Availability tool just put up today for 3gS

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by crzy4ifone, Jun 26, 2009.

1. crzy4ifone macrumors newbie

For those who have not gotten their phone yet, i just spoke with the nicest rep at Apple and they just put up the availability tool today at

http://www.apple.com/iphone/buy/

Now you can see which stores have them. He said if it is green, then they have 10 or more in stock.

Hope this helps for some. :)

P.S. If it is red,he said it does not mean that they do not have. It just means it is limited. You need to call to see how many they have.

2. fireshot91 macrumors 601

fireshot91

Wow, that'd be really handy for a lot of people on here, Thanks!

3. TSX macrumors 68030

TSX

4. SeanMcC macrumors regular

5. crzy4ifone thread starter macrumors newbie

2 of my stores are red also but I called them and one had black and no white and the other had about 8 of both. Make sure to call. Red just means it is limited but they may still have some.

6. fireshot91 macrumors 601

fireshot91

All the stores in VA are green on everything. :D

7. LePigeonBleu macrumors 6502

8. Blue Fox macrumors 6502a

Blue Fox

There's only 1 Apple Store in New Mexico, lol.......in Albuquerque (a short 300-mile commute for me). But they're all green! :D

9. SpaceKitty macrumors 68040

SpaceKitty

Good to see they've added it back after the last two years.

10. aerospace macrumors 6502a

Sometimes you just have to love Texas, every store is in stock =)

11. iObama macrumors 6502

iObama

Santa Rosa, CA's in stock! Hopefully it will be that way Tuesday @ 5, when I'm getting mine! Still have to decide between 32GB black or white. Hopefully they have them both there so I can see them first-hand. I have to say, I'm borrowing my mom's 3G since I sold my 2G, and I really like the black.

I'm torn. :eek:

12. acvball92 macrumors regular

acvball92

13. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

DAMNIT! I am about to drop dough on getting the iPod integration kit installed ... now I see there is stock and damnit!

14. iphones4evry1 macrumors 65816

iphones4evry1

Finally! A year ago when I bought my 3G, I was able to check stock online. This time, I had to call the stores and ask "do you have it in stock." Also, even a year ago, with the system only being updated overnight, a lot of people were waiting in line and then finding out they were sold out. I am glad to see that Apple has finally realized that they were putting their customers under significant inconvenience and they are tired of people complaining and finally decided to allow customers (who want to buy their products) to see [almost] real-time inventory levels so that they can go to an Apple store and actually buy a phone.

15. SFStateStudent macrumors 604

SFStateStudent

Is it me or did it take longer to get this tool up and running this year?:confused::confused::confused:

16. sam10685 macrumors 68000

sam10685

Wow. (who cares?!?! It's the same phone everyone already has.)

17. Lexoticstylez02 macrumors 6502a

Lexoticstylez02

I wish this would have been available for the launch, like the 3G and 2G were.

18. daneoni macrumors G4

daneoni

This has been available since last weekend on the UK site. I'm surprised they're just adding it to the US site

19. dagamer34 macrumors 65816

dagamer34

I'm surprised that they have so much stock. The iPhone 3G was so hard to get last year. I guess that means that not as many 3G owners are going to pay extra to upgrade or Apple was better prepared this year.

20. iphones4evry1 macrumors 65816

iphones4evry1

Watch. They will probably still make you wait in line for two hours. :mad:
    (they wanted me to wait in line just to look in the store at the MacBooks .. I walked away)

21. apolloa macrumors G3

apolloa

Huh, found this earlier on this evening. Unfortunately EVERY bloody store in the UK has sold out of the 16GB White PAYG model, as has O2 retail stores and O2 online store.......... I will be in the vacinity of an Apple retail store until the end of Monday, chances I think of getting an iPhone? ZERO! In fact I think Apple has widely underestimated the stock they needed at launch for this one! :mad::mad::mad:

22. SeanMcC macrumors regular

Oh now I remember. My Apple store has all reds because it's closed for two weeks for renovation. Oh what will I do?

23. mathcolo macrumors 6502a

In my mind I'm questioning the true need for this tool, don't they overnight iPhones to most Apple Stores already?

24. iphones4evry1 macrumors 65816

iphones4evry1

Considering they sold one million opening weekend (more than the 3G opening weekend), I would say they were better prepared this time, and also a lot of people are ordering online. I still see people posting on MacRumors today that say they ordered it online yesterday or today.

order online. :)

25. vansouza macrumors 68000

vansouza

I just came from the Town Square Apple store here in Las Vegas and there was an iPhone line; I could not believe it!!!