Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Bakakage

macrumors 6502
Jun 18, 2009
I don't like the sharper edges on the atomic. It makes it look like a poor knockoff of the vapor, but others may appreciate the more symmetrical design.

nolesfan

macrumors regular
Apr 1, 2010
You will love it. I plan on getting that one myself also. I am telling you, they look and perform better than the vapor. I posted my results, it's a proven fact, you can't dispute the pics!
I also like the all brushed look - ordered one up tonight - will post when I get it...

yezzimbakk

macrumors newbie
Aug 13, 2010
Not bad its pretty nice, i think id opt for the alumacase tho since i dig the symetrical look better. WHat kind of lining is there inside if anything at all?

archrider

macrumors 6502a
Feb 10, 2008
nolesfan:
Are you saying there are Invisibleshield pieces between the case an the phone? Certainly that would effect the reception and would tend to improve it. It kind of negates the validity of your tests.

nolesfan

macrumors regular
Apr 1, 2010
There is some a few pieces of invisibleshield left on my phone but most is gone. Why would that negate my test? Haven't people been using things between the element and their phones? Whats the difference. The Atomic case works period. The Vapor really doesn't no matter what you line the case with, i have proved it with the Atomic case and I have owned a Vapor and did everything in the world to make that case work and it never did. So you can be the judge.
nolesfan Are you saying there are Invisibleshield pieces between the case an the phone? Certainly that would effect the reception and would tend to improve it. It kind of negates the validity of your tests.

Here are my two latest reading I just took today. My phone gets better reception with the Atomic than with a Apple Bumper!! People should be snatching these things up. They have awesome colors and they ship the next day and the numbers I posted don't lie. I can't fake those. I took over 20 pictures of how this case DOES NOT interfere with your signal, wifi or gps. And honestly, I have absolutely no stake in this company. I just tested a few things for them, but they make a great product and if people really want an aluminum case, I would HIGHLY recommend this one. Like I said, numbers don't lie. In case some of you don't understand db readings, -51 is perfect and the larger the number, the worse the signal. I want 1 person with a Vapor that has a db reading as low as my -57 to post a picture and prove it to me because I don't think that it exist.

Attachments

• 100_1117.JPG
    100_1117.JPG
    592.6 KB · Views: 79
  • 100_1120.JPG
    100_1120.JPG
    629.2 KB · Views: 63
  • 100_1122.JPG
    100_1122.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 84

swoods93631

macrumors regular
Jun 9, 2010
And honestly, I have absolutely no stake in this company. I just tested a few things for them, but they make a great product and if people really want an aluminum case,

For some reason I just read "I have no stake but I am on the take"! oh, I see that was between the lines... lol whatever

nolesfan

macrumors regular
Apr 1, 2010
Yea the zag is gone but the case is still insulated with something. Not going to say what because atomic has spent months on these cases. And the only reason they are lined is so the case will not touch the antenna and it helps in a few other ways also. The atomic case is alot slimmer and less bulky then the vapor so the tolerances are that much closer.
So did u take off all the zagg pieces yet? At least the one around the antenna ?

What are you trying to imply? I have a Master's degree in computer science and my father is a engineer. We are simply just helping atomic out. The owner who I deal with is in Florida, I live in Kansas! And No, I am not collecting one dime off of any sales of this product, PERIOD. The only thing I got was knowledge and a few cases. That is it and that it the 100% truth. There are no lines to read between. People all over have been wanting an aluminum case for their phone 4 and Vapor failed, so when Atomic needed some help, I volunteered because you all wanted an aluminum case that actually works so my father and I went to work along with atomic and we got people what they wanted. A awesome looking case that performs as good as it looks. Its as simple as that.
For some reason I just read "I have no stake but I am on the take"! oh, I see that was between the lines... lol whatever

swoods93631

macrumors regular
Jun 9, 2010
What are you trying to imply? I have a Master's degree in computer science and my father is a engineer. We are simply just helping atomic out. The owner who I deal with is in Florida, I live in Kansas! And No, I am not collecting one dime off of any sales of this product, PERIOD. The only thing I got was knowledge and a few cases. That is it and that it the 100% truth. There are no lines to read between. People all over have been wanting an aluminum case for their phone 4 and Vapor failed, so when Atomic needed some help, I volunteered because you all wanted an aluminum case that actually works so my father and I went to work along with atomic and we got people what they wanted. A awesome looking case that performs as good as it looks. Its as simple as that.

