iPhone X AT&T iPhone X Deals Possibility

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by YPSteven, Dec 4, 2017.

1. thadoggfather macrumors G3

thadoggfather

People that buy that have to be INSANE data consumers to make it worth it to them

And bare the risk of something att could easily drop or clamp down on somehow

2. clove503 macrumors newbie

Just want to say thank you to everyone in this thread. Ive been holding on to my 6+ since release, not feeling the need to get a new phone, and not wanting to shell out full-price for a new one because that was apparently what you had to do. I have been an AT&T customer for 25 years, and had no idea about the loyalty representatives.

Earlier today, I was able to secure a 256 gb X and a 256 gb 8+ for $699 and $499, respectively. Also I talked them into throwing in 2 pairs of PowerBeats and a case for each phone. It was the first time I ever felt like I was getting an actual deal from AT&T. All because of this thread and the helpful people in it. Thank you all so much!

3. tl01 macrumors 68000

That was what my result was. I will still do the discounted X and a discounted 8 as we aren’t switching carriers...and this is cheaper than any other option.

I am going to do the X on my line for my older son...my X is through the Apple upgrade plan so my line should be eligible...and the 8 I will do on my mom’s line bc her C is on the apple upgrade plan too. I don’t need service on either of the phones. So I just pay the price for the phones outright and if we keep the lines going..which are umlimiyed plus lines then we are good right? I will just reactivate my phone and my mom’s phone once the other phones have arrived.
    --- Post Merged, Dec 11, 2017 ---
    If others got beats too I’ll try for those too tomorrow when I place my order. You did this all via chat?

4. boltjames macrumors 601

boltjames

If you are merely looking to upgrade two existing lines from old equipment to new equipment, you'll get the discount on the hardware, pay in full immediately, and continue your service on those two lines with no activation fees or increase in monthly rate. Those phones will be locked to AT&T for 2 years.

So, yes, all you'll need to do is activate the two new phones when they arrive, confirm they are assigned to the same two phone numbers, and that's that. The other two phones that the new ones are replacing are old enough that they are out of contract so you can unlock them on the ATT website and sell them if you wish, bring the price down on the X and 8 upgrade even further.

5. Mr.Scarface macrumors member

No one answered my question: Do you have to pay the $699 or whatever or can use do the Next program with these phones?

6. clove503 macrumors newbie

I did it all through chat. It honestly took over two hours. The PowerBeats required a lot of positioning and me throwing around the word "loyalty" a lot. But I am a 25 year customer with 6 phone lines, and a few iPad data contracts. I didn't take no for an answer on the headphones...but it is absolutely a case-by-case basis, so dont expect to land them. A phone case of your choice is much more likely.

7. tl01 macrumors 68000

I actually just want to use phones that are on those lines now...and want to give the new phones to my kids for Christmas to just be used on wifi.

8. saltd macrumors 6502a

saltd

You have to pay the full price up front to get the deal. Totally different program from next. Not worth it unless you have the unlimited data plan.

9. thadoggfather macrumors G3

thadoggfather

it is tempting to do this, even with intel radio, for $549

especially if they throw in a case and I can use that for an apple silicone case

even with my panel lottery woes, and all.

Do you just ask for the phone+case for $549/2 year?

10. MuGeN PoWeR macrumors 68020

MuGeN PoWeR

thats not a bad deal but for this you have to stick to AT&T for two years and you cant upgrade after one year!

11. thadoggfather macrumors G3

thadoggfather

You can't buy a phone outright in a year and put itnon the line and sell your lock contract phone if you so desire (like used to be the case)?

12. MuGeN PoWeR macrumors 68020

MuGeN PoWeR

yeah you can but i dont know if someone will be willing to buy the locked phone since most people know that phone has to be paid off and then it can be unlocked.

13. thadoggfather macrumors G3

thadoggfather

Probably true, but I got a buyer for my locked contract 6s plus last year before I got my 7+ so , never know

14. MuGeN PoWeR macrumors 68020

MuGeN PoWeR

the main reason is that there is a risk attached to it, buyer dont know whether it was bought on next or contract, there is a risk of getting the blacklisted phone!

15. Ejkjr macrumors newbie

16. tonester697 macrumors newbie

This is why I am choosing to not go in on the deal, as I am currently on a Mobile Share Plan--having to pay an extra $480 over the course of 2 years just to get an iPHone X at a "discount" doesn't make sense.

17. MuGeN PoWeR macrumors 68020

MuGeN PoWeR

they already have it. Buy X get iPhone 8. but if you are thinking about Buy X and get X then not gonna happen!

18. thadoggfather macrumors G3

thadoggfather

At $550 w 2 year it already almost is BOGO

19. MuGeN PoWeR macrumors 68020

MuGeN PoWeR

yeah true!

20. thadoggfather macrumors G3

thadoggfather

well I guess I'm doing it!

insane deal,

got a symmetry clear case coming free too

21. bunger macrumors 6502

Exact same boat.

22. boltjames macrumors 601

boltjames

I don’t think you can do that. During the setup of my iPhone X’s there was a screen asking for the phone number associated with the phone and it wouldn’t let me continue past that screen until the number shown was verified by ATT.

So you may need to assign the new phones to the adults and take their old phones and give those to the kids for wi-fi. You’ll also wind up paying an extra $40 a month for the privilege as I think you need to maintain incremental lines as that’s the reason the phones are free.

23. tl01 macrumors 68000

Why would I pay an incremental line fee? We have unlimited plus on all our lines. I can’t inagine they care if their phones are actually be used or not. They just care about the line. I asked the rep the other day and they said I could switch phones and use a different phone on my line if I want.

24. jhearty99 macrumors 6502

jhearty99

I apologize if this was asked already, but does anyone if you could use this loyalty upgrade to add a line to a family plan? We have had a 4 person plan for many years and are looking to add someone to the plan.

25. clove503 macrumors newbie

As I understand it, yes. Not only can you get the deal for an existing line, you also get a free iPhone 8/8+ for that extra line that you add.