• Yes! Legacy device helps or I just want bleeding edge / hope it fixes stuff

Votes: 33 30.0%
  • Eventually but going to wait it out

Votes: 36 32.7%

• Total voters

evorc

macrumors 6502a
Aug 24, 2011
TAIG is fine. It has already been checked and confirmed okay by Musclenerd.

Carlanga

macrumors 604
Nov 5, 2009
I have updated a 5s 4s and iPad 2. Feels very stable no issues in any of the devices. Update away!

----------

Has anyone used 1.0.2 of Taig yet? What has changed? Thinking about updating to 8.1.1 but I've seen quite a few people say Taig in was working well, just not what version they used.
Afaik the update creates the source on Cyrus to delete the Chinese app in case you don't uncheck it when you jailbreaked it

pocketdoc

macrumors 6502a
Apr 15, 2008
I was having issues with Bluetooth connectivity with my Pebble and Safari crashing. I updated and as of now, those issues seem to have been resolved.

I am going to wait a bit and then JB. I wasn't sure if it was iOS or the JB/tweaks causing these problems...

zamudiovsky

macrumors regular
Sep 17, 2012
To update to 8.1.1 I have to get rid of my current JB and restore and rejailbreak right? No way of updating without removing the jailbreak?

kewldewd

macrumors member
Nov 9, 2014
To update to 8.1.1 I have to get rid of my current JB and restore and rejailbreak right? No way of updating without removing the jailbreak?

Yeah I think that's right. Download 8.1.1 from ipsw.me & once it's completed hold shift while restoring in iTiunes to select the file.

Skizzy

macrumors regular
Feb 4, 2013
I have updated a 5s 4s and iPad 2. Feels very stable no issues in any of the devices. Update away!

----------

Afaik the update creates the source on Cyrus to delete the Chinese app in case you don't uncheck it when you jailbreaked it

What is this Cyrus you speak of lol?

cappo3

macrumors member
Dec 3, 2014
Hey guys!
I was lurking for a long time on the forum but now i got my own username ;P

I just got a new iphone 6, it came on 8.1 from the factory.
I was thinking about jailbreaking it, as i did on all of my older iphones (3g, 3gs, 4 and 4s).
Until now I just installed Whatsapp and easy stuff, it wouldn't (yet) be a pain to restore the phone.
I'm kind of still weighing up the jailbreak, I guess personally it's not that necessary anymore as it could have been a few years ago.

But what if I decide to do it? Should I use pangu on 8.1 or restore on 8.1.1 and jailbreak that?
I'm getting very good battery life on 8.1 (I got 24 hours standby and 5:30 hours usage right now, with the battery still at 30%). I cannot say much about the wifi problems many are experiencing, since I usually rely on the 4G network.
What would you guys recommend?

Asator

macrumors 6502a
Apr 8, 2011
Australia
Hey guys!
I was lurking for a long time on the forum but now i got my own username ;P

I just got a new iphone 6, it came on 8.1 from the factory.
I was thinking about jailbreaking it, as i did on all of my older iphones (3g, 3gs, 4 and 4s).
Until now I just installed Whatsapp and easy stuff, it wouldn't (yet) be a pain to restore the phone.
I'm kind of still weighing up the jailbreak, I guess personally it's not that necessary anymore as it could have been a few years ago.

But what if I decide to do it? Should I use pangu on 8.1 or restore on 8.1.1 and jailbreak that?
I'm getting very good battery life on 8.1 (I got 24 hours standby and 5:30 hours usage right now, with the battery still at 30%). I cannot say much about the wifi problems many are experiencing, since I usually rely on the 4G network.
What would you guys recommend?
I would recommend just updating it to 8.1.1 now and jailbreaking with Taig. It's really simple and I see no reason to stay on 8.1. Go for it. :)

kalirob99

macrumors 68000
Dec 24, 2008
California
I'm not sure if I was dreaming, but is flux compatible with 8.1.1? I thought I heard it had issues, but like I said who knows lol

Asator

macrumors 6502a
Apr 8, 2011
Australia
I'm not sure if I was dreaming, but is flux compatible with 8.1.1? I thought I heard it had issues, but like I said who knows lol
Yeah, it seems to be working well for me. iPhone 6 64gb 8.1.1.

Is anyone having any issues with Iconomatic not working on 8.1.1?

Last edited:

cappo3

macrumors member
Dec 3, 2014
Thanks for your reply Asator!

I'm simply afraid that if I lose the perfectly fine battery life upgrading to 8.1.1 I could not just downgrade to 8.1 anymore.

About the use of Taig, at the moment I got no windows pc close at hand. I don't know if I could use the Taig software on a library's pc... and virtual machines already reserved me some bad surprises in the past.

Is everybody here giving good feedback about this 8.1.1?

Asator

macrumors 6502a
Apr 8, 2011
Australia
Thanks for your reply Asator!

I'm simply afraid that if I lose the perfectly fine battery life upgrading to 8.1.1 I could not just downgrade to 8.1 anymore.

About the use of Taig, at the moment I got no windows pc close at hand. I don't know if I could use the Taig software on a library's pc... and virtual machines already reserved me some bad surprises in the past.

Is everybody here giving good feedback about this 8.1.1?
I'm pretty sure there were only a couple of minor updates on 8.1.1 so you wouldn't be missing much staying on 8.1. Maybe it would be best to wait until 8.2 comes out?

I upgraded to 8.1.1 on my mac using VMware Fusion with no hassles. What program did you use in the past?

cappo3

macrumors member
Dec 3, 2014
I'm pretty sure there were only a couple of minor updates on 8.1.1 so you wouldn't be missing much staying on 8.1. Maybe it would be best to wait until 8.2 comes out?

I upgraded to 8.1.1 on my mac using VMware Fusion with no hassles. What program did you use in the past?
In the past I used VMware as well, but I guess it was before the launch of the fusion version. So... some years ago :p Maybe things changed, at that time virtual machines just felt like an unstable experience.

I used to always restore my phones before jailbreaking them,
and often read it is not recommended jailbreaking the software the phone got shipped with.

lakerchick4life

macrumors 6502a
Oct 14, 2007
I just got this update in Cydia called Bourne-Again Shell and Im not sure I should update it..I looked it up online and some people were giving mixed reviews on it, since my iPad Air 2 is working so well why mess with a good thing, just not familiar with what it even is

Quaranz

macrumors newbie
Dec 3, 2014
Deep in the Shadows
I did on my iPod touch. Their was vast improvements in my opinion regarding my iPod Touch, notably faster than iOS 8.1 and when i heard that taig released a jailbreak for it i was all up in flames and instanly restored updated and jailbreaked. Their is no incentive to upgrade and restore and repeat the tedious steps again for my iPad Air which runs fine on iOS 8.1 Pangu jailbreaked.

solo118

macrumors 65816
May 16, 2011
Pangu was enough of a pain in the butt... I will keep things as is as I am happy with what I have.