Automating iTunes tagging (apple music)

Discussion in 'Apple Music, Apple Pay, iCloud, Apple Services' started by camilletom, May 2, 2016.

1. camilletom macrumors member

camilletom

Hello all!

For some years now, I have been (obsessively) refining the tags of my iTunes songs. I mostly erase the usual "(featuring X)" - sometimes added to song names in apple music or the iTunes store - and place it in the Artist field (as in "artist feat. X"). Other examples include: refining genre names (R&B/Soul--> Soul, Hip Hop/Rap --> Hip-Hop), and erasing comments (bonus track, remaster, produced by, hidden track).

Up until now, I have been using a special smart playlist which automatically groups all of the songs that the geek inside of me wants to refine. Attached are screenshots of the playlist's parameters.

I wanted to ask you: is there a way for me to automate this time-consuming process? Perhaps I could use an app (such as automator, with which i have zero experience) that would do the hard work for me? What do you think?

Thank you so much!! :):apple::)

Best,
    Camille

1.png 2.png

2. bnw99 macrumors newbie

try Tag&Rename... i love that application. I think may only be for windows though

3. camilletom thread starter macrumors member

camilletom