AT&T Stores: Around 100 iPhones each.

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by saxamoophone, Jul 8, 2008.

1. saxamoophone macrumors regular

Just called a at&t store I'll be going to friday.

They said all at&t stores will be getting around 100 3G iphones each, and cases and everything else you might need will also be in stock and ready to go. Of course the bigger stores will get a bit more, and the smaller stores a bit less, but she seemed to think 100 was about the average.

And (as we already know) all at&t stores (that are selling the iPhone) will be open at 8am.

I have a feeling the majority of people camping out will go to an apple store, so I think anyone should be able to walk right into a at&t store no problem. I remember during the first launch, my local at&t store had maybe 3 people in line.

2. ViViDboarder macrumors 68040

ViViDboarder

We knew about the 8am.

It'd be nice if they do have 100 each though!!! Any AT&T store that only had a 3 person line last time is a pretty damn good bet. Any chance you're in the DC area :D

3. extraextra macrumors 68000

extraextra

How is 100 divided up between 8GB and 16GB white/black? That's what I'm more curious about, but 100 sounds like a good enough number that I will be able to go in the afternoon when I get off work.

4. Xiph0s macrumors regular

Sweetness.

5. Kadman macrumors 65816

Kadman

Since the majority wanted 16GB Black, they'll probably have 5 of those, 3 of the 16GB White, and 92 of the 8GB. Isn't that how these things usually work? :D

6. BrightestBear macrumors member

That's great for people with an Apple store in their area. Those of us with only an AT&T store have to cross our fingers that it won't be overwhelmed.

7. HyQuality macrumors regular

are you kidding? 100 iphones will be gone by 9:30am. Think about it... People will be waiting in line before 8am, and many of them will be buying more than 1 (ie. family plans). 100 phones should not last until lunchtime on Friday.

8. ViViDboarder macrumors 68040

ViViDboarder

Did you read that right?

9. Xiph0s macrumors regular

Relax, its not a revolutionary product like the first. With a lot of people already owning one plus the expensive plans, it should cut down demand. Trust me -- a lot of people are just talking big.

10. know-it-all5 macrumors 6502

I'd bet 50 8gb blacks, 35 16gb blacks, and 15 16gb whites.

We all know demand for whites will be far less than the black 16gig.

11. BrightestBear macrumors member

Yeah, I'm pretty sure I did. Nobody in my area will be camping out at an Apple store since we don't have one nearby. This means everybody will be camping out at the AT&T store.

I was just envious at those who can cross their fingers that the local Apple store will see all the traffic, leaving those 100 AT&T store phones ready to be claimed.

12. slippery-pete macrumors 65816

slippery-pete

100 phones will probably make it through the weekend...at least where I live

13. marksman macrumors 603

marksman

It seems to me that Apple is only going to sell to a limited group of people and thus most people will end up getting phones from AT&T.

Right now as my best guess and from what I have gathered Apple Stores will ONLY be selling to NEW customers who buy the Family Talk Plan and 2 iPhones.

Weird right?

Anything else and you will need to go to AT&T.

Although I don't mind people lining up at the Apple Store while I wait at AT&T just so they can stand in line and then find out they need to go to an AT&T store, and end up in line behind me.

14. animenick65 macrumors 6502

Check your email all. Got one from apple just now.

15. ViViDboarder macrumors 68040

ViViDboarder

Most exciting email ever!

16. know-it-all5 macrumors 6502

You are on a site with a bunch of insane apple fans, including myself. We all will probably be sitting in line for a new iphone come this friday, but the general public will not. This does not have the buzz of the first one, and while over time it will probably sell better, will still be easy to acquire on the 11th.

17. lokiju macrumors 6502

I plan on going around 10am.

Hopefully they'll have enough.

Also I'm hoping I can get two, one for me and one for my wife even though she won't be there.

I'm going to go tonight and get the credit check out of the way and get everything I can set up and will ask then if I can get two since it'll be for a family plan.

I'll have my brother in-law with me though so hopefully he'll work as a 2nd person if needed.

18. WPB2 macrumors 6502a

WPB2

I called my local ATT store last week and asked a bunch of questions. 1) how long were the lines last year "128 people". 2) how many iphones did yall get "130 iphones". That is the biggest ATT store on the Westbank of New Orleans. so I think 100 iphones give or take is a fair estimate.

19. grego33 Guest

I've called multiple of my local AT&T stores. All of them say they won't know how many they will receive until they get them.

20. know-it-all5 macrumors 6502

You are on a site with a bunch of insane apple fans, including myself. We all will probably be sitting in line for a new iphone come this friday, but the general public will not. This does not have the buzz of the first one, and while over time it will probably sell better, will still be easy to acquire on the 11th.

21. extraextra macrumors 68000

extraextra

There are maybe 15 AT&T stores in my city, with around 6 or 7 Apple Stores nearby. There should be no rush on Friday, my city is not one to get super hyped up. There might be lines in Los Angeles, but not my neighboring city. :p

22. Jeremy1026 macrumors 68020

Jeremy1026

Post it please -- I havn't gotten it :(

23. tritonj macrumors 6502a

there wasn't even a rush last year, you could easily get an iPhone, there will be cases where 1 or 2 stores in a region sell out but there are so many stores that i don't see that being a big problem, especially since stock will be refreshing almost daily

24. animenick65 macrumors 6502

Here ya go.

Attached Files:

25. thor79 macrumors 6502

thor79

Exactly.

There is no talk about shortage in the supply chain...analysts have been quoted as saying there will be plenty to go around.

They are in the business to make money, and the only way to do that is if you have product to sell. You can be sure that they will do their best to have plenty on hand to meet demand (which they can guestimate at based on this past year's sales figures).