Attachment Display Issue With Forum Update

Huntn

macrumors demi-god
Original poster
May 5, 2008
The Misty Mountains
I’ve noticed an issue when you reply to a post with an attachment, that the space where your reply text would appear, is or can be out of frame. If you just start typing, the attachment will scroll up and out if the way to reveal what you are typing.

Is this a bug or a forum setting issue? The previous version of the forum software did not do this (be out of frame). Here is an example:

Weaselboy

Staff member
Jan 23, 2005
California
Screen Shot 2019-09-21 at 8.39.16 AM.png

I clicked to reply to that steak post and the cursor seems to be where it should be. Am I missing what you are asking?

Huntn

macrumors demi-god
Original poster
May 5, 2008
The Misty Mountains
View attachment 861631

I clicked to reply to that steak post and the cursor seems to be where it should be. Am I missing what you are asking?
When I clicked on that post to reply to it, the picture of the steak extends down beyond the frame of the reply. I physically had to scroll the page down to see the text reply area. Or when I start typing, it will auto jump down to where you can see what you are typing. I've tried this on both my MBP and my iPad, same characteristics. As I recall, under the old software, when you hit reply, as in this kind of example, the window would scroll down immediately to where you reply would appear. You would not have to start typing a reply to get it to adjust.

Weaselboy

Staff member
Jan 23, 2005
California
Hmm... I'm not seeing that. When I clicked reply it puts my cursor right where you would expect just below the quote. Paging @arn