Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

BeSweeet

macrumors 68000
Apr 2, 2009
San Antonio, TX
8gc7bMi.jpg

Samwich46

macrumors newbie
May 17, 2015
Is There a new record? Nô seriously i have backapp refresh and localisation off and i think i have a little bug with Facebook last night cause he drain my battery and Time usage increase of like 10 hours without touching it. And when i check battery usage i see background activity under Facebook app name even if backapp refresh is off :( someone else notice this ?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    149.2 KB · Views: 360

SeeTheLights

macrumors member
Jul 21, 2011
Don't feel like my battery has been as good since 8.4, also had my phone replaced last month for unrelated problems. I have been using FaceTime audio a lot more lately. This is a mixutre of wifi and LTE today. Also had ~2 hour FaceTime audio call. Usually keep my brightness less than 50 percent.

Attachments

• 11854069_10153236094674064_179932607_n.jpg
    11854069_10153236094674064_179932607_n.jpg
    38.3 KB · Views: 277

bushido

Suspended
Mar 26, 2008
Germany
i have no idea how u guys always get those usage times. i never got more than 7 hours of usage on any of my iPhones since the 3G days :-/

Arvi23

macrumors newbie
Sep 12, 2015
Is anything wrong with my battery?? I never got more than 4hrs of usage time from my iPhone 6. IT loses 1% of charge for every 2-3 mins while browsing, fb , what's app or any screen-on tasks. Wondering how you ppl get around 8-10 hrs.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    134 KB · Views: 310

XTheLancerX

macrumors 68000
Aug 20, 2014
NY, USA
Is anything wrong with my battery?? I never got more than 4hrs of usage time from my iPhone 6. IT loses 1% of charge for every 2-3 mins while browsing, fb , what's app or any screen-on tasks. Wondering how you ppl get around 8-10 hrs.

Well, screen brightness for me has to be like 20% if I even want a chance at 8 hours of usage. Full brightness the entire time usually yields 3-5 hours of usage and a hot phone. Being connected to cellular networks further contributes to drain. If you can be on Wi-Fi, go that route, because being on a Wi-Fi signal won't draw as much power. Make sure you're updated to the latest version of iOS 8, as I had horrible drain anywhere before iOS 8.2.

Does Airtel have LTE, or does it just lack LTE coverage where you are? If they have LTE but just don't have coverage for it where you are, go to settings, cellular, and disable it. Pretty much your phone might be searching for LTE constantly but it can't find an LTE signal. If Airtel only has 3G then that isn't an option, however.

Also try toggling off background app refresh, and also go to privacy>location services and strip down on that.

Facebook is a huge battery hog by the way.

Arvi23

macrumors newbie
Sep 12, 2015
Well, screen brightness for me has to be like 20% if I even want a chance at 8 hours of usage. Full brightness the entire time usually yields 3-5 hours of usage and a hot phone. Being connected to cellular networks further contributes to drain. If you can be on Wi-Fi, go that route, because being on a Wi-Fi signal won't draw as much power. Make sure you're updated to the latest version of iOS 8, as I had horrible drain anywhere before iOS 8.2.

Does Airtel have LTE, or does it just lack LTE coverage where you are? If they have LTE but just don't have coverage for it where you are, go to settings, cellular, and disable it. Pretty much your phone might be searching for LTE constantly but it can't find an LTE signal. If Airtel only has 3G then that isn't an option, however.

Also try toggling off background app refresh, and also go to privacy>location services and strip down on that.

Facebook is a huge battery hog by the way.

Thanks for your reply man, yes I always have my brightness at around 25%. Turned off background refresh, location services and notifications too. I'm from India and coverage for LTE is not in my area so disabled LTE. Even then I'm getting only around 3.5 to 4 hrs only.

Last edited:

maxsix

Suspended
Jun 28, 2015
Western Hemisphere
It's Apple that keeps companies like ANKER in business.