I am implying just that, you do have an interest in this case being successful (for pride if nothing else). Your review is not impartial, it is biased. You have been running around this board all day going on and on about how we should all buy one cause it is the best ever. All the while you do have a part in it monetary or not. anyone with no ties to this company have one yet to review?

archrider

macrumors 6502a
Feb 10, 2008

Well you did get two free cases. That's worth a couple of hundred dollars. That would make me prejudiced in their favor.

nolesfan

macrumors regular
Apr 1, 2010
I have not said anything about it being the best. It performs the best, which I have proven, look at the pics. I don't care if you buy one or not. If you want a aluminum case that works then but the Atomic, if not then buy the Vapor. Its as simple that. To me its already successful, it works just like its supposed to which it did not when i first got it. So my part is done, I achieved what i set out to do. From here on out, it has nothing to do with me. People asked about the case, I gave my review with pictures to back it up my facts. What else do you want? A video? And no my review is 100 percent fact driven, I have provided all the facts, learn to read and read what I wrote in my review and then look at the pictures and there you go. But now you will probably come back and say I photoshopped them or something like that. Get over it man, the case works, I proved it. Done deal. Now quit doubting me before you piss me off. I have given all the proof that can possibly be given. So go troll in another thread.
I am implying just that, you do have an interest in this case being successful (for pride if nothing else). Your review is not impartial, it is biased. You have been running around this board all day going on and on about how we should all buy one cause it is the best ever. All the while you do have a part in it monetary or not. anyone with no ties to this company have one yet to review?

Why would that make me prejudiced in their favor? The cases went back to them! I get to keep one for myself. Big deal, i get a 60 dollar case for I can't even count how many hours of work. I'd say I earned that case.
Well you did get two free cases. That's worth a couple of hundred dollars. That would make me prejudiced in their favor.

ics55

macrumors regular
May 18, 2010
Just curious. Has anyone exchanged email or talked to anyone at Atomic?? I sent and email to the sales address, and also filled out the question form, and have received no reply in 2 days. There is no phone contact info. Starting to remind me of element.....

maverick86

macrumors 6502a
Jul 13, 2010
MA
Here are my two latest reading I just took today. My phone gets better reception with the Atomic than with a Apple Bumper!! People should be snatching these things up. They have awesome colors and they ship the next day and the numbers I posted don't lie. I can't fake those. I took over 20 pictures of how this case DOES NOT interfere with your signal, wifi or gps. And honestly, I have absolutely no stake in this company. I just tested a few things for them, but they make a great product and if people really want an aluminum case, I would HIGHLY recommend this one. Like I said, numbers don't lie. In case some of you don't understand db readings, -51 is perfect and the larger the number, the worse the signal. I want 1 person with a Vapor that has a db reading as low as my -57 to post a picture and prove it to me because I don't think that it exist.

You do realize that a sample size of 1 is not in any way statistically significant, right? This is not meant to discredit the fact that the case works for you because obviously it does; but for all you know there could be 100-200 people who buy this case and end up having issues with it.

Cynikal.Mindset

macrumors 6502a
Jul 6, 2010
Guelph ON, Canada
Atomic case = looks like crap, false reviews done with a micro cell even. Atomic case has just as good credibility as elementcase.

