Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

calvin797

macrumors member
Sep 14, 2012
As always, AT&T screwed up again. Worked in the morning but doesn't work anymore. AT&T just giving false hope to people. Have iPhone 5 with unlimited data plan.

RevTEG

macrumors 65816
Oct 28, 2012
San Jose, Ca
Mine has stopped working. Grandfathered unlimited iPhone 5. FaceTime over cell was working last night. No longer working this evening on iPhone 5 or iPad 3.

nwsound

macrumors newbie
Nov 21, 2012
Not working in Seattle ...

iPhone 5 / grandfathered unlimited plan ... Since seeing original post yesterday have tried to get this to work ... No luck

koban4max

macrumors 68000
Aug 23, 2011
I don't know what you all complaining about, especially those who have unlimited. As much as I hate ATT, you guys better stop complaining and be thankful that you unlimited people are getting something.

propita

macrumors newbie
May 25, 2011
No go here

I have 4s unlimited (and I usually use less than 200MB/month anyway). No FaceTime over cellular. AT&T said that unlimited willnot get it.

Hubby has 4s tiered. No FaceTime over cellular. AT&T said they are rolling it out over the next 10 weeks. Fresno has crap coverage for all phones anyway, so I'm sure we'll be at the end of the list.

We've never used FaceTime anyway, so not a big loss. But it'd be nice to have the option.

Nikhil72

macrumors 65816
Oct 21, 2005
I take back what I said praising AT&T earlier. Mine switched back to off on my unlimited data iPhone 5. Sigh.

Max Book

macrumors member
Mar 20, 2008
So I called into tech support and the rep said some plans are already working with the FaceTime over cellular, while the other plans still need to be configured in their systems, which is the 8-10 week timeframe that was announced. I asked him if he could check whether my plan was already configured or not. After a hold, he came back on the line and said that my 5GB + tethering plan has not yet been configured. The expected time frame was after the new year. :(

trvsglr

macrumors member
Sep 20, 2009
I live in Lewisburg PA, I have an iPhone 5 with 5gb data plan on AT&T. I did a hard reset and then switched facetime over cellular to the on position and it did activate it, but then as i tried to facetime i got the pop up saying to call AT&T or visit their website to activate it.

Peter K.

macrumors 6502a
Nov 6, 2012
Philly / SoCal / Jersey Shore
Unlimited Data on EDGE / early 3G = what?

Like rewarded for loyalty?

Take a hike troll.

+1

Do you have any idea for how many years some of us have been paying for our unlimited data when the limits of technology and patience made it essentially impossible for us to actually use our "unlimited" data.

P.S. - Los Angeles iPhone 5 w/Grandfathered UD; hasn't worked yet, despite numerous on-off cycles and resets

Last edited:

BDoggPrelude

macrumors regular
Jul 19, 2009
Colorado
Yup. It was working last night and this morning on both of our 5's. Just checked tonight and it won't switch back on. The iPhone 5 is my 3rd iPhone, (had a 3GS and then a 4), and it will probably be my first iPhone to be jail broken.

iP5 with unlimited data here.

RemE

macrumors regular
Mar 19, 2012
No go in Newport Beach, CA hard reset, nada.
iPhone 5, Unlimited.

leletyM3

macrumors newbie
Oct 15, 2010
It was working this morning for me on my iP5 Unlimited plan but then now it is not working anymore located here in the Bay Area

denaliOnDubs

macrumors regular
Aug 12, 2011
CO
I tried mine earlier today and just now. It never worked for me... (iPhone 5/at&t/grandfathered unlimited)

SamGabbay

macrumors 6502a
Oct 15, 2011
The next time this happens can we agree to not publicize it and let AT&T see that they freaked up.

Blorzoga

macrumors 68030
May 21, 2010
It's pretty clear that this was a mistake by AT&T and all the publicity that was drummed up by forums probably caused them to reverse the mistake. Thanks MacRumors. Next time, lets just be thankful for a gift without announcing it to the world.

Last edited by a moderator:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.