Ask your stupid iOS 7 question here!

Discussion in 'iOS 7' started by portishead, Sep 18, 2013.

1. sagar4995 macrumors 6502a

sagar4995

quick one.
    when using whatsapp or some other apps, i noticed the keyboard is the old ios6 format, and not the one we use on imsg/sms/notes.
    this is because whatsapp n other other apps haven't been updated to ios7 support yet.
    am i right?

2. KeanosMagicHat macrumors 65816

KeanosMagicHat

You're not wrong . . .

3. Wolfie305 macrumors newbie

Wolfie305

So I had iOS7 since the first beta. I was sure I would get an update yesterday or today because my last update was about 3 weeks ago, but it says I have iOS7 and I'm currently up to date?

Were they completely finished with it three weeks ago? Or should the beta people be getting an update soon?

----------

Also, I have been meaning to ask this for a while - album art. Where the **** did it go?

I am very particular about my music and make sure everything I put on it does, in fact, have the album art. During the second beta, all of the album art next to my artists suddenly changed to random dumb pictures of the bands or singers.

I want my album art back :( Can I change this?

4. jsw80 macrumors newbie

jsw80

How do you save a photo from an iMessage/message? I've tried double tapping and holding down on the picture and don't see the option to save to camera roll.

5. KeanosMagicHat, Sep 19, 2013
    Last edited: Sep 19, 2013

KeanosMagicHat macrumors 65816

KeanosMagicHat

It won't OTA update. You'll have to download the .ipsw of the GM build for your device and manually update in iTunes.

Not as far as I know. Does turning off Settings > Music > Group By Album Artist do anything to help? I have it on at the moment and am reluctant to change it as it suits me as it is. Unfortunately I've been made wary having lost album art in the past changing things.

For me, with this option on, Artist View shows stock Apple artist pics where they are available and only shows the albums when you drill down.

Album art is shown in all other views however, including the landscape album wall.

Tap to open the photo, click the Share icon in the bottom left and tap Save Image bottom left again.

Not the most intuitive to have to click the Share icon I know.

6. jsw80 macrumors newbie

jsw80

Thank You!

7. psg2000 macrumors member

psg2000

I like the collection of apple apple: which you cannot delete being labelled pointless
    :):):)

8. PJ. macrumors regular

Why can't I swipe to delete text messages anymore in iOS 7 please? Thanks.

PJ

9. CDMA macrumors newbie

will it work?

Consider this one one of stupid questions :)
    Ok good folks at MacRumors Forum – its possible that my question or doubt has already been addressed and dealt with accordingly, however I’m yet to find confirmation on it – Ok, here it goes – I have Iphone4s that’s CDMA sprint US and currently using Gevey Ultra Sim and T-Mobile carrier. It’s been updated to latest OS version prior to the new mighty iOS7; the burning question I have is that if it’s possible to update the software to iOS7? I’m concerned that I may lose T-Mobile network and fail to downgrade it to its prior OS – besides, I don’t even know the process to use Gevey to use it GSM as it was done by local service provider. So, can anyone confirm to me if its possible to upgrade without facing issues that could potentially messed up the service – please now, the phone is NOT jailbroken and I’m not worrying about that – rather if I can just update the software while using the gevey sim.
    Thanks you all..

10. RMo macrumors 65816

RMo

Disabling post-unlock animation

Does anyone know if it's possible to disable the animation that happens after unlocking during which the home screen icons fall/slide into place? It makes my iPad 2 unusuable for about one second after unlocking, which sounds small but is pretty annoying since iOS 6 was usable instantly.

Checking the option to disable motion in the Accessibility options in Settings does not disable this animation.

11. Wolfie305 macrumors newbie

Wolfie305

This is a dumb question, but where do I get that?

12. Sandy Santra macrumors 6502

Where do I turn on auto Apps updates?

I forgot to turn it on when it asked during set up. Does anyone know where to turn this on in Settings?

And I don't mean the Settings -> iTunes & App Store -> Automatic Downloads. I believe that was already in iOS 6 and controls new app purchases on other devices being pushed to the one being set up.

Anyone who can post this, thanks!

13. mantan macrumors 68000

Swipe left.

Now what I can't figure out is how to delete only parts of a conversation thread....

oh wait....figured that out. You have to click on a specific conversation bubble...then it'll open up the old 'edit' function to let you check which parts of a thread you want to delete.

14. aerowave macrumors member

Just try plugging it into your computer with the latest version of iTunes installed. My iPhone was on Beta 6, and offered to update to the final version as soon as I connected it.

15. Wolfie305 macrumors newbie

Wolfie305

Hmm, I must have to do it at home then cause connecting it to my computer at work isn't working.

16. Sandy Santra macrumors 6502

Enable auto download for Apps

Found it! It IS in the place I thought it wasn't—d'oh!

Settings -> iTunes & App Store -> Automatic Downloads SECTION -> turn ON the last item "Updates"

17. CDMA macrumors newbie

If you want to delete the whole message, just swipe left – but if you want to delete individual message, then you need to actually clicked that individual message – you’ll get two options – copy and more –one you hit more, should be able to get rid of the message – just that one, just like good old days! Hope that will work!

18. rshock macrumors member

iTunes Radio versus Automatic Updates

So what I can't figure out is how to allow iTunes Radio to use Cellular data (because duh!), but not allow Automatic Updates to use Cellular data. It seems there is only a global choice to allow "Automatic Downloads" to use Cellular data. However, since, apparently, iTunes Radio is considered an "Automatic Download", if I want to prevent my other apps from downloading over Cellular, I can't use iTunes Radio while I'm in the car.

Am I missing something?

19. CDMA macrumors newbie

then again, noticed you figured that out -:)

20. elixxxer macrumors member

Is anyone else experiencing very noticeable dropped frames? iOS 7 on my iPhone 5 spits and stutters like Android versions of yore. There's no way 60fps is being maintained throughout.

21. markthrash macrumors 6502

markthrash

Permission to ask a stupid question. Thank you, OP!

is there a way to get the Twitter & Facebook widgets enabled into the notification center? I cant for the life of me find it in Settings. I had them before I updated.

22. !GS51! macrumors regular

No.

23. iWaldo macrumors member

Case Blocks Control Center

Is there another way to access the control center besides dragging up from the bottom of the screen? The drag area is so small and far down that my Otterbox Defender renders it inaccessible.

24. Sparkey03 macrumors newbie

Think I have come across a bug in messages...

If I search for a contact name who is already displayed on the screen it finds them ok but if I search for someone who has sent me a message a while back and therefore not displayed on the first screen they aren't found?

Ta.

25. portishead thread starter macrumors 65816

I'm not sure what Otterbox Defender is, but yes, that's the only way. You kind of have to just get used to it. It's a little weird to activate at first until you know exactly what movement to use.

----------

It's smooth for me, but try doing a clean install instead of an upgrade. Or restarting, or closing all your apps.