Ask your stupid iOS 7 question here!

Discussion in 'iOS 7' started by portishead, Sep 18, 2013.

1. jas2quick macrumors newbie

jas2quick

Where and how do use FaceTime audio with IOS7? I have an iPhone 4S if that makes any difference

2. Gincoma macrumors 6502

it wont let me sign in to my apple id for iMessage it keeps saying could not connect to network when I know im connected either wifi or 4g neither wont let me, anyone have any ideas or happening to anyone else????

3. benji888 macrumors 68000

benji888

Actually you need to have wifi & bluetooth turned on, but you do not need to be connected to a wifi network. AirDrop does require iCloud account, if you both have icloud, then, you may need to sign in if you haven't since updating to iOS 7.

4. blco02 Suspended

Yea but it only shows purchased movies/shows/videos.

5. C DM macrumors Sandy Bridge

In the photos app? On mine it shows videos I recorded and nothing else.

6. Jazzandmetal? macrumors regular

Is it possible to see the person you are talking to on the phone if you have it on speaker like iOS 6? Or is just a blur that I have to deal with.

7. C DM macrumors Sandy Bridge

Are you talking about the contact photo? If so, it seems like tr blur effect takes over.

8. blco02 Suspended

Nvm I found it. Thanks.

9. Jazzandmetal? macrumors regular

Yep. You used to be able to see the person in the background under the icons now it is a big blur.

10. benji888 macrumors 68000

benji888

There is a weather summary in the "Today" tab of notifications (text only). If you tap on it, it will take you to weather app (iPads may not have this).

Go to Settings>Notification Center> "TODAY VIEW" section to turn on/off various items for Today View.
    There is no way to delete (bugs me too). It seems to be based on some time period. Those of us that have used the beta are guessing a month, or perhaps 20 days or some such thing...currently my updates go back to Sept. 5th, so maybe 2 weeks?
    But, if you update manually on your idevice it will still list the update there for a period of time (see above).
    not every iPhone: "AirDrop is available on iPhone 5 or later, iPad (4th generation), iPad mini, and iPod touch (5th generation) and requires an iCloud account." (footnote 5: http://www.apple.com/ios/whats-new/) ...The idevice has to have certain bluetooth/wifi hardware, it is a hardware limitation.

11. Huracan macrumors 6502

Huracan

Some people say there are no stupid questions. I think my question comment is relatively valid, but low importance/impact. I use a passcode of more than 4 characters, therefore the iPhone cannot predict the end of it like with the 4 character passcode and requires me to punch ok at the end of entering the passcode. The number keyboard is of a nice size and the number circles filling with color as I press them give a nice feedback. However, I find the Ok button besides the passcode asterisk window a bit small, and not that easy to hit in a hurry. As I say, it is not the end of the world, but it would be nice to make that Ok button easier to hit, larger, etc.

I've been looking around in documentation, etc. to see if there is any gesture or something to work as pressing Ok.

On a positive note I really like that I can swipe left to right from any position of the screen to bring the passcode keyboard. That's nice.

12. Krispy162 macrumors regular

Krispy162

I can't seem to find airdrop on my iPad when I swipe up to view control center. The only thing showing up is AirPlay
    [​IMG]

13. benji888 macrumors 68000

benji888

"AirDrop is available on iPhone 5 or later, iPad (4th generation), iPad mini, and iPod touch (5th generation) and requires an iCloud account." (footnote 5: http://www.apple.com/ios/whats-new/) ...The idevice has to have certain bluetooth/wifi hardware, it is a hardware limitation.

----------

If you go to a person's contact, there is a "Facetime" section, two icons, use the phone icon for FaceTime audio.

BTW, you can get to a person's contact page from Messages app by clicking on "Contact" at top right, you can voice call or video facetime direct by icon here or press the circle "i" for their contact page.

14. fifi77, Sep 19, 2013
    Last edited: Sep 19, 2013

fifi77 macrumors regular

Where is the iCloud bookmark symbol in Safari for the iPhone? It's there for the iPad, but I can't see it for the iPhone.

I hope I'm being stupid.

Edit: Found it, it's only visible when you start scrolling through tabs. Which is stupid and looks horrible.

15. Nezben macrumors newbie

Ive not read through the whole thread so it might have been answered.

In my notification center i can not get the weather information to appear.
    The setting is turned on in Setting>Privacy. Ive tried toggling it but nothing.

Any help would be appreciated.

16. KeanosMagicHat macrumors 65816

KeanosMagicHat

17. kappaknight macrumors 68000

kappaknight

When are they going to update the iBooks, iMovie, etc. apps? I saw that NewsStand was updated already.

18. Nolander07 macrumors 6502a

This is a strange one. You have to have the person's primary Apple ID email listed in your contacts, and have that email listed under iCloud email (not just email, home, work, etc.). If you don't want to do it that way, my fix had been just to be recognized by everyone instead of contacts only. I hope this makes sense.

Edit: I quoted the wrong post. This was in response to the post about contacts not recognizing each other in airdrop on iPhone 5.

19. hiren43 macrumors newbie

Should i update my iPhone 4 to ios 7?

Is it as smooth as it was in previous ios?

Currently on ios 6.0 (jailbroken)

20. laudern macrumors 6502a

How the hell do I navigate forwards and backwards in safari without having to tap the top of the screen to get the < > buttons to show up on the bottom of the screen???

21. KeanosMagicHat macrumors 65816

KeanosMagicHat

Just swipe left to go forward and right to go back.

One of the best simple features of iOS 7, I use it all the time.

22. laudern macrumors 6502a

Sweet thanks for that.

One last observation. When you are scrollng up on a webpage do all of the buttons and address bar pop up? But never does when you are scrolling down

23. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

Agreed. Once I realized this I stopped being frustrated at the auto-hiding of the nav buttons.

24. super chimp macrumors 6502a

My app update seems stuck all it keeps showing is the last app updated after installing iOS 7 & it doesn't clear that out the way now it's updated & check for more updates?