As an iPhone user, I'm jealous of this...

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by JReynolds, Aug 12, 2010.

1. JReynolds macrumors 6502

2. Apple... macrumors 68020

Apple...

Eh, it depends. In public, it would be embarrassing, dorky, and inconvenient. It's a bit faster than typing, but it's really only supposed to be done in a quiet, private area (where no one can listen in on your private life). As for the Chrome feature, I could really care less, (although it would be neat if they brought it to the iPhone).

One other thing (though not of much importance): it's not part of the actual OS, and is instead a separate app(s) only available for devices with Android 2.2.

There. Still jealous?

3. oplix macrumors 65816

oplix

It's great on paper but in practical use almost pointless.

4. JReynolds thread starter macrumors 6502

Slightly jealous still and more optimistic or hopeful Apple uses Siri how they should. The Chrome to Phone is cool but I can live without it.

I for one love voice options. I use my iPhone constantly, compose 90% of my emails on it. I text thousands of times a month, it would be nice to be able to speed it up. (in a quiet place ;))

I would like to see Apple make Siri part of the actual iOS. Hold down the home button and instead of just calling or playing music be able do almost anything just like the App does...

5. JReynolds thread starter macrumors 6502

How so? I for one text while driving :eek: and using a voice feature would be real nice. (no worries, usually hand the iphone to the wife to type)

Composing quick email replies or texts on the fly would be awesome. It's like Quick Reply on JB iPhone but on steroids when it comes to texts!

I see endless possibilities when it comes to voice commands... If had had any money :rolleyes: I'd bet Apple usese Siri to full potential in iOS 5-6...I hope

6. Apple... macrumors 68020

Apple...

Don't worry, be happy now! :D

I'm sure Apple will.

7. JReynolds thread starter macrumors 6502

I hope so, if not I may have to taste test that Frozen Yogurt (android 2.2...?)

8. Apple... macrumors 68020

Apple...

I like DQ Blizzards better, thank you very much. :D

9. Charadis macrumors 6502a

10. Apple... macrumors 68020

Apple...

Hmm... yes, please! :D

11. tuatha macrumors regular

I can assure you, it's not. I've been playing around with it all evening and it's brilliant. I wouldn't have believed I could get excited about talking at my phone but it's so, so well implemented.

Before this if you wanted to call a restaurant or business and didn't know the number, you had to google the website, find the contact details and dial the number. Which is a pain in the ass on a phone. Now you just press a button on your homescreen, say "Call [name of business]" and it calls the number. Just like that!

The maps integration for directions/navigation is brilliant too. Just ask it for directions to a place and it automatically opens the maps app with the directions loaded.

Chrome to phone is also awesome. Really useful. I just hope they create another app that lets you send from phone to chrome...

12. Rajani Isa macrumors 65816

Rajani Isa

That guy on the Youtube video made me think of Capt. Kirk with a speed update.

13. warrenpaul macrumors newbie

really useful that crome to phone is, copy the phone numbers and sending them is handy

14. sat165 macrumors regular

we have voice control andddd we have dragon dictation app which is free in the app store that writes text messages for this? so how can you be jealous?

15. andybno1 macrumors 68040

andybno1

there is a iPhone version of chrome to phone but doesn't act quite the same way:

firefox home

not exactly the same as chrome to phone, you need firefox (obviously lol) an the firefox sync plugin and then just a case of linking them up an your good

16. Jhanson09 macrumors regular

im jealous of the palm pre believe it or not. the wireless charging magnetic stone or whatever they call it is awesome. and no putting my phone into a huger power mat case isn't.

Also wish they would throw and RFID chip into iphone.

17. ohaithar macrumors 6502a

ohaithar

As an iPhone user, I am jealous that other phones have better battery life.

18. b-rad g macrumors 6502a

b-rad g

As a first time iPhoner and coming from a dumb phone (LG Neon) I am jealous of my Neon being able to have custom SMS tones. It is absolutely ridiculous that with all the technology in iOS that they don't add this feature.

19. aforty macrumors 65816

aforty

Meh... I really like the simple voice commands on the iPhone but I very rarely use them because I feel dorky. To each their own, though.

20. seanuhthin macrumors member

seanuhthin

This reminds me of bluetooth so much. Only, people will think your talking to someone, but they will get freaked out as in their eyes your screaming voice commands to the person on the other line! :D "DIAL JIM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! NOW!!!!!!!"

21. Outrigger macrumors 68000

Outrigger

The same things can be said of Facetime. Sure, endless possibilities and looks great on paper but its practically useless.

22. JReynolds thread starter macrumors 6502

I literally use FaceTime everyday, multiple times a day.

Military firefighter so I'm away from home every other day.

23. i hate phones macrumors 6502a

coming from the moto droid to iphone 4 i have to say i REALLY miss the voice and nav integration and i didn't even have this latest version. just having speech to text integrated into just about everything was awesome. did i use it all the time? no, but when i needed it, it was there. i ALWAYS voice searched when i was out and about and to be able to just click on any address anywhere on the web and have the option to get voice turn by turn directions was just one of those things i took for granted.

you should at least be able to set a default nav program and have safari open that up when you click on an address.

24. mytakeontech macrumors 6502a

I am iPhone fan but I would love to have these feature, especially the Voice Commands!

25. JediZenMaster macrumors 68000

JediZenMaster

I'm sure when apple fully intergrates Siri into iOS then we will something that rivals googles voice actions.