AT&T Officially SOLD OUT

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by coelacanth, Jun 15, 2010.

1. oldschooldude macrumors regular

I am suprised as slow as their site has been processing orders today!

2. TurboSC macrumors 65816

TurboSC

ouch... I reserved mine @ RadioShack this morning @ 10am, 6th in the queue, my coworker went a few hours later, they had already sold out as well :(

3. RonHC macrumors 6502a

RonHC

4. bahlman macrumors newbie

they said the same thing last year, and last year they were full of crap. why would att sell out? they dont have the phones, apple does.

5. djransom macrumors 68040

djransom

Honestly it doesn't surprise me IF this is actually fact. The response for the iPhone 4 has been off the meter so it's quite possible and you can only guarantee so many for launch day before you have to cut it off.

6. coelacanth thread starter macrumors 6502

I hope at least this will unload the AT&T server a bit for those trying to order from Apple.

7. djransom macrumors 68040

djransom

I'm pretty sure AT&T had at least an idea of their allotment from Apple. I still question this though IF true though it wouldn't surprise me.

8. Rooftop voter macrumors 6502a

Impresive. I'm glad I reserved mine at the apple store earlier!!!

9. Hawklight macrumors member

I wonder where Apple is at on supply right now.

10. br1an425 macrumors newbie

because apple makes the phones and only allots a certain number of the phones to be sold by att!

11. rwilliams macrumors 68040

rwilliams

I got my order in well before 4:30 Eastern, so I should be good, as long as they don't cancel my order like others have reported.

12. coelacanth thread starter macrumors 6502

I've never pre-ordered/reserved at AT&T. I just don't have that kind of faith in them. Did people pre-ordered "in time" from AT&T actually get the phone on the launch day last year? Or some stores got way off prediction of how many units they'll get on the first day?

13. spiderguy84 macrumors regular

Seriously,
    I haven't seen one post from someone who ordered with no problems at all. You would think if they sold out that we would be hearing from more people who got their orders in. Took me 6 hours to get 2 iPhone's pre-ordered off Apple.com using two Apple ID's on two different phone lines.

14. jtara macrumors 65816

Now, there's the ultimate Catch-22.

The only people who get pre-orders are those who ordered before the pre-order process was working.

Fortunately, I reserved at an Apple Store (using the new iPhone Appple Store app... nothing else worked) just in case.

At least I'll get to observe a riot in person.

15. wr1020 macrumors regular

Theres multiple people here in the forums that were able to order through att with no issues, i'm one of them. I was able to checkout in less than 5 minutes and got a confirmation email a minute after i submitted my order.

16. Runt888 macrumors 6502a

After all the crap that's happened today (including AT&T stored taking people's order on paper to enter in later), how could they possibly know how many phones have been accounted for?

Either they're completely full of crap (most likely in my book) or they have officially sold out and there's going to be a ton of angry people who think they have a pre-order but don't.

17. I AN LEGEND macrumors regular

just heard this on the news. silly.
    i got an order "through", received an order number and everything, but yet to get an e-mail or get charged. hope i'm good to go..

18. bahlman macrumors newbie

this is exactly why im doubting this whole sold out thing, it seems someone said this to try and negate the fact att's servers cant hang.

19. djransom macrumors 68040

djransom

Same here. The only issue I had was only because of my own doing and I finally figured it out. I got my order through about 6:15AM CST.

20. iadam09 macrumors regular

I ordered my iPhone at 5:18am EDT. I got my credit card charged, and a confirmation number (once my order was processed). I've been checking it on the website and by calling AT&T and it's being processed. Both AT&T and my CC company say it has all been approved thus far.

I never got a confirmation email though.

21. JohnnyQuest macrumors 65816

JohnnyQuest

I don't buy this for one second. No one has been able to get through hardly!

22. dagomike macrumors 65816

Same thing happened last year, but not as fast. Apple gave ATT a specific number of phones to ship to customers. Once that get close, ATT cuts off orders so not to over promise.

So, sales are either high or Apple gave them few phones. Former is a pretty good bet.

23. sarcosis macrumors 6502a

I didn't have any issues with mine either. Took me about 20 minutes cuz i was half awake at 4:30 am EDT and I was typing on the iPad. As for sold out, it's possible. Remember, it's only AT&T that's sold out. The supply chain is stretched out much farther this year with Radio Shack, Best Buy, and Walmart, so AT&T's allocation might have been smaller. Apple and Walmart should have the predominate stock. Apple since they are making it and Walmart simply because they are huge.

Looking at demand today, it's possible.