iPhone X AT&T iPhone X Deals Possibility

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by YPSteven, Dec 4, 2017.

1. 4RunnerHeaven Suspended

I wish there was a way for me to get this deal. I left AT&T for Verizon 6 months ago, came back after being with Verizon for 3 months. AT&T acts like I am a new account now even though I was with them for 15 years. :(

I have an iPhone 8 plus, two iPhone 7s, and one SE. All the phones except the SE are on NEXT. I don't want to pay another line for an X. Is there any options I have to get the X without having to pay $400-500 for any of those 3 phones to trade in? It would be nice to have the X honestly....but it's not a rush.

2. Martyimac macrumors 68000

Martyimac

The only poster i know of that got an X at that price was boltjames and he got that through his providers loyalty program. If there are others I am not aware of them Sorry.

3. MuGeN PoWeR macrumors 68020

MuGeN PoWeR

yeah you dont need to do that anymore!

4. boltjames macrumors 601

boltjames

Price protection has to do with matching an advertised price. This was not advertised. The people who received discounts did so because the loyalty division wanted to retain the business of high-impact / long-term subscribers. I was considering going to a different carrier for my two sons' iPhone's. To retain the business of my entire family on the Unlimited Plus program they offered me a one-time discount on the hardware.

Go back to the very first 3 pages of this thread, it's all there.

5. ROLLTIDE1 macrumors 68000

Actually if someone can hook me up with a screen shot I will have no problem doing a price protection claim :) Shoot me a pm and I will reward you for your effort

6. daraj macrumors member

i got an 8 plus from the loyalty department and i tried to list it in swappa but its coming back as financed. I think we are stuck with the phone for 2 years. Unless i break contract and pay ETF.

7. thadoggfather macrumors G4

thadoggfather

Or you could sell on Craigslist and be clear about the situation

I sold a still on contract 6s plus locked to att no problem right before 7plus came out locally for like $480 or something if memory serves me right

8. daraj macrumors member

The point i was trying to make is that why list the phone as financed therefore preventing us from selling it! technically we own the phone since its a two year contract on service and not device. Its not lease or NEXT..

9. boltjames macrumors 601

boltjames

The discount on the hardware is provided to keep the owner in the ATT ecosystem. That’s what the Loyalty division exists for.

10. 4RunnerHeaven Suspended

Use this link to verify instead of listing it on Swappa.

http://www.imeipro.info/att-imei-check.html
    --- Post Merged, Jan 3, 2018 ---
    Yep, but also keeps you from upgrading too or you have to pay full price for the phone due to that 2 year contract.

11. blairh macrumors 68040

blairh

I'm a 10 year AT&T customer. I tried to get them to change my X to $549.00 w/2 yr contract via chat with loyalty dept instead of Next Every Year. Nothing. Called them, asked to speak to loyalty department, nothing changed. None of them had even heard of this offer.

Also loyalty and retention are the same departments. This was confirmed via several AT&T employees I dealt with via chat and phone.

12. thadoggfather macrumors G4

thadoggfather

“Change your x”?

You probably can’t change an already ordered phone to contract

13. blairh macrumors 68040

blairh

It was worth trying. Plus the people in loyalty all said that the offer I was quoting was something they had never heard of. If they were willing to acknowledge the offer then maybe I had a chance of switching.

14. thadoggfather macrumors G4

thadoggfather

Yeah everyone’s a stickler with method bought with. Contract / contract free / IUP / Carrier financing

15. blairh macrumors 68040

blairh

I'm an idiot. I didn't realize your line access fee goes up $20 with this deal. So that makes no sense for me.

16. thadoggfather macrumors G4

thadoggfather

Depends on your plan

Unlimited plus unaffected

Grandfathered unlimited or others, yeah it might not be wise

17. blairh macrumors 68040

blairh

I have Unlimited Choice One. He insisted it would go up.

18. thadoggfather macrumors G4

thadoggfather

Oh dang

Not familiar with that plan but that’s unfortunate

I think unlimited choice is the lesser unlimited plus with throttled video and stuff

19. blairh macrumors 68040

blairh

Yes it's much cheaper than Unlimited Plus. Hence why the increased line access fee if I sign a contract.

20. MuGeN PoWeR macrumors 68020

MuGeN PoWeR

no it doesnt go up for unlimited choice. When i ordered i was on mobile share plan and it went upto 40$. i changed my plan to unlimited choice and my access line fee is $20 now!

21. blairh macrumors 68040

blairh

That's what the Loyalty department told me.

22. daraj macrumors member

it only makes sense if your plan is unlimited. if you're on mobile share you will end up paying additional $20 a month for a discounted phone! so at the end of the day you're not saving anything ;)
    --- Post Merged, Jan 4, 2018 ---
    and of course with unlimited plan they max you at 3Mbps!! sucks

23. thadoggfather macrumors G4

thadoggfather

That’s the lower tier unlimited plan tho

Unlimited plus has the speeds and tether

24. MuGeN PoWeR macrumors 68020

MuGeN PoWeR

yeah i hate that 3mbps cap and on the other hand they are planning to launch 5G by the end of this year. They need to get rid of this cap first :mad: