Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Mochellee

macrumors newbie
Dec 26, 2016

Atari has released RollerCoaster Tycoon Classic on iPhone and iPad, combining the best features of the popular PC and Xbox titles RollerCoaster Tycoon (1999) and RollerCoaster Tycoon 2 (2002) to create "a new RCT experience" for long-time fans.

Screen-Shot-1-1-800x493.jpg

The game includes hundreds of pre-made designs and classic building tools for bespoke coaster construction, a fully featured park designer and park management tools, 95 classic park scenarios from the two games, and the original graphics, park music and sound effects.

RollerCoaster Tycoon Classic costs $5.99 and is available on the App Store for iPad and iPhone, with the expansion packs Wacky Worlds, Time Twister and Toolkit available as in-app purchases. [Direct Link]

Article Link: Atari Releases 'RollerCoaster Tycoon Classic' for iOS
Okay for anyone playing this game. I cannot get it to let me change my park admission from free to anything else. Did anyone have this issue?!

formerpc

macrumors 6502
Apr 15, 2009
Okay for anyone playing this game. I cannot get it to let me change my park admission from free to anything else. Did anyone have this issue?!
Issue? I've figured they just had that locked to add to the challenge. There certainly were scenarios back in the day that did that.

pacorob

macrumors 68020
Apr 8, 2010
the Netherlands
I am desperate!!

I love this game- the app worked very well for the first few hours, but just as I was about to reach the goal for my first map, the app crashed.
I can't re-open it, I tried to delete and re-download the app, and updated my iOS. Nothing has worked.

Had anyone else had this issue? I can't open the app at all!

Just purchased it, played it for 20 minutes and the game crashed. Tried to reopen it and now it just immediately closes. Can't play it anymore....

The App Store is full of reviews (e.g. Belgium, Ireland but also the Netherlands) in various countries that this crash is there after playing the game for quite a while and that you can't open the app anymore. They definitely should fix this first before I decide to buy this one. Till then I will stick with RCT3 instead.

2ilent8cho

macrumors 6502
Mar 9, 2016

I think it was RCT2 that made each Scenario either Pay to enter or Pay for the ride, not a mix of both like in RCT1. This seems to be RCT2 with some maps from RCT1 & 2.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.