Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
Browsing Macrumors on Safari.

Well, to some degree depending on your connection, active browsing in Safari is one of the things that can eat up quite a bit of battery. Many have often seen usage of about 1% every 2 or 3 minutes, which would actually be consistent with what you noticed it would seem.

mjb59463

macrumors 6502
Jan 10, 2012
Well, to some degree depending on your connection, active browsing in Safari is one of the things that can eat up quite a bit of battery. Many have often seen usage of about 1% every 2 or 3 minutes, which would actually be consistent with what you noticed it would seem.

It definitely would. just have to get used to it I guess.

coldjeanzzz

macrumors 6502a
Nov 4, 2012
Wifi the entire day but lots of video watching and music streaming as you can see. Overall very impressed with the battery life of the iPhone 6. Especially the standby time where it almost doesn't even go down even if I leave it off the charger all night

Attachments

• IMG_0019.PNG
    IMG_0019.PNG
    118.3 KB · Views: 252

Samwich46

macrumors newbie
May 17, 2015
Hi, I'm a new owner of an iphone 6 and I notice that the usage time increase of 20-30 min during my 10 hours night. I also loss like 3% of charge. It's important to know that I put the phone on airplane mode at night. Do you think I should worry about battery issue. I read a lot of thing and im little bit worry! Thanks

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
Hi, I'm a new owner of an iphone 6 and I notice that the usage time increase of 20-30 min during my 10 hours night. It's important to know that I put the phone on airplane mode at night. Do you think I should worry about battery issue. I read a lot of thing and im little bit worry! Thanks
Is your battery life bad in some way?

Samwich46

macrumors newbie
May 17, 2015
Is your battery life bad in some way?

Im at 32% of charge (start from 100%), 6h32 min of usage and 1 day 11h of standby. But the usage it's probably not 100% right cause like I said it increase of like 30min in night, while it's on airplane mode.

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
Im at 32% of charge (start from 100%), 6h32 min of usage and 1 day 11h of standby. But the usage it's probably not 100% right cause like I said it increase of like 30min in night, while it's on airplane mode.
Seems like you are fine (if not even more than fine) and nothing to worry about.

Samwich46

macrumors newbie
May 17, 2015
Seems like you are fine (if not even more than fine) and nothing to worry about.

Ok, so you think it's ''normal'' that the usage increase a couple of minutes even if it's on airplane mode? :eek: Thanks a lot for your answer :)

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
Ok, so you think it's ''normal'' that the usage increase a couple of minutes even if it's on airplane mode? :eek: Thanks a lot for your answer :)

Some process was wrapping up or doing this or that. Even if it's not completely "normal" or obvious, it doesn't seem to be presenting any issues, and that's really the important part in all of that.

Samwich46

macrumors newbie
May 17, 2015
Some process was wrapping up or doing this or that. Even if it's not completely "normal" or obvious, it doesn't seem to be presenting any issues, and that's really the important part in all of that.

Ok, I was on the point to go see a guy at the Genius bar but if you said it look normal, im going to keep this one. But have you, or other people, ever notice this on your phone?

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
Ok, I was on the point to go see a guy at the Genius bar but if you said it look normal, im going to keep this one. But have you, or other people, ever notice this on your phone?

There's a whole recent thread about this very thing (and likely some older ones), so definitely something that others have noticed.

Just had an iPhone 5 charged and left overnight in airplane mode and without being touched at all since the point of being charged--it has 13 minutes of usage on it now that I used it for the first time to check the battery usage.

Last edited:

Tthomas612

macrumors 65816
Aug 24, 2013
When's first got the iPhone 6 my battery life was great. Here recently my batteryife has gotten progressively worse and worse.

I have no apps running in the background and I have my settings all the same as they were on Day 1 so I really don't know what the problem is...

All I do know is that I wake up everyday at 3 am to get to my work by 4am. When I wake up u phone is100%... By 4:30 am with my phone not being used at all I may be at 80... Maybe less. This is while I'm at work the battery is dropping a lot while I'm not even on screen. Its really weird. I have all location services off... I have push turned off... Idk what else to do honestly

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
When's first got the iPhone 6 my battery life was great. Here recently my batteryife has gotten progressively worse and worse.

I have no apps running in the background and I have my settings all the same as they were on Day 1 so I really don't know what the problem is...

All I do know is that I wake up everyday at 3 am to get to my work by 4am. When I wake up u phone is100%... By 4:30 am with my phone not being used at all I may be at 80... Maybe less. This is while I'm at work the battery is dropping a lot while I'm not even on screen. Its really weird. I have all location services off... I have push turned off... Idk what else to do honestly

20% down when not being used? That's not normal even with most settings on. Unless you are in a bad reception area for most of that time perhaps. Otherwise sounds like something is stuck running. Check to see that background refresh is off too just in case. In general though you should try rebooting, and perhaps resetting some settings even if not removing and re-adding some accounts. Perhaps even a full restore.

Tthomas612

macrumors 65816
Aug 24, 2013
20% down when not being used? That's not normal even with most settings on. Unless you are in a bad reception area for most of that time perhaps. Otherwise sounds like something is stuck running. Check to see that background refresh is off too just in case. In general though you should try rebooting, and perhaps resetting some settings even if not removing and re-adding some accounts. Perhaps even a full restore.

Yeah that's what I thought. Something is definitely wrong. I'm thinking about doing a complete refresh.  always says its software so I hate wasting time going to the Genius Bar, but I may try to do the complete refresh by deleting everything and starting new...if that doesn't work
I'll have to go tithe Genius Bar

imagineadam

macrumors 68000
Jan 19, 2011
Heres my typical usage from my i6. 7 hours onscreen time and just over and hour of a run with slacker radio (from device and screen locked) playing over Bluetooth earbuds. It's right where it should be. I can't complain! :)

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    127 KB · Views: 241

Tthomas612

macrumors 65816
Aug 24, 2013
Heres my typical usage from my i6. 7 hours onscreen time and just over and hour of a run with slacker radio (from device and screen locked) playing over Bluetooth earbuds. It's right where it should be. I can't complain! :)

This is the type of usage I used to get which was great. Much better then my 5s had gotten, but now idk what has happened.

mjb59463

macrumors 6502
Jan 10, 2012
That's more like it. Was getting bad battery life for a while.

6+

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    258 KB · Views: 204

yansun

macrumors 6502
Mar 26, 2010
I usually get around 11-12 hours of usage time.

iPhone 6

Attachments

• IMG_0721.PNG
    IMG_0721.PNG
    111.6 KB · Views: 193

Samwich46

macrumors newbie
May 17, 2015
Is that everything ok? Backapp refresh, localisation, Bluetooth are off.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    145.7 KB · Views: 184
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.