Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Shasterball

macrumors 65816
Oct 19, 2007
After waiting over two years... I think I can wait under two weeks more. Especially for something I'll hardly use.
I don't know why people mess with their iPhones...

Ummm, yeah. I agree 100%. I'm waiting.

ashad0509

macrumors member
Apr 28, 2009
If you still get a red exclamation mark after following AK's blog post, do the following:

1. Go to Settings -> General -> Network -> Cellular Data Network

2. Enter these settings under the MMS category:

APN: wap.cingular
Username: wap@cingulargprs.com
Password which is case sensitive: CINGULAR1
MMSC: mmsc.cingular.com
MMS Proxy: 66.209.11.32
(keep MMS Max msg size and MMS UA Prof URL how they are)

3. Now reboot your iPhone again.

Chumburro2U

macrumors 6502
Sep 14, 2009
I Love L.A.
For some reason I am also not seeing the little camera attach icon from within the Message app which comes with the iphone software. Using OS 3.1 and carrier file 5.0. How do I get the camera icon thingy>>?

Aldaris

macrumors 68000
Sep 7, 2004
Salt Lake
Sometimes you can't help it when people with other phones send you a MMS. It is nice to be able to view it.

Yeah, it would be nice if AT&T just had a direct link to viewmymessage without the dumb user names and password.

It's not the fact that E-mail is bad and we want MMS, it's that others who aren't fortunate enough to have E-mail capable phones, and the inconvenience of AT&T's system,

Warbrain

macrumors 603
Jun 28, 2004
Chicago, IL
If you still get a red exclamation mark after following AK's blog post, do the following:

1. Go to Settings -> General -> Network -> Cellular Data Network

2. Enter these settings under the MMS category:

APN: wap.cingular
Username: wap@cingulargprs.com
Password which is case sensitive: CINGULAR1
MMSC: mmsc.cingular.com
MMS Proxy: 66.209.11.32
(keep MMS Max msg size and MMS UA Prof URL how they are)

3. Now reboot your iPhone again.

This isn't a for-sure solution. at&t has to remove the opt-out on your account. I've done this and I don't have access yet.

ashad0509

macrumors member
Apr 28, 2009
This isn't a for-sure solution. at&t has to remove the opt-out on your account. I've done this and I don't have access yet.

I know that, its another way to check though.

I followed AK's blog post and still got the red mark. I then changed those settings and it worked perfect. It's just another thing you can try

MasterDev

macrumors 65816
Sep 14, 2009

If you go online to your AT&T account, there is an option to do this when you modify features.

ob81

macrumors 65816
Jun 11, 2007
Virginia Beach
Great news. I guess the 25th was when they would have everyone done.

AT&T made me want a feature that I had YEARS ago.

Thanks AT&T

bdizzle

macrumors member
Feb 28, 2008
Working in Phoenix, AZ after countless hours of non-working. 3.0.1 and Carrier Update 5.1

I would like to recomend the following steps to those who have not yet tried.

Steps I took:
Updated carrier settings with 5.1 and reboot (using tutorial in this thread)
Take sim, put in other AT&T phone
Change phone from iphone to other AT&T phone
Change text message plan from "iPhone Text Messaging Unlimited" to "Messaging Unlimited"
Sent test message
Put sim Back in iphone
Camera icon present and sent test message to self...now works flawless.

PS. MMS worked when wifi turned off, however, after entering in all the wap settings works now with wifi turned on.

MasterDev

macrumors 65816
Sep 14, 2009
mms3.png

Here is a picture of receiving an MMS.

ghostface147

macrumors 601
May 28, 2008
Instructions didn't work for me, nor did inputting the information posted on that site. Oh well.

jthomp

macrumors regular
Apr 4, 2008
the 717
*EDIT*

Upon further inspection, I am stoopid. I answered my own question! Can't wait to get home and give this a shot!

Thankx!

ashad0509

macrumors member
Apr 28, 2009
Ok, I give up. I can find the files and do all that good stuff. However, I am having a heck of a time getting the ipcc files. I have the zip file, tried renaming it, but nothing. What am I missing? I have a strong feeling it's something so simple, I'm making it way harder. And yes, i've looked at all the tutorials, but still am scratching my head...

Alos, what is the best ipcc to use? I have 5.0 and 5.1.

Thankx!

download and use the one in my guide!
http://adam.midlane.net/iPhone/iPhoneMMS.pdf

the settings at the end of the guide are what allow to do it on or off wifi

MasterDev

macrumors 65816
Sep 14, 2009
Um, no, there's not.

If you are on a family plan with the unlimited messaging plan, it will automatically do it. But I'm not sure about individual plans.

*EDIT* Also, it pops up on the edit rate plan area. And if you go to your local AT&T store, you may be able to get someone cool enough to remove the opt out. The customer service people on the phone will not do it, but certain people in store are nicer.

Warbrain

macrumors 603
Jun 28, 2004
Chicago, IL
If you are on a family plan with the unlimited messaging plan, it will automatically do it. But I'm not sure about individual plans.

*EDIT* Also, it pops up on the edit rate plan area.

I'll check there but I highly doubt it exists for me.

Edit: Nope, nothing.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.