Bottom line is, if you got strong signal a case isn't gonna mean nothing but if you're in a marginal area it's gonna shut you down quick.

chris975d

macrumors 68000
Sep 21, 2008
Georgia, USA

I agree with what most people are saying here. Nolesfan, you're being a bit over the top with your praising of Atomic. It's a bit obnoxious. Ok, you have great success using their case. Congratulations. But your going on and on is making you appear to be a shill of the company, and almost casting a negative light on Atomic itself. You're in two or three threads now gloating about this case. This is just like any other case. Some people will like it, others will hate it. Some will have success with it, others won't. Just like the Vapor. Many people in the Vapor thread have had success with the case. Hell, my Vapor's performance did a complete 180 when I lined the inside with an insulator. I even documented in that thread how it went from horrible data speeds (with no extra insulator installed), to performing as well as a naked iPhone with the extra insulator between it and the phone. I think most people's problems with Element are on the customer service side, or lack thereof. Let people find out for themselves if the Atomic case is good or not. You going on and on and darn near insulting other people and other case designers (like in the Alumacase thread) is having the reverse effect you are looking for...it's making people think you're a plant by Atomic, and makes people less likely to trust your review. And using something other than a microcell to test with would help things out a lot more. Hell, I could go stand 100 yards away from a cell phone tower with my phone surrounded in lead and probably get a signal.

nolesfan

macrumors regular
Apr 1, 2010
What does using a microcell have to do with anything? That's the only way I can get a signal on my farm, it's no different than having a cell tower a mile away and getting 5 bars. It has no affect on losing db's! If you lose them with a mircocell or a tower it's the same. All a microcell is is a little tower for your home but that doesn't mean you get 100 percent signal all the time. I just stated I lost less than 10 db's with the case, the real world affect is exactly the same but you obviously don't understand how signals work. So u guys buy what you want to buy, I was just trying to help out people in the market for a good case. Keep using your element and I will use my atomic. I'm only praising a company who put lots of effort into their case and it actually works. And they actually stand behind it and not just sell you a junk case and never answer your emails or phone calls again, I would give my money to a stand up company like that too! I have two cases and they react exactly the same, that's no coincidence .
I agree with what most people are saying here. Nolesfan, you're being a bit over the top with your praising of Atomic. It's a bit obnoxious. Ok, you have great success using their case. Congratulations. But your going on and on is making you appear to be a shill of the company, and almost casting a negative light on Atomic itself. You're in two or three threads now gloating about this case. This is just like any other case. Some people will like it, others will hate it. Some will have success with it, others won't. Just like the Vapor. Many people in the Vapor thread have had success with the case. Hell, my Vapor's performance did a complete 180 when I lined the inside with an insulator. I even documented in that thread how it went from horrible data speeds (with no extra insulator installed), to performing as well as a naked iPhone with the extra insulator between it and the phone. I think most people's problems with Element are on the customer service side, or lack thereof. Let people find out for themselves if the Atomic case is good or not. You going on and on and darn near insulting other people and other case designers (like in the Alumacase thread) is having the reverse effect you are looking for...it's making people think you're a plant by Atomic, and makes people less likely to trust your review. And using something other than a microcell to test with would help things out a lot more. Hell, I could go stand 100 yards away from a cell phone tower with my phone surrounded in lead and probably get a signal.

chris975d

macrumors 68000
Sep 21, 2008
Georgia, USA
What does using a microcell have to do with anything? That's the only way I can get a signal on my farm, it's no different than having a cell tower a mile away and getting 5 bars. It has no affect on losing db's! If you lose them with a mircocell or a tower it's the same. All a microcell is is a little tower for your home but that doesn't mean you get 100 percent signal all the time. I just stated I lost less than 10 db's with the case, the real world affect is exactly the same but you obviously don't understand how signals work. So u guys buy what you want to buy, I was just trying to help out people in the market for a good case. Keep using your element and I will use my atomic. I'm only praising a company who put lots of effort into their case and it actually works. And they actually stand behind it and not just sell you a junk case and never answer your emails or phone calls again, I would give my money to a stand up company like that too! I have two cases and they react exactly the same, that's no coincidence .

