Availability

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by geraldem, Oct 11, 2016.

1. geraldem macrumors regular

How the heck do you find one of these things already? I have been checking istocknow and Best Buy every day....nothing. Why no availability?

2. jemi9od01 macrumors newbie

I bought through Best Buy's website and delivery was super fast - every time I went into a store I was told dates way in the future.

3. gemnilocs macrumors 6502

gemnilocs

I lucked up a few days ago using istock...wanted black stainless steel but settled for the 42mm stainless steel. Very happy with the purchase and finding one...it was like looking for a unicorn. Good luck..keep trying.

4. geraldem thread starter macrumors regular

LOL...it is so like finding a unicorn! :) The more I cant find it, the more I want it. Wonder if that is the intended result :)

5. bunnicula macrumors 68040

bunnicula

I bought a 38mm SB SS Milanese a few days after launch at my local Apple store. I realized as soon as I bought it that I'd not be happy with a smaller case size, so I returned it, unopened (in case someone wanted to buy that model) to the other Apple store near me and bought a 42MM SB SS. I realized I didn't like wearing the SB SS model a few hours after opening it, so I returned it. I then bought a 42MM Aluminum Sport, thinking I could economize this time around (my first gen is a SS). I hated the Silver Sport. I sold it to a friend of mine for what I paid.

I gave the Sport one more go, though, and bought a 42MM Rose gold w/Midnight Blue SB. I wanted so much to like it, but the glass screen makes me paranoid. I need to return it, but have not yet.

I did, however, order a 42MM SS WSB from Best Buy and that's the one I'm settled on. I've had it since October 3rd. Best Buy messed up my order and I have another one just like it arriving sometime today. LOL.

You can find these watches. You just have to really stay on top of it. Having plenty of Apple Stores nearby helps.

I'm going to return the 42MM SS WSB to my local BB if the thing ever arrives here. I don't need two of them.

I thought about auctioning off the Rose Gold Sport, but I have no interest in making money off it. Seems wrong.

6. rnangie macrumors newbie

My analogy is that it's like Whack a Mole. They pop up and you have to be really fast to grab it or it's gone. Got mine in Carlsbad, 3 hours away.

7. BlueMoon63 macrumors 68000

Not directed at anyone here...

We have become a consumer who wants instant availability and not having to wait for anything. He instant gratification society. Nothing really wrong with any of this. I would just want to add that we should order the one we want from the source we most trust and just wait.

I can't tell you how many posts I have read of people ordering from multiple places and returning one or ordering several times and cancelling several times.

8. geraldem thread starter macrumors regular

Agree...this is why I have not been able to find one. I want a particular one of these...not just the one that pops up. Good advice to just order and wait...

9. bunnicula macrumors 68040

bunnicula

What one do you want?

10. geraldem thread starter macrumors regular

Stainless 42mm, Blue Leather loop

11. flavr macrumors 6502

flavr

What are you talking about? My Apple Store has loaded with them in stock for a few weeks now. My local Best Buy also has the Series 1s and I believe the Series 2s. They are everywhere around here. (Southern Pittsburgh).

If you are interested in a 38 Series 0 Black Stainless Steel with link band (the $1050 one) for $600 let me know. I have one in the box sealed and it's never been opened.

12. bunnicula macrumors 68040

bunnicula

Buy a 42MM WSB. You'll wind up needing a WSB anyway and there's no discount off the band when you buy it with the Blue LL. Do you have a WSB already? Is that the issue?

That particular model (Blue LL) was available in quite a few Apple stores over the past 2 weeks. You really must not have much inventory where you are located. Maybe if you order it, it will arrive faster than you think.

13. Ctguy macrumors member

Been hunting for 42 mm space black for weeks with no luck. Checking Apple.com, Best Buy.com and target.com daily. I'm in Los Angeles area.

14. thepro8 macrumors member

thepro8

looks like a lot of 42mm stainless with white bands just came in

15. rangers97 macrumors newbie

rangers97

--- Post Merged, Oct 11, 2016 ---
    Check Macy's .com. Ordered my 42 MM SB with SB Milanese And received within 2 days. Checked back and still showing in stock

16. Not A Fanatic macrumors newbie

Not A Fanatic

In Australia, where the release was same as US, stores listing stock available Nov 15th. Any watch 42mm.
    Last week I was told 11th Nov so ordered a SS white band 42mm online, estimated delivery 11th Nov, Shipped 2 days ago so hope to receive by weekend.
    I agree with advise earlier in thread, Decide what you want (don't stuff the rest of the customers around tying up extra orders with multiple orders for different watches from multiple sources, that just makes it more difficult for the rest of us) then order online. It will probably come lots earlier than waiting for store stock.

17. jjknn macrumors newbie

42mm stainless steel white sports band in Rancho Cucamonga Apple for you Southern California seekers

18. Ctguy macrumors member

Thanks that's what I want, was little late , it gone now , only 38 mm left.

19. the future macrumors 65816

Yeah, in the US. In Europe, not so much. There seem to be release waves, as at the same time the US got the SSWBs, the UK got a lot of 42 rose gold models and Germany a lot of 42 space grey models.

20. bunnicula macrumors 68040

bunnicula

I saw that, too. Me, BB finally sent me the extra 42MM WSB that I tried to cancel, but they could not cancel, then they had to redirect because I moved and my address was incorrect. Ugh. It's sitting here now and I reckon I'll return it later today.

Maybe someone around here is looking for one. I know they don't have them in stock at the store.

21. MxChino macrumors member

You mean the one Best Buy was blowing out for $350? Good luck with that. Youll be lucky to get your money back.

22. MiamiBourne macrumors regular

Yes on the 42 Stainless Steel w/white sports band. I was able to order one for pickup a few hours ago at NYC Soho. Can't wait to finally pick it up!

23. bunnicula macrumors 68040

bunnicula

Excellent! Enjoy!

24. cindyhermes, Oct 12, 2016
    Last edited: Oct 12, 2016

cindyhermes macrumors newbie

cindyhermes

Just got the Series 2 42mm Gold with Coffee Woven Band online and delivery on Oct 20 through Best Buy. This has been shown to be not available for both shipping and store pick-up as of now. Wonder if Best Buy is still going to deliver mine on time? They definitely did not deliver my iPhone 7 Plus within the promised date range, so I'm very skeptical now :( Anyone has any experience buying Apple Watch Series 2 at Best Buy via shipping or store pick up? Are they pretty good at delivering them as promised?

Thanks

25. zamboni52 macrumors regular

I ordered the Series 2 42mm Gold with Cocoa band on Sat from Best Buy and it is out for delivery today.