Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

itsamacthing

macrumors 6502a
Sep 26, 2011
Bangkok
Didn't Apple used to be an innovator? Stale Stale Stale..

Beautiful job on this tweak, Apple should hire them

----------

I hope not. While this looks like something Apple would genuinely implement, and it does look good. Multitasking in Android is already pretty decent. Being able to swipe apps away is so much easier than pressing a little red X on the app icon. It's innovations like this, that would ultimately bring me back to the iPhone.

Pressing that little red X is pathetic. Turning Airplane mode on and off is pathetic .. etc. Stale Stale Stale

charlituna

macrumors G3
Jun 11, 2008
Los Angeles, CA
Pretty sure this is something that people have wanted more than silly Facebook integration. I really hope this comes in iOS 7, but really wish it could become much sooner.

Perhaps you but I really don't see the value. The icons are rather ugly and the swipe down gesture is just asking for most folks to end up quitting apps they meant to switch to. Which is why Apple didn't use such a thing that I'm sure they thought of along the way. They design for the masses not the geeks after all.

So frankly I say no it shouldn't be in iOS anything. If you are a geek feel free to jailbreak and add it.

charlituna

macrumors G3
Jun 11, 2008
Los Angeles, CA
Great app, excellent ergonomics. The two finger delete is awesome. It would be nice to have a gesture to access multitasking in the future instead of using the home button.

There already is for the iPad. But swiping four fingers of contact is rather difficult on the phone which is why it hasn't been added

charlituna

macrumors G3
Jun 11, 2008
Los Angeles, CA
Apple, why you not do this kind of stuff anymore??

Anymore? They never did this kind of stuff. Which is why it's why a good half the jailbreaks are about

----------

Apple will eventually ditch the home button. That would be Ive's dream. The front would be completely flat thanks to haptic, virtual button. They're trying to take it feel like a physical home button but of course, its not actually a physical home button.

I wouldn't count on that to happen anytime soon. The iPhone has become a fav in the visually impaired market and they need physical interaction for key items. So they will either keep the home button or find a way to assign it to something else. Either move the button to the side or some kind of tap volume up and down at the same time system.

macsmurf

macrumors 65816
Aug 3, 2007
Here's the Android (Samsung S2) equivalent features from Ice cream sandwich which was released about a year ago. I guess the next big thing is already here ;)

The Auxo version looks nicer IMHO and it fits much better into the iOS GUI.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2012-12-23-17-34-19.png
    Screenshot_2012-12-23-17-34-19.png
    60.3 KB · Views: 64
  • Screenshot_2012-12-23-17-33-41.png
    Screenshot_2012-12-23-17-33-41.png
    87.3 KB · Views: 66

scapegoat81

macrumors 6502a
Oct 7, 2012
Philly
Only complaint is the double tap. My iPhone 4's button is basically 50% chance of usability now. Pressing the home button so many times a day for so many years eventually wears it out.

Apparently Apple is already thinking of replacing the home button which makes sense.

http://www.patentlyapple.com/patent...ce-virtual-keyboards-replace-home-button.html

Hopefully we'll see this as well as haptic, virtual home button.

All u need is a little Zephyr in your life....
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oZEypDIqekQ
Been using this for a while now & is easily my fav tweak. Auxo + Zephyr would be a match made in heaven

discuit

macrumors regular
Jan 23, 2009
Is there a JB for 4s on 6.0.1 yet? I tried searching and couldn't find anything. Thanks!

No.

The latest untethered jailbreak for all devices is 5.1.1

There is a tethered jailbreak for 6.0 for iPhone4, original ipad, iPod 4th gen

There is an untethered jailbreak on 6.0 & 6.0.1 for "early bootrom" iPhone 3GS

Snowy_River

macrumors 68030
Jul 17, 2002
Corvallis, OR
...Being able to swipe apps away is so much easier than pressing a little red X on the app icon...

Except that it's too easy. The advantage of the little red X is that you really know that you're quitting the app.

...the swipe down gesture is just asking for most folks to end up quitting apps they meant to switch to...

Obviously I'm not the only one to think of this.

Overall, I like the look of this tweak. Naysayers can say what they want, but I think that this does have a nice feel to it. Can there be more improvement? Sure. I could see an option to expand the mini "cards" to be full screen, similar to the new app store search results. If there was the option to expand the cards, it would give more of a view of the app you were looking at, while still providing more of the same functionality as currently exists. Just a thought. My main point being that there are always more ideas for improvement. Mine may be good or they may be bad, but there are always more ideas.

The one thing that I find annoying about what's been said here is that this tweak will only be available for JB'n iOS 6 devices? Really? That is such a small subset. I've purposely not upgraded to iOS 6 because it would mean giving up my JB. So is there really something in iOS 6 that this tweak needs such that it can't be implemented in iOS 5? After all, the vast majority of JB'n devices are on iOS 5 or earlier...

srxtr

macrumors 6502a
Jul 1, 2010
Are you serious?

This looks awesome. Someone should show this vid to Apple and get these guys hired asap.

portishead

macrumors 65816
Apr 4, 2007
los angeles
For me it's all about the apps as that's what I'm using 99% of the time. The Apple App Store is still much more superior in it's offerings currently. By that I mean it isn't even close. Of course that could change in the future.

Yes that's true, iOS does have great Apps, and that's a huge part of what makes the iPhone the best phone on the market. But iOS needs work.

ppdix

macrumors 6502a
Jul 6, 2001
Miami Beach
Can't wait!

I dearly miss my jailbroken iPhone 4s... Jailbreaking makes the iphone really the best smartphone in the world.
Apple should take note.

My favorite reasons for jailbreaking:
LockMS. Lock screen information.
BiteSMS. Contact photos and delayed SMS sending!
Saurik's Contact photos on Contacts.
Barrel. Amazing icon animations between screens
Now, AUXO! WOW!
Winterboard. Custom themes and sounds.

:D

----------

Are you serious?

This looks awesome. Someone should show this vid to Apple and get these guys hired asap.

Agree totally! Apple is being run by old people with too much cash on their hands... They need "hungry" developers that will revolutionize the industry.
That's what being number one does for a company. They are too comfortable...
I can't wait for the iPhone 5 jailbreak!

macrumors 68040
Dec 16, 2011
Oh my god I would even do a tethered jailbreak for my iPhone 4S.

Quick someone make an A5 Jailbreak NOW.

ppdix

macrumors 6502a
Jul 6, 2001
Miami Beach
Didn't Apple used to be an innovator? Stale Stale Stale..

Beautiful job on this tweak, Apple should hire them

----------

Pressing that little red X is pathetic. Turning Airplane mode on and off is pathetic .. etc. Stale Stale Stale

They are too comfortable being on top. They are not "hungry" enough...
Also, all their people are getting old and tired. They need new talent. Hire the hackers and developers and improve on a stale iOS... Samsungs might crash but the OS is so much more fun...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.