Australia and the iPod touch (and other aussie things)

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by iCantwait, Oct 23, 2007.

1. iCantwait macrumors 65816

iCantwait

well of you go, post away.

Restart of the famous ''Australia and the iPod touch'' thread by :apple:Matt. because it was killed by the mods

2. Spook E macrumors newbie

Why was it deleted?

Anyway, has anyone one got the mail.app working with bigpond? Is it possible?

3. AppleMatt389 macrumors regular

Firstly, I just wanna warn you guys, let's try keep activity in this thread to a minimum because apparently we were annoying other members with constant chatter. Another thing, let's make sure we post on-topic information.

Also, thanks Edward (I think I'm right with the name) for the recognition and for starting something similar again. Can't believe they "wastelanded" my thread. I also copped a 3 day ban for posting off-topic in it. Anyone else here get that? Lucky you named the thread "other Aussie stuff" otherwise we'd be completely restricted to just iPod talk and the be banned again.

Having said all that, how many iPod touches have you guys seen in the wild? So far I've only seen one other person with one. It feels like when iPods first started getting big and only a select few had them, and now everyone does. I feel the same will happen with the touch. Soon everyone will have a variation of the touch iPod concept (assuming Apple releases more touch models).

Lastly, Rudd's a moron :)

:apple:Matt

4. AppleMatt389 macrumors regular

I'm sure you can get it working. When setting up a new mail account just choose "POP" and then input all the relevant addresses. Like, pop.bigpond.com and smtp.bigpond.com. It should take the same settings as your mail application on your computer. If not, give BigPond a call. Cause theres never a long wait to get through :rolleyes:.

5. Dublo7 macrumors regular

I haven't seen any Touches in Perth wild yet. I seem to have the only one ;)

Last week, JB Hifi Hay Street had about 15 16GB Touches, and this week they were all gone.

6. iCantwait thread starter macrumors 65816

iCantwait

i have seen 2 other ipods @ school nlivo's and someone i talked into buying one, i hacked it for him!!

nlivo and i also copped a 3 day ban

7. nlivo macrumors 6502a

I got banned aswell. This is my first post since I was banned. And yeah I love my iPod touch. I am thinking about starting a thread about this.....whenever I send an email from my touch in the mail app it sends but I also receive the same email from myself. Its like every emal I send I am an added receipient. Anyone else have this problem?

8. AppleMatt389 macrumors regular

Yeah, I thought I was the only one that this happened to (in reference to the mail problem). I even tried turning of the "always bcc an email to myself" but it's already off. I think it may be a glitch on the system.

9. iCantwait thread starter macrumors 65816

iCantwait

same problem here with mail, cant seem to get NES working, i will scout around for some info to get the roms working or whatever, but u can help me out her if you would like

back to the 10gb ipod posts (yes mods this is allowed (iHope))

got a battery, bigger than original. ipod itself is not too happy, i think it needs a charge and i'm getting all those crazy not happy signs

START RATING THIS THREAD

10. nlivo macrumors 6502a

so there anyone who's mail works properly??? And also "the worm" is extremely biase!!!!!

11. iCantwait thread starter macrumors 65816

iCantwait

i have worked out the problem, the new battery is too thich and when the case is putback onto the ipod it pushes the battery down on to the HDD, making the HDD unable to spin. BUGGER

it works when the back plate it removed

12. garry12 macrumors newbie

im yet to see anyone with an ipod touch
    i also think the worm was really biased, it seems to me that the current affairs shows are taking Rudd's side
    I for one prefer Howard :D

13. iCantwait thread starter macrumors 65816

iCantwait

the worm, lol. my ipt has been taken off me due to going over the download limit, but this time i have my airport card, DO NOT start the downloading thing again.

now onto politics. the worm was in favor of rudd because why would a liberal supporter watch it anywhere other than the ABC? WOOT Costello late 2009/early 2010. he came to our school, i like him, and he is a VICTORIAN:):):):):):):):):):):D

14. AppleMatt389 macrumors regular

Hahah, are you implying that Liberal (ie. right wingers) watch the ABC? It's the other way around.

15. iCantwait thread starter macrumors 65816

iCantwait

well i say that to ppl@school because it makes me sound highbrow, but yeah, i was hoping u guys would fall for it also.

16. garry12 macrumors newbie

17. iCantwait thread starter macrumors 65816

iCantwait

and to get back on topic, i will download the chasers and SuHiHi and watch them on my iPod touch.

I WANT SPICKS AND SPECKS ON PODCAST(back to the big red writing, and the posts that make no sense:D

18. nlivo macrumors 6502a

yay, hamish Blake is on spicks and specks. Probably the funniest comedian Australia has gotten at the moment.

19. garry12 macrumors newbie

agreed, i love watching him and andy.. on my ipod touch..

20. nlivo macrumors 6502a

watching?

21. Genghis Khan macrumors 65816

Genghis Khan

I got banned as well!

although it was probably officially my fault for derailing the topic:rolleyes:

ah well, we're back...leopard is coming, despite my lack of hard drive for time machine until saturday

meanwhile...chaser's are taking up about 4 GB on my touch (anyone else like that song from last week:p)

and i've finally scratched my screen...keys, pins, knives didn't work...but falling asleep on top of it apparently does YOU HAVE ALL BEEN WARNED

good to be back guys:)

22. garry12 macrumors newbie

real stories, rove, ect.

23. nlivo macrumors 6502a

I honestly think it was the funniest thing they have ever done. And ive been a chasers fan since the beginning. Andrew Hanson is pure genius!!!!

24. iCantwait thread starter macrumors 65816

iCantwait

I remember CNNN and the chaser decides back in the day.
    The song last week was funny, i watched it on my iPod touch.

25. jacktiernan macrumors regular

Man, I'm SOOOOO pissed that the original oz forum got wastelanded.

Also mad you guys got a 3day ban... maybe i did too..... i was away for like 5 days so i wouldnt have noticed :p

Also - Genghis - SCRATCHES NOOOOOOOOOOO

Oh yeah... KEVIN '07!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Now, roughly kinda on topic here - what w'less routers do you guys have, and how do they perform? I'm in the market for a new one.....