Of course your two cases would react exactly the same...your testing them out in the same location, which is in close proximity to the microcell. And you do realize how much of a signal degradation losing 10dB is, right? Every loss or gain of 3dB cuts the original signal strength by half. So losing 10dB means that only .1 of the original signal remains. Still a big loss. This was all discussed in the Element Vapor thread.

nolesfan

macrumors regular
Apr 1, 2010
Yes I completely understand how db's work and I was 6 db's from having a perfect signal, I only lost 2 when i added the case. With this case i am losing the exact same signal as I was losing with my rubber apple bumper. So what are u getting at?
Of course your two cases would react exactly the same...your testing them out in the same location, which is in close proximity to the microcell. And you do realize how much of a signal degradation losing 10dB is, right? Every loss or gain of 3dB cuts the original signal strength by half. So losing 10dB means that only .1 of the original signal remains. Still a big loss. This was all discussed in the Element Vapor thread.

chris975d

macrumors 68000
Sep 21, 2008
Georgia, USA
Yes you met my sarcastic side I think it's allot harder to review something honestly when it is giving to you. then when you buy it yourself. But any way glad you feel it's a nice case.

Exactly my (and I think a few other posters) point. Just the fact that they were given to you would tend to make you biased, even if just slightly. I know it would me. I'd be far less likely to give a totally negative review to a company that gave me $150 worth of cases than I would be if I had shelled out the cash for them myself. That's why, at least to me, a review from someone who has actually paid for the cases will help me decide if they are worth the money. Not knocking your review, but just by the mere fact that you were given the cases also means that you have a level of communication with the company that the average paying customer might not get...they also have an interest in making sure your needs are met, since you have been given review samples to...well...review and post on here about. In my communication with Atomic (specifically, the employee that goes by "Unni" there), I was told that there was someone on MacRumors that was trying out their cases, and to look for their posts (a day or so before you posted about the case). So I was curious to see which poster on here it was, and it seems like it was you.

nolesfan

macrumors regular
Apr 1, 2010
I have done testing with apple products also, and I'm very honest with my reviews. If it sucked, believe me I would tell you. It's my job!!
Yes you met my sarcastic side I think it's allot harder to review something honestly when it is giving to you. then when you buy it yourself. But any way glad you feel it's a nice case.

I still don't get your point. I gave a honest review, backed them with facts, what else can any reviewer do?
Exactly my (and I think a few other posters) point. Just the fact that they were given to you would tend to make you biased, even if just slightly. I know it would me. I'd be far less likely to give a totally negative review to a company that gave me $150 worth of cases than I would be if I had shelled out the cash for them myself. That's why, at least to me, a review from someone who has actually paid for the cases will help me decide if they are worth the money. Not knocking your review, but just by the mere fact that you were given the cases also means that you have a level of communication with the company that the average paying customer might not get...they also have an interest in making sure your needs are met, since you have been given review samples to...well...review and post on here about. In my communication with Atomic (specifically, the employee that goes by "Unni" there), I was told that there was someone on MacRumors that was trying out their cases, and to look for their posts (a day or so before you posted about the case). So I was curious to see which poster on here it was, and it seems like it was you.

chris975d

macrumors 68000
Sep 21, 2008
Georgia, USA
I still don't get your point. I gave a honest review, backed them with facts, what else can any reviewer do?

Calm down a bit about it. You even partially attacked the owner/designer in the Alumacase thread just because he couldn't post pics/signal results as fast as you wanted them. Your over-zealousness could come across a bit strong, and appear that it has a motive behind it. Especially when I've already been told by the company (Atomic) to look for your posts on here about their case. Obviously they knew that they would be favorable, or they wouldn't tell me to look for them (again, they told me that before you posted your review). Let's wait until they get into the hands of the people paying for them before we tout them as a the best case ever. If we took Element Case's word for how their cases are, we would be declaring them the finest cases ever. But from many customer's real world experience, we know that's not the case.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.