Knowing that Apples priorities don't include a long life battery, ANKER is making big profits from customers like me that are highly mobile and use the phone for personal and business all day long. By having a battery I can count on, I just use my phone without concern for what apps draw and which ones don't.

bahndoos

macrumors 6502
Jul 9, 2010
Thanks for your reply man, yes I always have my brightness at around 25%. Turned off background refresh, location services and notifications too. I'm from India and coverage for LTE is not in my area so disabled LTE. Even then I'm getting only around 3.5 to 4 hrs only.
Wondering if India's cellular quality/coverage is similar to Pakistan? Reason being, I go to places like Karachi and Lahore for work and use a local sim there. The phone's usage and standby always are much much lower compared to when I'm in a place like Dubai which has excellent cell quality and coverage, or when I'm at home in Boston, which has reasonably good coverage in most areas. In Pakistan, there is coverage just about everywhere, even remote villages, but the signal is generally low, even in urban areas so the phone spends a lot of battery power trying to keep up a solid signal.

Gomesita

macrumors newbie
Jul 27, 2014
Here is my typical weekend battery life for my 6 Plus. I'm on iOS 8.4.1, no jailbreak. I streamed almost all of season 8 of naruto on movie box and kept up with the football scores. Very good battery life, imo. I hope the 6s plus can perform like this with the smaller battery.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    242.4 KB · Views: 291

pik.

macrumors 6502
Feb 4, 2008
Bologna/Corfu/Paris
Don't feel like my battery has been as good since 8.4, also had my phone replaced last month for unrelated problems. I have been using FaceTime audio a lot more lately. This is a mixutre of wifi and LTE today. Also had ~2 hour FaceTime audio call. Usually keep my brightness less than 50 percent.
is this iPhone 6 or 6plus?
thanks

shaheer07

macrumors newbie
Sep 28, 2015
iPhone 6S user here. How do you guys manage to get such good battery life? :O

Attachments

• iphone 6s.jpg
    iphone 6s.jpg
    42 KB · Views: 305

shaheer07

macrumors newbie
Sep 28, 2015
It is yellow because low power mode is on. And that usage doesn't look good to me.

This is my usage right before it died after two full days. Last time I charged it was early morning yesterday. Is it a good battery life? Coming from Android, it's pretty damn great for me because I had to charge my M7 twice or thrice a day. But compared to the other posts I see here, my battery is lackluster.

Edit: Oh by the way, I just remembered. I turned off the background refresh which increases the time of 'battery usage' because I wanted a more accurate 'screen on time.' I did not listen to music in the past two days either which also plays a role in increasing the usage time. So I believe that the 7 hrs and 22 mins is my screen on time precisely.

Attachments

• usage.jpg
    usage.jpg
    33.5 KB · Views: 240
Last edited:

PapaC

macrumors newbie
Apr 16, 2014
This is my usage right before it died after two full days. Last time I charged it was early morning yesterday. Is it a good battery life? Coming from Android, it's pretty damn great for me because I had to charge my M7 twice or thrice a day. But compared to the other posts I see here, my battery is lackluster.

Edit: Oh by the way, I just remembered. I turned off the background refresh which increases the time of 'battery usage' because I wanted a more accurate 'screen on time.' I did not listen to music in the past two days either which also plays a role in increasing the usage time. So I believe that the 7 hrs and 22 mins is my screen on time precisely.

Why doesn't it look good to you? What are you expecting?
Ok, my mistake, at first i thought i say it was a 6s Plus. Your battery time is actually pretty good.

ShaunOK

macrumors member
Oct 20, 2012
Disappointed with my 6. Don't know whether to restore as a new phone or take into store. Feels like I've barely used it today and it's down to 46% already. I've got an Anker battery pack so don't know if I am unnecessarily worrying about battery life! What do people think? Seems to be losing 1% every 3 minute browsing on 3G!
image.png

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
Disappointed with my 6. Don't know whether to restore as a new phone or take into store. Feels like I've barely used it today and it's down to 46% already. I've got an Anker battery pack so don't know if I am unnecessarily worrying about battery life! What do people think? Seems to be losing 1% every 3 minute browsing on 3G! View attachment 587625
Those numbers don't seem bad for a 6.
They aren't great, but not bad either. Especially if you factor in 3G which generally uses up more battery.

iOZZY

macrumors regular
Mar 17, 2013
Stamford, England
Not too bad on my 6 Plus, iOS 9.0.1

Would be more as the 3G signal at work is only one blob so I daresay its eating battery. At home I turn on flight mode and turn on Wi-Fi so the phone still receives calls and SMS via EE Wi-Fi Calling (for some reason the Wi-Fi logo isn't showing tonight).

IMG_0432.PNG

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.