Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Mr. Dee

macrumors 603
Dec 4, 2003
Jamaica
I am starting to feel like, iPhone 12 is gonna be a iPhone XR/XS like demand, very soft and too expensive most folks. Considering what we have been through in 2020, 2021 will have some after effects and I predict that soft demand will carry over into the new year. Things might pickup back in 2022 if some semblance of normalcy returns. Ultimately, 2023 is really the year when I feel like all facet of society will feel healed and a new era of good times will start again. For me, personally, thats the year where I have some significant goals set.

Going back to my phone. I only get to use my iPhone X, one hour out of the work day. What I do on the device, honestly doesn't justify needing to upgrade. Yes, I love to have new stuff, but I guess I've become more practical.

In conclusion:

- 2021 - side effects from 2020, its not gonna be better.
- 2022 - healing and therapy as a society
- 2023 - back on our feet again, take risk again.

AppleFan1998

macrumors regular
Nov 4, 2010
USA
I think the big takeaway from the event this year will be the iPhone Mini. I really don't think most people care about 5G given how fast LTE is for most of us.
True we are just using WiFi since we are indoors most of the time now

ian87w

macrumors G3
Feb 22, 2020
Indonesia
Of course they’re working on 6G, the same as 5G that others are working on. I mean if 3G is labeled as 4G, and 4G is labeled as 5G, then it’s normal for AT&T to talk about 6G now. :)

ian87w

macrumors G3
Feb 22, 2020
Indonesia
I am starting to feel like, iPhone 12 is gonna be a iPhone XR/XS like demand, very soft and too expensive most folks. Considering what we have been through in 2020, 2021 will have some after effects and I predict that soft demand will carry over into the new year. Things might pickup back in 2022 if some semblance of normalcy returns. Ultimately, 2023 is really the year when I feel like all facet of society will feel healed and a new era of good times will start again. For me, personally, thats the year where I have some significant goals set.

Going back to my phone. I only get to use my iPhone X, one hour out of the work day. What I do on the device, honestly doesn't justify needing to upgrade. Yes, I love to have new stuff, but I guess I've become more practical.

In conclusion:

- 2021 - side effects from 2020, its not gonna be better.
- 2022 - healing and therapy as a society
- 2023 - back on our feet again, take risk again.
Wasn't the iPhone XR the best selling phone in 2018-2019, at least until the iPhone 11 was released?

ilikewhey

macrumors 68040
May 14, 2014
nyc upper east
I wonder what significant an 12 can offer an 11 does not have. 5g is meaningless with today’s network and Tarifs.
even the 4s design seems odd.
Only iPhone mini appeals, but will not be a pro device.
switching back to qualcomm modem, thats the biggest change in my book. intel has come a long way but still lacks coverage compare to my qualcomm x

redpandadev

macrumors 6502
Jun 3, 2014
Let me guess - they’re going to call mmWave 5g “6g” so it can look like they are ahead of the other carriers when they roll it out years later.

Thrutheroofnunderground

macrumors regular
Jun 16, 2018
North Carolina
I wonder what significant an 12 can offer an 11 does not have. 5g is meaningless with today’s network and Tarifs.
even the 4s design seems odd.
Only iPhone mini appeals, but will not be a pro device.
Yep! I wish the small one was more along the "pro" line though I'm sure it's good enough. Really just want a reasonably sized phone and decent zoom.

Cancelled
Jun 8, 2017
7G is the one to wait for

"7's the key number here. Think about it. 7-Elevens. 7 doors. 7, man, that's the number. 7 chipmunks twirlin' on a branch, eatin' lots of sunflowers on my uncle's ranch. You know that old children's tale from the sea? It's like you're dreamin' about Gorgonzola cheese when it's clearly Brie time, baby. Step into my office."

rjjacobson

macrumors demi-god
Sep 12, 2014
The point of my comment is that people should check their existing plans for 5G access. I already know the status of mine :)
The problem I see for AT&T is that to get me off my unlimited grandfathered plan ($100 a month) and my wife on a $60 plan with less data that works for here none of these work. We are retired, kids moved out and not on AT&T anyway so the requirement for 5 lines is useless for people like us they are ripping us off because we do not need that many lines. I will stay with what I have until I decide to leave AT&T problem is that unlimited data plans with Verizon for example again I am stuck with almost a doubling of cost just for me last time I checked. I also need a service that has decent LTE speed and thus need to stick with carriers with towers all over leaving me to Verizon, AT&T and T-mobile. Verizon still has best tower coverage nationally in rural areas compared to other two unless you are near major highways

rjjacobson

macrumors demi-god
Sep 12, 2014
switching back to qualcomm modem, thats the biggest change in my book. intel has come a long way but still lacks coverage compare to my qualcomm x
So I watched a review claiming the LTE on this new modem will be 2 times as much (not sure of where that comes from-experience with the snapdragon 55 Qualcomm?). I would love to know if it improves our week AT&T area (weak verizon also just no close towers) might give me better results I am usually at 1-2 bars in yard and house so mostly use with WiFi

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.