Attachment Limit of 5 Should Be Eliminated For Forum Posts

Discussion in 'Mac Guides' started by Huntn, Aug 13, 2014.

1. Huntn macrumors G5

Huntn

Now that the decision has been made to go with Wiki/forum posts as Guides, , (unless I'm not understanding the Attachment Management Page), the 5 attachment limit should be eliminated. Some Guides have way more than 5 images. I started a Guide in the Game Forum as a regular post so I can retain editorial control and I would hope this limit is lifted for all posts because a 5 Attachment limit won't work for many Guides. It is advantageous that images for Guides be hosted by MRs. Thanks.

2. arn macrumors god

arn

Staff Member

I'm fine with increasing the 5 limit attachment number...

but attachments many not be the best way to handle Wiki images. The problem is attachments are not under version control. So a bad-player could delete attachments and we would have no way of getting them back.

For that reason, I think using an external image provider is probably best for Wikis.

Like imgur.com

arn

3. Huntn thread starter macrumors G5

Huntn

I was thinking that the holding images for guides on the MacRumors site would be more stable... 5 attachements definitely won't work for some guides. Thanks!

4. Mr. Retrofire macrumors 601

Mr. Retrofire

You can use services like photobucket.com. Make sure the service stores the pictures over many years.

5. Huntn thread starter macrumors G5

Huntn

I have photobucket, but IMO it would be better to have images hosted along with a guide at MRs. Thanks! :)