iPhone X AT&T iPhone X Deals Possibility

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by YPSteven, Dec 4, 2017.

1. Ejkjr macrumors member

A bogo on buying an X and getting an X will happen. It might not be until spring or summer but I think it will happen.

2. Joe h macrumors member

Be extra careful with AT&T when it comes to bogo and next deals. Document everything, read the fine print carefully, and prepare to go to war with every “manager” in the call center.

With the bogo deals, they’ll try to claim either you bought your phones when a deal wasn’t active, or you didn’t fulfill one of the terms. Also since it is months before the credits happen, the only recourse if you lose the fight, is paying full price for two phones.

With the next upgrade plan, they WILL lose track of your phone. Your old phone could literally be sitting inside their return facility, and they’ll try to claim they haven’t received it within the required time. If lucky, they’ll mail the phone back to you, if unlucky, you got one massive headache(no phone and a bill for hundreds of dollars).

3. DRapp macrumors newbie

Anybody else get an iPhone X 64 GB for $549 or 256 GB $699? I contacted Loyalty dept yesterday since my wife and I are on the Unlimted Plus plan and she acted like I was from Mars. We also have our Direct TV and Internet with AT&T and have been with AT&T for many years (over a decade.)

4. Releck97 macrumors regular

Yes, through Loyalty Chat. I would recommend that you not call.

5. DRapp, Dec 14, 2017
    Last edited: Dec 14, 2017

DRapp macrumors newbie

I initially went through chat and the connection “coincidentally” was dumped at the point where we were getting down to the nitty gritty. Then I was informed to contact them by phone. I plan on going back to chat but want to see if other have nailed the deal. Thanks for repying.

6. thadoggfather macrumors G3

thadoggfather

ordered two days ago on loyalty chat, shipped yesterday, just received :D

thanks so much OP

awesome deal,

definitely will have me looking at the X in a different light at this price

7. boltjames macrumors 601

boltjames

Even though the Loyalty rep on Chat told me that the $45 activation fee would be waived for the 2 iPhone X's I purchased last week, the charges were there and I had to get back on Chat to get the $90 removed, took about 25 minutes and a lot of typing to get to the right person. Everything apparently has to be approved by a Loyalty manager.

Check your bill carefully.

8. DRapp, Dec 15, 2017
    Last edited: Dec 15, 2017

DRapp macrumors newbie

Follow up on my post yesterday. I was finally able to get a Loyalty Dept Rep via chat who ultimately processed my order for two iPhone X’s 64GB for $549 each each plus tax. 24 month contract but no upgrade fee or additional fees to my Unlimited Plus Plan.Thanks to all who contributed to this thread. Happy Holidays.

9. thadoggfather macrumors G3

thadoggfather

I’m still so pumped I got an X for like 329 less than my 7+ I bought contract free last year

Brings me back to the golden days of subsidy pricing

10. boltjames macrumors 601

boltjames

+1

The next time someone on this forum says the cliche “you were paying for it all along”, remind them of this.

11. thadoggfather macrumors G3

thadoggfather

With a little bit of luck timing wise, X jailbreak will come before or just after Christmas too, or before the end of the year! It's looking like a certainty, just a matter of when.

[​IMG]

12. dangerfish macrumors 6502

Thanks for this thread. I chatted in with Loyalty last night and got the 256Gb for $699 + tax. No activation fee and a free Otterbox. No change to my monthly bill. Someone else got some free wireless earbuds and I wasn't able to get that but I'm very happy with this deal. Phone ships day after Christmas.

13. thadoggfather macrumors G3

thadoggfather

This deal makes me so happy

Really thoroughly enjoying my x at subsidy pricing

14. MuGeN PoWeR macrumors 68020

MuGeN PoWeR

i got 8 plus for 350$, amazon echo gen 2, otterbox case for free!! and according to reddit, they are going to advertise this deal from 30th December!!

15. thadoggfather macrumors G3

thadoggfather

Are these devices for sure locked?

Has anyone tested it out ?

16. MuGeN PoWeR macrumors 68020

MuGeN PoWeR

yeah they are locked. i tested but it said invalid sim!

17. pst23 macrumors 6502a

AT&T did not offer me a iPhone X for $699 how did you guys get this offer?

18. thadoggfather macrumors G3

thadoggfather

Have no need for it for the foreseeable future possibly ever but do those premium unlock services on eBay work well for under contract iPhones ?

19. MuGeN PoWeR macrumors 68020

MuGeN PoWeR

Yes there was one and people got their phones unlocked through it successfully. The price was $189 last time i checked.
    --- Post Merged, Jan 1, 2018 ---
    Talk to the loyalty department

20. thadoggfather macrumors G3

thadoggfather

Thanks if I do break contract and pay ETF and wait a few, I can probably just get a regular unlock performed ?

Just curious :D

Don’t expect to need any of this but

21. MuGeN PoWeR macrumors 68020

MuGeN PoWeR

Yes you can. All you have to do is just pay ETF.

22. thadoggfather macrumors G3

thadoggfather

Thanks and I think last question cause it’s been a while

If I do get it unlocked I just reset all settings put in non att sim and it’s unoocked right ? No need to iTunes restore or any of That?

23. MuGeN PoWeR macrumors 68020

MuGeN PoWeR

You don’t need to reset all settings as well. Just pop in other sim and it should automatically pick up the signals.

24. ROLLTIDE1 macrumors 68000

Can someone please help me out with a price protection claim by sending me a screen shot of the $699 price for the 256gb Iphone x ? Thanks and Happy Holidays

25. thadoggfather macrumors G3

thadoggfather

Really ? Interesting !!

I think on iPhone 5 days you had to restore. Thanks