AT&T Trade In Program

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by ckurt25, Oct 7, 2014.

1. ckurt25 macrumors 6502a

ckurt25

For those of you that took advantage of AT&Ts Trade In Program when they purchased a new phone, have you received your promo card / credit or any kind of update?

We traded in my wife's iPhone 4S when we got her an iPhone 6 and it was mailed to AT&T on 9/22. Tracking it from AT&T's end, it shows Device Not Received. I used the mailing label they provided, which unfortunately didn't include any kind of tracking as it was First Class Mail. I contacted AT&T a week ago and they weren't able to provide much info and suggested I check back in a few days. I just sent a follow up email this morning.

Has anyone gotten any further than Device Not Received?

2. MrRedHat macrumors member

I haven’t even gotten my iPhone 6+ yet. Did they send you an e-mail where you could send your phone or was it included in the packaging? I haven’t received anything from AT&T regarding the trade-in if you buy an iPhone 6.

I’m going to be mad if I don’t get the $200 credit for my iPhone 4 because I had to wait a month for my iPhone 6.

3. ckurt25 thread starter macrumors 6502a

ckurt25

Yes, I received an email with the shipping label on 9/21. I "registered" for the program prior to the 19th (phone was delivered from AT&T on the 19th).

It was my understanding that if you ordered your phone prior to 9/30 you'd be eligible for the trade in offer. I'm not sure if that also means you needed to apply for the trade in / register for it by then too.

4. MrRedHat macrumors member

What did you do to register for it? I was under the understanding they would send an e-mail when the phone shipped and you would get a packing label with it.

5. ckurt25 thread starter macrumors 6502a

ckurt25

There is a form to fill out and give them all the device info -

https://tradein-program.att.com/home.php5?c=en-us

----------

Also, when you ordered your phone you should have received an email with a promo code so you can get the right offer, $200 for an iPhone 4S in my case and not the $75 regular trade in value.

6. MrRedHat macrumors member

I never got an e-mail with the promo code, but then again my phone hasn’t shipped either. At the time, I thought they said they would send an e-mail with the promo code when the phone shipped.

Maybe you got your info because your phone shipped on 9/22. They may have not sent me any info because my phone hasn’t shipped yet. I’m waiting for the 128GB SG iPhone 6+.

I guess I’ll have to wait and see what happens. I don’t have much of a choice, I still need to use the iPhone 4 until the 6 comes.

Either way they haven’t done much of anything for either of us.

7. ckurt25 thread starter macrumors 6502a

ckurt25

Yeah, looking at the timing of events it looks like I got the email with the promo code after the phone shipped.

9/12 Order placed
    9/17 Shipment notification email
    9/18 Promo code email received
    9/19 Phone delivered
    9/21 Trade in email received with shipping label
    9/22 Trade in phone shipped to AT&T

10/7 Waiting ;)

8. mcorleone macrumors regular

mcorleone

I was under the impression that we could just trade in our old phones (iPhone4S) in my case at the AT&T store once the new one comes in (maybe in the next millennium....). At least that's what the guy at the AT&T store told me.

9. ckurt25 thread starter macrumors 6502a

ckurt25

I thought so originally but when the email came from AT&T the only mention of a store was within the fine print in 1 section about value.

"The condition, specifications, and other representations you have provided regarding your device are accurate. In the event the representations you made regarding your device are determined to be inaccurate, you acknowledge that the trade-in credit initially offered may be significantly reduced. Upon receipt, AT&T, its agents, vendors, and suppliers will make the final determination of your device trade-in value subject to a unilateral adjustment in the value of the actual device received. If you are unsure of the condition of the device and want a final determination of the value before surrendering it, you can take it to a participating AT&T retail store where a final determination can be made before you surrender the device. You will be notified via email of any discrepancy in the device condition, specification, or other representations made by the customer, however all trades are final once the device is sent to AT&T for trade-in processing."

Wait, also found this -
    "The Trade-In program at AT&T owned and operated retail locations, including online at att.com, provides an AT&T Promotion Card that is valid for a minimum of 90 days from the date of issuance and will expire upon the date shown on the card."

So maybe...?

10. Rickvb28 macrumors newbie

Yes, it is possible to trade-in in store. I traded in my iPhone 4 at the AT&T store and received the $200 gift card on the spot.

11. spacemnspiff macrumors 6502a

spacemnspiff

I am planning to trade two iPhone 5 after I receive the iPhone6. I have the print out of the page saying that if I ordered by Sep30th then I would be eligible for the trade in value.

But the thing is new iPhones are not supposed to arrive until late Oct - early Nov.

12. pdxmatts macrumors 65816

pdxmatts

After I received my apple.com i6 order on 10/4, I brought my 4S into the store and they gave me a $200 promotion card on the spot and I applied it to my bill. As long as you ordered before 9/30, you are eligible for the promotion offer no matter when you received the phone

13. spacemnspiff macrumors 6502a

spacemnspiff

14. ckurt25 thread starter macrumors 6502a

ckurt25

Wish I would have know about the in store thing. Would have been nice to not worry about it.

Anyone who has mailed it in get anywhere?

15. gooberq macrumors member

does any one know when the trade in program expires ? i have to fix my power button and trade in

16. ckurt25 thread starter macrumors 6502a

ckurt25

I believe you have 30 days from receipt of the new phone.

17. fairway551 macrumors newbie

Ckurt - I did EXACTLY the same thing you did. I used the prepaid label and sent my old phone in on Sept. 22. The website still shows DEVICE NOT RECEIVED. Two things - the website is rather poor. The email address in the contact section doesn't work! Also, I'll bet the company handling this program received hundreds of thousands of phones. Probably will take time to get our cards.

Please update this forum with any news from your end.

18. dsciel macrumors regular

I just mailed my device yesterday. Post office lady said I cannot add tracking number to that label... so now on the waiting period and praying that it will get to its destination

19. fairway551 macrumors newbie

Yes - I got the same story at the post office when I mailed mine.

20. fairway551 macrumors newbie

Just saw DEVICE RECEIVED on the Trade-In Status website!!!!!!!!!

21. mikey12806 macrumors member

I'm in the same boat! Mailed on 9/23...still says device not received. Glad Im not the only one...

22. ckurt25 thread starter macrumors 6502a

ckurt25

23. mikey12806 macrumors member

24. sjs314 macrumors member

I received the trade in email after my phone shipped but opted to take my iphone 4 into my local AT&T store and rec'd my $200 GC which I used to purchase a case and apply the balance to my bill.

I did this on 9/30 as I recieved my phone on 9/29 and the clerk did mention to me it was the last day to do instore trade in. So glad I was able to do my trade in this was rather than the mail in way.

Seems crazy you can not track the package, can you insure it ? after all $200 value is a lot to loose if it should go missing.

25. Reverend Ozz macrumors newbie

I'm in the same boat as you. "Device not received".