pure3d2

macrumors 6502
Mar 7, 2012
Aah the privilege of working from home that day. :) Planning to cram as much work in as I can before the iPad arrives (and while it syncs) that way I can play in the afternoon.

If I had to wait in line, I would've taken a vacation day (that's what I did last year).

I thought about "working" from home that day, but I'm going to ask my boss for a free (comp'ed) day off on Friday since I've been putting in a ton of hours over the past month.

MS2083

macrumors regular
Mar 7, 2012
California
Have Spring Break coming up next week, so I will be taking an early vacation by staying home on Thurs if FedEx delivers my Pre-Orders early! Will also be pulling an overnighter Thursday night as well at my local Apple Retail Stor...

CrAkD

macrumors 68040
Feb 15, 2010
Boston, MA
I usually take the day off. Didn't want to take it off this time so I have the girlfriend waiting around for it all day.

Nikos

macrumors 68000
Nov 20, 2008
New York
Having it delivered to work this year so that I'm forced to go in, otherwise I probably would have taken the day off so that I could accept delivery. :eek:

JohnnyQuest

macrumors 68000
May 25, 2006
My class schedule doesn't include Fridays. So basically I'm free all day.

Jealous?

Last edited by a moderator:

mikepas

macrumors member
Jul 25, 2010
Raleigh, NC
I talked my boss who is a huge fan of Apple as well into switching my regular day off this week so I could have Friday instead.

Of course I had to promise to bring the new iPad into work with me Saturday morning so he could see it. The agreement is he can see it, I'll let him touch the screen, but that he can't hold it. Once the rumors of the March 7 announcement started floating six or so weeks ago I gave him the heads up that I would probably need March 16th off anyway. He also knows I would have probably called out anyway.

e²Studios

macrumors 68020
Apr 12, 2005
I'm taking Friday off work, not really skipping out on anything though since I'm using accrued vacation time.

Smileyboy

macrumors 65816
Aug 6, 2008
I will be pissing off clients showing no regard for them and sitting at the apple store with PS vita very early in the Am

rglatter

macrumors regular
Jul 24, 2006
Arkansas
mine is getting delivered to work, and I work in IT so I get to "work" on the ipad testing it and figuring out how things work :)

rebelw/acause

macrumors member
Mar 27, 2011
Taking a paid vacation day. My supervisor asked whether I'd also be taking Monday off if it doesn't get delivered on Friday. I'm still sitting at preparing for shipment but Apple says it will be delivered on Friday for sure.

GR33NIE

macrumors 6502
Jul 9, 2008
UK
Working From Home, I do every Friday but this one should be more fun providing it arrives on time!

Jontif

macrumors regular
Mar 8, 2012
Mines coming to work but as soon as it arrives I'll be itching to get home lol

MasterHowl

macrumors 65816
Oct 3, 2010
North of England
I've got a maths test on Friday morning, so I had to pre-order. As soon as the test is finished, I'm gonna absolutely leg it from campus back to my halls of residence to collect my post :D

MS2083

macrumors regular
Mar 7, 2012
California
I'm skipping my Lecture Classes this Thursday since nothing really important is going on, then staying home to see if FedEx will deliver a day early!

Going to try Queing the Lines at the Apple Store between 3am & 4am this Friday. I Pre-Ordered a 32GB Wifi Only, but now I want the Verizon 4G LTE !!!

Flatlineskillz

macrumors member
Jun 17, 2008
I am actually going to be away on vacation friday. Unless I can get mine from the FedEX facility on thursday I will be iPadless till monday morning. It will be a nice juxtaposition though. Spend 4 days in the mountains of vermont skiing with my iPhone most likely off only to get home to have the newest iPad waiting for me. I did take off monday though to have a day to mess around with it. My dad taught me an important lesson, " Never come back from a vacation on a monday!"

ZipZap

macrumors 603
Dec 14, 2007
I've got a maths test on Friday morning, so I had to pre-order. As soon as the test is finished, I'm gonna absolutely leg it from campus back to my halls of residence to collect my post :D

Good thing its not an english class :rolleyes:

shakeman0

macrumors 6502a
Jul 20, 2009
My class schedule doesn't include Fridays. So basically I'm free all day.

Jealous?

Haha! I'm doing the exact thing you are then. Just knocking out a bit of work for my classes at the house and then chilling with the new iPad.

Last edited by a moderator:

soxfanreggie

macrumors regular
Apr 16, 2010
I'm off coaching this weekend on a road trip, but I just happen to have a friend who works nights spending the night at my place tonight (he appreciated the pizza money and stocked fridge) to be there to accept it for me.

I will eagerly anticipate getting back at around midnight on Saturday night and spending the next few hours syncing and playing with it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.