Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Crowdx44

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 11, 2017
California
Hi all,
so I wonder what people's experience has been running Windows 10 using parallels on a MBP 2016. Am I correct in assuming battery life would not be much different with parallels running windows 10 vs bootcamp? My observation has been that bootcamp battery life is pretty weak.
Thoughts?
Patrick

DMod

macrumors member
Jun 30, 2010
I run windows 10 in parallels everyday and I get about 10-12 hours of battery life with a combination of using that vm/normal web browsing with safari. At first my battery was dying really quickly, but that is because parallels was in high performance mode and kicking on the dGPU. I adjusted it to be battery conscious (and use the integrated gpu) and now it's great. I don't do anything really intensive in parallels, since I'm usually using it to connect to another VM over my company's VPN.

Reactions: dmillar74

deadworlds

macrumors 65816
Jun 15, 2007
Citrus Heights,CA
I use fusion to run my windows 10 VM. I have assigned two CPU cores to the VM and set it to use the iGPU. I get about 6 hrs or so, if I remember right, running visual studio and some web browsing. Along with with using the Mac OS to perform other tasks.

Reactions: dmillar74
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.