Ask a FedEx Courier

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by efyou, Oct 10, 2011.

1. efyou macrumors regular

If you have any general questions, fire away.

I first want to say that you can do one of several things this Friday to receive your phone.

Just chill at home and wait. You will most likely get your delivery before 10:30. Don't panic though if not. Check the tracking number, and if it says (Out For Delivery) you will get it that day. Unless the truck explodes and your iPhone perishes in the fire.

Sign a note or Door Tag and leave it on your door. Be sure to sign the note. (we will leave the phone if you do this. I do not recommend this though for obvious reasons) You can even direct the driver to please deliver it to a neighbor who you know will be home.

You can also have it held at the FedEx station or have it delivered to a FedEx Office (Kinkos) where it can be held there. I'm not 100% sure how you do this. I guess call 1-800-GOFEDEX and go from there. I know this can be done though because people do it all the time. You will need to have the tracking number to do this.

Any other questions I'll try and answer.

2. mloffa, Oct 10, 2011
    Last edited: Oct 10, 2011

mloffa macrumors 6502a

mloffa

How come you and your bff UPS never delivery my things before at least 6 PM? EVER. I'm an impatient person. And I don't even line in the middle or nowhere or anything.

/totally kind of kidding btw

3. Iphoneness macrumors 6502

Iphoneness

Any way to get it before Friday if it's at our local hub before then?

----------

Btw, you guys are the nicest people. Every single one of you guys are awesome. Thanks for your services!

4. haticK macrumors 6502a

haticK

Typically they deliver to businesses first (because they close at a certain time) so a lot of times that's why residential addresses have to wait longer on some occasions.

5. mloffa macrumors 6502a

mloffa

Yeah, I know. :D I was just being a smarta*s. & I'm just really impatient..especially when it comes to new shiny apple products. :)

6. SoCalRon macrumors newbie

I have a question I won't be home from 9AM-12:30PM. If they come during that time will they try again in the afternoon or will I have to pick it up at the Fedex/kinkos office later?

7. mikethebigo macrumors 68000

You're saying it can be held at FedEx and picked up that morning? That would be awesome.

What about everyone on here saying that one delivery attempt must occur before it can be held? Not true?

8. Iphoneness macrumors 6502

Iphoneness

Hope this is possible!

9. efyou thread starter macrumors regular

Well, first off I must clarify that I'm with FedEx Express.. not Ground or Home Delivery. And I don't know about UPS at all. They deliver really late in my area too. At Express there are several delivery types in general. You get what you pay for, or what the person sending the stuff pays for.

If you are getting stuff real late with FedEx Express it's probably the cheapest delivery option. If it's not delivered by the commit time then you can request a refund. But generally the Priority Overnight stuff is delivered by 10:30am and the Standard Overnight is by 3pm. Anything after that generally is not an overnight shipment.

----------

No. I mean I suppose it's slightly possible if you have a tracking number and you know it's at the station. You could try it but I doubt it. :)

10. mloffa macrumors 6502a

mloffa

Last year, for the iPhone 4 launch, I didn't receive it until around 5:30PM June 23rd. Yes, it was still the day before it was officially released but that whole day waiting was torture. :eek: Again, I was kind of kidding with my 'question,' I know you guys do a lot of hard work and probably have to deal with a lot of rude customers & such. :D

11. efyou thread starter macrumors regular

Maybe it's different for the iPhone? I have not heard that though.

If you call early enough, before the trucks hit the road you should be able to hold it there. I think. All I know for sure is that once in a while one of our CSA's will come up to me while I'm loading and organizing my truck and she will ask for a certain package on my truck. And what is usually happening is it is being held. If they say one attempt has to be made you could throw a fit and see if that works. It might. lol

12. FreakinEurekan macrumors 68040

FreakinEurekan

You're a brave man, opening up this can of worms ;)

These phones will be coming either 2nd Day or Express Saver (3 Day), so delivery commitment times are 4:30PM for commercial addresses and 7:00PM for residences.

Also the commitment is made to the shipper, not the receiver - i.e. if it's late, you can submit a claim to the shipper (Apple or your carrier) and then THEY can submit a claim to FedEx for refund of the shipping fees. Since Apple and/or the carrier is not charging you (the customer) for shipping, you do not have any recourse or remuneration if the shipment is late.

http://www.fedex.com/us/service-guide/our-services/us/index.html

http://www.fedex.com/us/service-guide/terms/express-ground/index.html

13. efyou thread starter macrumors regular

You will need to go pick it up. Or we will try again tomorrow. They should leave a door tag that you can sign if you want it left. The door tag should show the address of the station too.

ALTHOUGH.. if you call you can make a request for a reattempt that same day. The driver does not need to reattempt it though. Dispatch will send the driver a message asking if he/she could please reattempt. Completely up to the driver though. I always reattempt but it's not our favorite thing to do.

14. SFStateStudent macrumors 604

SFStateStudent

Please, Please, PLEASE have my iPhone 4S delivered by FEDEX!!!! Got my iPhone 4 day before launch day @8:30am!!! UPS usually drives in circles and NEVER calls to verify an address they CANNOT find, then take it back to clubhouse and I can't pick it up b/c the drivers are still out at 8pm...I wave at ALL FEDEX Drivers that pass my way b/c they might be transporting my Apple purchases...lol :cool:

15. efyou thread starter macrumors regular

Correct. I think the person asking the question was just talking about other package deliveries in general. But yeah, for the iPhone you can't get a refund on your delivery.

16. DiamondMac macrumors 68040

DiamondMac

Post credentials with pics?

We had several people say this last year and some of them ended up being posters that just wanted some attention (and admitted it later)

17. efyou thread starter macrumors regular

From what I've heard there have been a ton of orders for the 4s, so it may be that some lucky people will get it a day early. We may deliver some the day before to lighten the load. I have not heard that this will happen but I could see that it's a possibility.

----------

Well... lol I dunno what to say to that. I'm not posting my employee I.D. on here. Did they at least have the right info?

18. Vikinguy macrumors 6502

My apartment office accepts packages. UPS and USMAIL automatically leave them there...if I sign a note asking the FEDEX driver to leave it at the office will he/she?

19. Hankster macrumors 68020

Hankster

The FedEx hub is two miles from my house. Can I go there Thursday evening or Friday morning with my tracking number and ask for them to hold my package there? Then just driver there Friday morning and pick it up?

20. efyou thread starter macrumors regular

Yep.

----------

See, as far as I know you could do this. I've never heard of the one delivery attempt must be made thing as someone stated earlier. I'd go there and ask them at least.

21. efyou thread starter macrumors regular

I just asked my manager about the HOLD thing and he said the same as I thought. You should be able to have the phone held at the station and pick it up anytime on the 14th. He also said, as far as he knew. I'd definitely go down and ask the CSA at your local hub about this option. They (the CSA's) are the ones who would know about this option most clearly.

22. 2010RS macrumors 6502

you serious clark?

23. efyou thread starter macrumors regular

Strange if you ask me but, here's a pic I just took of my work hat and DiamondMac's post in the background.

[​IMG]

24. 2010RS macrumors 6502

careful, they'll be asking for your paystubs and supervisor's phone number next.

25. efyou thread starter macrumors regular

Oh, one more thing. My manager mentioned that UPS and "some other delivery company" have taken over much of the Apple deliveries in our area. He wasn't sure if this was company wide but that we definitely have lost some Apple business.

So you may need to talk to a UPS courier. haha.