As an iPhone 6SS (7) Plus user, not sure it's worth it

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Aluminum213, Sep 27, 2016.

1. Aluminum213 macrumors 68040

Aluminum213

I've upgraded every year since the iPhone 3GS and have been happy with the updates from year to year. This is probably the first time I've really noticed no noticeable difference between the 6S and 7. The biggest update is the camera and it's nice, but it's still a marginal upgrade in the camera

Thinking about returning it or selling it, not sure

2. tekchic macrumors 65816

tekchic

If I had a 6s, I'd probably have skipped the upgrade too.

As someone coming from a 6+ though, I'm noticing a HUGE difference in performance. The newer chip and 3gb of RAM for breathing room makes it a much less laggy phone than my 6+!

3. Aluminum213 thread starter macrumors 68040

Aluminum213

That big jump you feel in performance is what I felt going from the 6 to the 6S, the extra RAM made a big difference. 2 to 3GB RAM, haven't noticed anything

4. cableguy84 macrumors 6502a

cableguy84

I have the 6S Plus. Upgraded every year since the 4S, this is the first year i haven't upgraded.

The 7 definitely should have been called 6SS.

5. TurboPGT! Suspended

Worthless opinions from people intentionally ignoring the list of improvements and saying its no different are of no help to anyone.

These threads come from 1 particular group of people: People that didn't have the money to buy it....bought it anyway....and now that the initially novelty wore off, are regretting buying something they couldn't afford.

Notice the title "not sure its worth it". By that he means not sure its worth the wallet damage. And I can fully understand. I just wish these people would be honest and acknowledge that they couldn't afford it, but got it anyway, instead of making up threads to deride the product to make themselves feel better.

6. Geert76 macrumors 65816

ah okay, I was not aware of the fact you could see the bank account's of the macrumors forum members here. Thanks for this info...gonna call my bank now :p:eek::eek:

7. lancastor macrumors 6502a

I had all phones from the iPhone 3. This year is the first time I'm absolutely not interested of buying a new phone.

It's sad the I cannot feel the magic anymore. But I think it's my age. I'm fourty years now and I think there are more import things in my live than buying every year the newest iPhone.

It's sad that makes me not happy anymore to get the newest iPhone on launch day.

8. Pez555 macrumors 68000

Pez555

im going 6s to 7 plus. Fancy a bigger one for a change ;)

9. rijc99 macrumors 6502a

rijc99

10. Knowimagination macrumors 68000

Knowimagination

11. TeeWrecks macrumors newbie

TeeWrecks

You cared enough to leave this novel of a response my guy lmao

12. Aluminum213 thread starter macrumors 68040

Aluminum213

Wow, talking about taking offense to someone's opinion, sad

13. MrXiro macrumors 68040

MrXiro

That's because the extra RAM is mostly going towards the dual camera. It needed the extra gb to make the dual camera set up feel "on par" speedwise with the previous camera. Generally iOS devices don't need more than 2gb for standard usage (web surfing, texting, etc). If it wasn't for the camera the extra RAM would be like putting Premium Gas in your Honda Civic. I imagine the Portrait mode would choke had they put 2gb of RAM in though.

I went from 6s Plus to 4.7 inch 7 because of the OIS in the smaller body now. I wouldn't have done the upgrade had they not offered such good trade in values this year. But yeah the speed increase is negligible but I appreciate the new camera and higher storage capacity for (in my scenario) a lower price.

14. 844957 Suspended

I only played with the 7 when I visited the Apple store, but side by side with my 6S I was trying hard to find difference but really couldn't.

Makes me feel good about having the 6s. Best phone 2 years running

15. Aluminum213 thread starter macrumors 68040

Aluminum213

That's a good point, with the same screen resolution there also isn't much else to push

With the next iPhone I expect higher res screen (finally) and likely 4GB RAM

16. ideal.dreams macrumors 68020

ideal.dreams

I've also upgraded every year and have had every iPhone since the 3GS. I upgraded to the 7+ from my 6s, so to me the upgrade is worth it. I'm getting the bigger size, stereo speakers, water resistance, and the awesome new dual camera, plus the jet black color is gorgeous. I also really like the new home button.

Worth it to some, not to others. Which is to be expected, we're not all the same.

17. JayLenochiniMac macrumors G5

Yeah, the OP is pretty much true in that it's not a huge upgrade. However, it's a keeper for me because we finally got a version in the 6/6s form factor that isn't an eyesore and a boring, light Space Gray color. I no longer cringe when I see the back of it.

18. MrXiro macrumors 68040

MrXiro

I have a small ding on my Shiny Apple Logo already from being in a case... :mad:
    It's like a pin point... wish I would have skinned it right away like I usually do. But yeah Black/Jet Black > Any iteration of Space Gray.

19. archer75 macrumors 65816

I was already making payments on my 6s+. Either I would continue making payments on that or i'd make them on a 7 plus. Either way i'm making payments. Might as well take the new phone.

20. sekazi macrumors 6502

As I have said before, yearly upgrading is pointless. Just wait every 2 years and upgrade.

Also just because you do not notice a difference just means you do not have anything to take advantage of the performance upgrade. The iPhone performances has surpassed the needs of iOS and this was eventually going to happen.

21. Aluminum213 thread starter macrumors 68040

Aluminum213

the day to day performance from the 6 to 6S was quite big

22. cableguy84 macrumors 6502a

cableguy84

Yea, the A9 , and extra gig of ram made a big difference.

23. JayLenochiniMac macrumors G5

6 to 6s = eyesore (as it still retained the antenna lines) but with significant day-to-day performance
    6s to 7 = eye candy but with pretty much the same day-to-day performance

24. Xenden macrumors regular

Offense? You seem to be the one upset. Your post had no real substance so I stand by my;

Hur dur dur, you're so clever.

25. JayLenochiniMac macrumors G5

All the OP is doing is expressing his opinion. Your post is immature.