Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

fuzion

macrumors 6502
Mar 15, 2010
Sometimes I wish forums like this didn't exist - I'd be blissfully unaware that others showed shipping updates if it weren't for this forum.

So, they say information is power. What do I do w/ this information about people getting tracking numbers?

I go ahead and ruin my day stewing over MY order status.

I wish I didn't know ...

Don't worry mine is ruined too; let's IM hateful things about the lucky ones.

RobNYC

macrumors 6502a
May 28, 2008
New York, NY
Is it me or is the only ones shipping from people who ordered through the regular ATT site only confirming the shipping of 16g phones?

Has anyone here who ordered a 32gb phone from the regular att site showing the order date of 6/16 getting any shipping conformation?

S1njin

macrumors 6502a
May 3, 2010
NJ
Is it me or is the only ones shipping from people who ordered through the regular ATT site only confirming the shipping of 16g phones?

Has anyone here who ordered a 32gb phone from the regular att site showing the order date of 6/16 getting any shipping conformation?

Good question.

iMuscles

macrumors newbie
Jun 21, 2010
Placed Order: 6/15 6:21PM EST - Didn't get email confirmation till 6/17
Ordered through AT&T site
AT&T Order Date/Status: 6/16 (possibly because I ordered after 4pm CT?)| In Progress, 1-0-0

drewc1138

macrumors 6502
Jun 30, 2007

From this page:

Ordered mine online from AT&T on the 15th at 12:30 PM.

No updated order status until the following morning.

No email until the day after that.

But 15 min's ago (yes, been checking every 30 minutes :) ), this appeared.

ATTorder.jpg

Still no additional email as of yet, but I'm hopeful for a Wed or Thur at the latest delivery. :)

fuzion

macrumors 6502
Mar 15, 2010
Placed Order: 6/15 6:21PM EST - Didn't get email confirmation till 6/17
Ordered through AT&T site
AT&T Order Date/Status: 6/16 (possibly because I ordered after 4pm CT?)| In Progress, 1-0-0

Oh good another person who ordered after me and isn't backordered like I am.

Wait let me check my status...

YUP! Still back ordered. I was getting worried for a minute that AT&T might pay attention to the fact that I ordered my **** before some of the people they are shipping phones to. No worries, looks like they are still douches.

bidwalj

macrumors 65816
Feb 16, 2007
In the same boat. Ordered 4am pxt and order says placed on the 16. Shows as backordered. I'll give them until weds otherwise I'm just picking it up from best buy. I'm number 6 there.

S1njin

macrumors 6502a
May 3, 2010
NJ
Oh good another person who ordered after me and isn't backordered like I am.

Wait let me check my status...

YUP! Still back ordered. I was getting worried for a minute that AT&T might pay attention to the fact that I ordered my **** before some of the people they are shipping phones to. No worries, looks like they are still douches.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA Dude you just made me crack up.

I feel like i"m gonna get the shaft.

What happens if I take my Best Buy reservation over this? Does ATT still treat it as a seperate line w/ the cheapo phone price?

ugahairydawgs

macrumors 68030
Jun 10, 2010
There really doesn't seem to be much rhyme or reason in relating when/where an order was made and whether or not it has been shipped or not.

S1njin

macrumors 6502a
May 3, 2010
NJ
In the same boat. Ordered 4am pxt and order says placed on the 16. Shows as backordered. I'll give them until weds otherwise I'm just picking it up from best buy. I'm number 6 there.

Number 4 for me. Do you still get the phone at the cheap price even though ATT has a preorder choking in their system?

i-Engineer

macrumors member
Jun 20, 2010
I ordered 4:45 pm EDT through ATT. At premier order is on 15th, in ATT order is in 16th and still show back order.

jpeg42

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 9, 2009
Orygun
OK, so as of Noon PST, a few people with the 16th order date have a tracking number, but they were never backordered. So no one has moved from backorder to shipping today..... not a good sign :(

bidwalj

macrumors 65816
Feb 16, 2007
Number 4 for me. Do you still get the phone at the cheap price even though ATT has a preorder choking in their system?

