Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Maclver

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Nov 23, 2008
New Mexico
How do you figure one month away? That would be 11 months out of 18. Its a little different. If it were 17 months then maybe. I am in the same prediciment and it has nothing to do with AT&T. All cell providers do that, AT&T and Verizon are 18 months and Sprint is 1 year on Premiere accounts and 2 years on regular.

he is just upset.. or something i dont know!

Eddieowns

macrumors member
Jul 8, 2008
Portland, OR
AT&T can be nice, I was able to purchase a 32GB iPhone 3GS without having to pay 500, by opening a new line on my family plan, and just keeping my current line open for 10 dollars. THey were very helpful, and made the experience that much better.

Ashad11

macrumors newbie
Apr 10, 2009
AT&T can be nice, I was able to purchase a 32GB iPhone 3GS without having to pay 500, by opening a new line on my family plan, and just keeping my current line open for 10 dollars. THey were very helpful, and made the experience that much better.

so you are just paying $240 extra to save $200? and you had to change your phone number? i'm sure at&t was incredibly excited to help you

Maclver

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Nov 23, 2008
New Mexico
Thanks for the reply, im gonna try it tomorrow. ill let you guys know what happens.

good luck.... just go in there and dont beat around the bush... tell them what you want. throw how long you have been a customer at them, throw how much a month you pay... . but be nice!

BLACK MAC

macrumors 6502
Feb 9, 2007
I am hopeful I can get this one my girlfriends line. My is eligible for a FULL upgrade next month. Looking forward to the new iPhone and parting ways with my 3G.

Lakailb87

macrumors regular
Jul 11, 2008
San Francisco
I don't understand how you guys are already eligible for early upgrade? I stood in line last year opening day for the Iphone 3G and it says I can't upgrade until dec. 12. WTF is going on

bigchief

macrumors 6502a
Feb 26, 2009
Glad to see something positive from this whole iPhone 3GS fiasco.

Fiasco? The only people who think this is a fiasco are those who want to stop making payments on a phone they said they would pay for by signing a contract.

Maclver

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Nov 23, 2008
New Mexico
I don't understand how you guys are already eligible for early upgrade? I stood in line last year opening day for the Iphone 3G and it says I can't upgrade until dec. 12. WTF is going on

Are you on a family plan? is your line the main line? and did you buy the original iPhone

Fiasco? The only people who think this is a fiasco are those who want to stop making payments on a phone they said they would pay for by signing a contract.

I think its funny everyone that is gripping about the contracts! its like they have never owned a cell phone before

Lakailb87

macrumors regular
Jul 11, 2008
San Francisco
On a side note I really don't care too much about missing this update it was a very subtle one at best, the only reason I would want to upgrade is for the 32GB and because my headphone jack is having issues on my 3G. You can't even use the faster internet because ATT won't have that rolled out for a while. Next year will hopefully be much better.

Maclver

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Nov 23, 2008
New Mexico
On a side note I really don't care too much about missing this update it was a very subtle one at best, the only reason I would want to upgrade is for the 32GB and because my headphone jack is having issues on my 3G. You can't even use the faster internet because ATT won't have that rolled out for a while. Next year will hopefully be much better.

good luck next year... sorry!

TRAG

macrumors 6502
Jan 6, 2009
Louisiana, USA
When will they learn this lesson :rolleyes:

It sure does. A friend of my family works there. She let me use my cousin's upgrade and I'll let my cousin use mine this December. Now I'm onlu paying $299 instead of $499. :D AND, she told me that if I had called her earlier I could have gotten it a day or two before release date. She would have just called me up there. Oh well, I show up a 7 AM and I have a new iPhone 3G S⃣ !

Maclver

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Nov 23, 2008
New Mexico
It sure does. A friend of my family works there. She let me use my cousin's upgrade and I'll let my cousin use mine this December. Now I'm onlu paying $299 instead of $499. :D AND, she told me that if I had called her earlier I could have gotten it a day or two before release date. She would have just called me up there. Oh well, I show up a 7 AM and I have a new iPhone 3G S⃣ !

Congrats!

tremlock

macrumors 6502a
Jun 16, 2008
The Land of Cleves
Just my opinion but I think they're holding the can't upgrade now thing so they don't get swamped like last year. Once everyone buys they'll make it where everyone can get subsidized pricing. Give it a few months. And for the record i'm more than happy with my 3g And will not be upgrading anytime soon. I'll wait until 2010 to see what's offered then

Zarile3

macrumors member
Jun 11, 2009
this isn't uncommon. I worked for Sprint for 2 years. We had multiple times a month that someone would come in, knowing they weren't eligible until the next month, and we would fill out a form and send it to either our manager, or if he or she wasn't in, the next manager we could find. They looked over the account, if they didn't have any outstanding balance or bad notes on the account, it would usually be ok'd.

Now only a year contract being pushed up to a two year contact, that's unheard of.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.