- Aug 24, 2011
TAIG is fine. It has already been checked and confirmed okay by Musclenerd.
Afaik the update creates the source on Cyrus to delete the Chinese app in case you don't uncheck it when you jailbreaked itHas anyone used 1.0.2 of Taig yet? What has changed? Thinking about updating to 8.1.1 but I've seen quite a few people say Taig in was working well, just not what version they used.
To update to 8.1.1 I have to get rid of my current JB and restore and rejailbreak right? No way of updating without removing the jailbreak?
I have updated a 5s 4s and iPad 2. Feels very stable no issues in any of the devices. Update away!
Afaik the update creates the source on Cyrus to delete the Chinese app in case you don't uncheck it when you jailbreaked it
I would recommend just updating it to 8.1.1 now and jailbreaking with Taig. It's really simple and I see no reason to stay on 8.1. Go for it.Hey guys!
I was lurking for a long time on the forum but now i got my own username ;P
I just got a new iphone 6, it came on 8.1 from the factory.
I was thinking about jailbreaking it, as i did on all of my older iphones (3g, 3gs, 4 and 4s).
Until now I just installed Whatsapp and easy stuff, it wouldn't (yet) be a pain to restore the phone.
I'm kind of still weighing up the jailbreak, I guess personally it's not that necessary anymore as it could have been a few years ago.
But what if I decide to do it? Should I use pangu on 8.1 or restore on 8.1.1 and jailbreak that?
I'm getting very good battery life on 8.1 (I got 24 hours standby and 5:30 hours usage right now, with the battery still at 30%). I cannot say much about the wifi problems many are experiencing, since I usually rely on the 4G network.
What would you guys recommend?
Yeah, it seems to be working well for me. iPhone 6 64gb 8.1.1.I'm not sure if I was dreaming, but is flux compatible with 8.1.1? I thought I heard it had issues, but like I said who knows lol
I'm pretty sure there were only a couple of minor updates on 8.1.1 so you wouldn't be missing much staying on 8.1. Maybe it would be best to wait until 8.2 comes out?Thanks for your reply Asator!
I'm simply afraid that if I lose the perfectly fine battery life upgrading to 8.1.1 I could not just downgrade to 8.1 anymore.
About the use of Taig, at the moment I got no windows pc close at hand. I don't know if I could use the Taig software on a library's pc... and virtual machines already reserved me some bad surprises in the past.
Is everybody here giving good feedback about this 8.1.1?
In the past I used VMware as well, but I guess it was before the launch of the fusion version. So... some years ago Maybe things changed, at that time virtual machines just felt like an unstable experience.I'm pretty sure there were only a couple of minor updates on 8.1.1 so you wouldn't be missing much staying on 8.1. Maybe it would be best to wait until 8.2 comes out?
I upgraded to 8.1.1 on my mac using VMware Fusion with no hassles. What program did you use in the past?