AT&T has refurb iphones available 5/14

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by techound1, May 13, 2008.

1. techound1 macrumors 68000

techound1

I'm honestly not sure where to post this. I know some members have been trying to hit this sale and an AT&T sales channel just sent out an email. The gist of it is that AT&T will be launching another iPhone Refurb sale. iPhones are now sold out and are on back-order online. However, you will be able to purchase a refurbished iPhone online at AT&T for only $250 (the email said that it is via a linkshare affiliate only, however, I don't know if that is accurate or just hype for the linkshare people). This promotion is valid from Wednesday, May 14th through Friday, May 16th (while supplies last). If the direct method of getting to the AT&T refurb store doesn't work for the sale, visit ye olde techound1's blog for said link.

2. mix123 macrumors member

So Im assuming us canadians will be able to buy some refurbs on ebay in the next few days

3. PHX-Locksmith macrumors newbie

PHX-Locksmith

Hey! Thanks for the info. I'll definitely have to look into this. $250:eek: isn't bad at all for a refurbished iPhone.

4. LowMach macrumors member

5. bacaramac macrumors 65816

bacaramac

Just bought the 8GB and 16GB model. 250 and 350. Didn't have to sign any contract. Works just like buying it at store. You do contract via iTunes.

6. techound1 thread starter macrumors 68000

techound1

They're now up, but it requires a contract to get to checkout. Awhile ago somebody on MR said they had a way around it, but I'm not sure what it was...

7. saxamoophone macrumors regular

hmmmmmmmmmm................

At this point though, I might as well wait a week for 3G....

8. onlycopunk macrumors 6502

So tempting to get a 16gigger and sell the 8gig.

9. Manie Frizzle macrumors member

the 16g looks mighty tempting....i must resist!

10. mix123 macrumors member

You have to choose a contract but don't have to activate it until you receive the phone.

11. mdwsta4 macrumors 65816

LOL! i'm kind of thinking the same thing! haven't looked lately, what are 8gb selling for nowadays?

12. gkarris macrumors 604

gkarris

These iPhones are great deals for those wanting a backup, EDGE is good enough, or who don't use a data plan at all....

I understand some stores had the 4 Gig for $199 which is the one I would've gotten as a backup, but the AT&T stores around here hardly even got any iPhones in at all.

Get one while it lasts...

13. onlycopunk macrumors 6502

So far the 8gb version is selling for over $400 on ebay new or used so. Mine is less the a week old, I could technically return it to the store, but then I would lose 10%.

What's the deal with refurbs anyway? I've never bought a refurbished anything.

14. gkarris macrumors 604

gkarris

It's a great way to save money and they come with full warranties. Interestingly enough, the refurbished AT&T iPhones have been activated and, according to Apple's database, are eligible for a warranty.

My unlocked one I purchased from Apple has no warranty info at Apple since it has not been activated with AT&T.

I bought my Black MacBook refurbished too, works great and didn't really have to pay a "black premium" for it.

15. onlycopunk macrumors 6502

Ugh I'm such a sucker. I bought a 16gig. The $350 was too good to pass up.

Crossing my fingers that I will get what I paid for the 8gigs from ebay.

16. heyp macrumors 6502

how much do you think you could resell these for after the 3G iphone comes out? would it be better to buy the 8GB or the 16GB as far as resell value?

17. STC macrumors 6502a

New member here!
    I jumped on this when I saw it this AM. I figure I'll either resell it or give it to my son.

I cant wait till I get it, I should get it in a few days.

18. onlycopunk macrumors 6502

It all depends how unlockable the 3G phones are. I'd imagine the prices would stay the same until the new one was able to be unlocked.

19. gkarris macrumors 604

gkarris

If you unlock it you could get about $50 more, as a person who doesn't want to bother with the time to unlock may snatch it up (they just want to use it out of the box).

I've actually have heard of people just using the phone's features without even hooking it up to a computer! :eek: (no need to listen to music or watch vids on it).

20. onlycopunk macrumors 6502

It's already unlocked. Did that first time I pulled it out of the box.

I'm thinking I'll just put up a Buy It Now for the price I paid since it is less then a week old just to ensure I get my $$$ back.

21. techound1 thread starter macrumors 68000

techound1

Nevermind, I just answered my own question. :rolleyes::):)

I live in a place where ATT doesn't have service, but was able to order one without a plan (and sent to my location) by entering a zip for another state. Onward to a $250 adventure!

22. ltldrummerboy macrumors 68000

ltldrummerboy

I was thinking of getting one just as an iPod since it's cheaper than a new iTouch.

23. bazookafx3 macrumors regular

MUST GET ONE! THATS AMAZING!! i was planning on buying a $350 one on craigs list because i thought it was cheap but with this new one i can get it in much better condition and with a warrenty! Good day!!

24. LowMach macrumors member

pulled the trigger on a 16g. our local craigslist is full of people looking to buy iphones, so i hope to sell my 8g once the new one arrives.

my warranty is just about up, so this may work out well if the refurb comes with a 1 year warranty.

25. touchyphone macrumors regular

I just want to say, I used this deal months ago online when they first were offered. The unit and accessories I recieved were FLAWLESS, just perfect. I have had zero issues with the phone, and for $250 for the 8gb, I had to bite as the deal was great!

Anyone questioning this purchase, I say go for it, you won't be mad at all!