Banners Up for Apple's Let's Rock Media Event on September 9th

Discussion in 'MacRumors.com News Discussion' started by MacRumors, Sep 6, 2008.

1. MacRumors macrumors bot

MacRumors

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Andrew Mager has posted (via iPhoneSavior) an image from outside the Yerba Buena Center in San Francisco where Apple will hold its "Let's Rock" media event on September 9th, 2008.

The large multi-story banner shows one of Apple's iPod silhouette ads clearly suggesting a major iPod-related event. Persistent rumors have predicted that Apple will introduce a tall iPod Nano, a new iPod Touch, as well as iTunes 8. There are also suggestions that Apple could introduce the 2.1 iPhone firmware with some previously unannounced features.

A few last minute tidbits:

- We've heard a few more reports of Apple telling reporters that this event will be a "big deal" and urging them to come. While it's hard to read too much into this sort of hype, it does not appear to be typical practice for Apple.
    - DaringFireball suggests that there will be iPhone news at the event.
    - While we won't be providing live web coverage, we will offer links to all available coverage as well as SMS updates via Twitter.
    - The event will take place on September 9th, 2008 at 10 a.m. Pacific, 1 p.m. Eastern.

Article Link

2. wongulous macrumors 6502a

I wonder if it's all a smokescreen for something REALLY big, given this new information... I can't wait!

3. SleepyHead157 macrumors regular

i hope its something big. I can't wait for iphone news.

4. Nieval Suspended

5. Peace macrumors Core

Peace

So there's not going to be a macrumorslive site ?

6. Vulcan macrumors 65816

Vulcan

7. WildCowboy Administrator/Editor

WildCowboy

Staff Member

We don't get invited to these things. :)

8. CWallace macrumors 603

CWallace

MS is launching their new Zunes and Mice the same day, I noticed.

9. Sam Yikin macrumors regular

Can't wait, looking to get an iPod touch sometime this year.

10. brendanspah764 macrumors regular

brendanspah764

what about spoiler-free? I would to come home from school that day and be able to be surprised.

11. swingerofbirch macrumors 68040

The Amalgamated States of Central North America
    Apple is unveiling the world's largest downtown shower complete with iPod shower curtain?! :D

12. Peace macrumors Core

Peace

I know that but usually when theres a keynote macrumors changes to macrumorslive and there are text based stuff. Thats not happening this time?

13. JW008 macrumors 6502

I just don't see what can be that big about it. Even if ALL the rumors (complete redesign of iPod line-up, iTunes 8, iPhone 2.1) are true, I just don't see that as HUGE news. If you throw in some of the "fringe" rumors (Subscription service, Beatles on iTunes, etc.), it makes it bigger news. But, that would take a three hour event to introduce. This event has too much hype, even for Apple.

You know what would make it huge? Redesigned MacBooks! But I am admittedly a very biased opinion on that matter! :)

14. iCantwait macrumors 65816

iCantwait

15. a1016neo macrumors regular

a1016neo

Then how does Engadget get in? :D

16. Pikemann Urge macrumors 6502

I like it - make your own reality! :D

Well, whoever is right or wrong on the new nanos, I think we all have the same view for 09/09: BRING IT ON.

17. WildCowboy Administrator/Editor

WildCowboy

Staff Member

We didn't do it for last year's iPod event, but I believe we were able to get a man on the inside for the 2006 event. So no, there aren't any plans to do it this time as far as I know.

18. Pikemann Urge macrumors 6502

If you can fit that in your bedroom then I WANT YOUR BEDROOM.

19. JW008 macrumors 6502

You know, if you throw out iPhone news from the mix (as DaringFireball suggests that it will come at the end of the event and not the event itself--if I'm reading that correctly), it's just another blow to "size" of this event. Hmmm...this is by far one of the oddest rumor seasons leading up to an event in a while. (or at least since June! :) )

20. calvin2006 macrumors regular

It would be HUGE news if the prices were severely slashed on all their models so that no one can compete with them. I'm talking a sub-$100 iPod Nano, a 16GB touch at $199, and so on. I actually think we will see a 16GB touch for $199, and an 8GB Nano for under $100. We'll see what happens, but if that happened, it would be HUGE.

21. skellener macrumors 68000

skellener

22. arn macrumors god

arn

Staff Member

They get invited. :)

arn

23. culero macrumors newbie

Finally...

I will be like the cool kids and own an iPod touch! ;)

24. WildCowboy Administrator/Editor

WildCowboy

Staff Member

I'd imagine being owned by AOL carries some benefits, such as media invites to these sorts of things.. :)

25. deannnnn macrumors 68020

deannnnn

Well, no matter what happens, I'm still excited to see what Apple has up their sleeve.

We know they are releasing new SOMETHING... so it's going to cause a lot of hype around MR... and that's always good. :D