I'm going to call and cancel my order on weds if it's not shipped. The upgrade stands since The order hasn't gone passed being processed.

Shaddow825

macrumors 6502
Mar 13, 2006
OK, so as of Noon PST, a few people with the 16th order date have a tracking number, but they were never backordered. So no one has moved from backorder to shipping today..... not a good sign :(

Heh, 6/16, my order date in the regular att system is 6/21. :rolleyes: Who knows what/when will happen to mine. I won't worry until about 7pm on 6/23 as these were supposedly shipping FedEX priority overnight so that is when the cutoff is for next day as long as they are shipping domestically from an ATT warehouse. Also, a lot of people last year got phones on launch day with only getting last minute or no shipping notices.

S1njin

macrumors 6502a
May 3, 2010
NJ

Well, to be fair they never new for SURE if they were never backordered.

I ordered 8AM EST, got my email confirmation at 8:10AM EST - order status didn't light up until sometime after I went to bed. The morning of 6/16 @ 6AM I had the backorder flag. By the time I checked again when I got to work at 8AM the flag was gone. If I hadn't checked first thing in the morning I would have never known I had it at all.

Card was charged, another email sent w/ my new number and that my order was processing, yada yada yada.

But I'm languishing here w/ no update.

nicole0112

macrumors newbie
Sep 18, 2008

If it makes you feel better (and it won't). My order never said backordered and I don't have any shipping information either.

Centient

macrumors 6502
Oct 20, 2009

FWIW I showed up as back-ordered early Wednesday morning (7 am EST). About an hour later the back-order tag was removed and hasn't been back since to my knowledge.

Ordered through regular website about 5:15 pm EST.

Beez13

macrumors member
Jun 16, 2010
Boca Raton, Fl
I ordered 6/15 4:18pm EST. My order said "in progress" 6/16 and has not changed. I received a confirmation email on 6/16 of my order. Today, I received a CSS email with all the rules of my contract. I'm thinking that if you received CSS email stating that your contract is for 2 years and your upgrade fee has been waived etc. etc. then you should be getting it the 24th?

jamanrr

macrumors member
Jun 10, 2010
I preordered mine from AT&T on 6/15/2010 and it is a 32GB iPhone 4 in black. Got my CSS this AM and then checked the status around noon ish and it had the tracking number on it. I know that AT&T gets a bunch of iPhones and will reserve them as they get orders. They must be shipping them out today. I bet you guys will have updates soon. Hold Tight. Also just put my 32GB 3GS iphone with all kinds of goodies and no reserve for a 3 day auction on eBay. Need to turn and burn that thing fast since my phone will be here on Thursday. Good luck and do not be too impatient.

jpeg42

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 9, 2009
Orygun
If it makes you feel better (and it won't). My order never said backordered and I don't have any shipping information either.

Thanks, at least you have one less hurdle to jump. :D

And to think I had in iPhone in my Apple cart around 4PM PST. But I already ordered through AT&T and thought it would get messy.

gadgetfreaky

macrumors 65816
Oct 28, 2007
Mine is now shipped w/ tracking from fedex altho not showing actual tracking info.

Order time 6/15 around 10am EST. Double order with Apple. ATT regular order--not premier. Ship date 6/21.
Good luck to all.

16 gig black

S1njin

macrumors 6502a
May 3, 2010
NJ
The only rhyme/reason I can think of is this:

A. Order dates of 6/15 (via order status) got priority b/c they went in 'clean'
B. Order dates of 6/16 (via order status) go next, but might be in the initial wave of deliveries
C. Product probably came on pallets of like model. They may be working through their 16GB pallets before moving onto their 32GB pallets. From a shipping/delivery standpoint it doesn't make sense to have pallets inter-mingled w/ differant stock numbers.
D. If 'C' is right, I would imagine we'd see waves of 16GB orders light up, followed by a few 32s intermixed, followed by mostly 32s.

So maybe there are loads of 32GB w/ 6/16 order dates that still have to be scanned in.

I hope anyway.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.