Batwing Black Speck Candyshell (with photos)

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by Daremo, Jul 28, 2009.

1. Daremo macrumors 68000

Daremo

My Black / Grey Candyshell arrived today. I have to say, It's exactly what I was looking for all along. I've settled with the Black and Yellow case until now, and this will work for me unless Speck releases a sold black version, but this case looks amazing. I think I can now stop looking for cases.

I'll post pictures later, and review it fully on my blog.

Attached Files:

2. V4705 macrumors 6502

can't wait for high res pics, i got the black-yellow also.
    the black part is exactly the same hue (as the old candyshell) ?

3. feelthefire macrumors 6502a

The black is the same as the old black, just with gray rubber instead of yellow.

4. Davoo macrumors member

Does the candyshell still scratch if you look at it too long?

5. Daremo thread starter macrumors 68000

Daremo

The case is the exact same other than the color.

As far as it scratching easily... My philosophy has always been, the case scratches so the iPhone doesn't. It's never bothered me. I've not used a hard shell case that doesn't scratch, and to me, the beauty of it, when the case gets scratched up to a point where I'm tired of looking it, you can always replace it with something new, and feel brand new again.

I avoided the candy shell for a long time, even after seeing rave reviews, only because I like my colors plain, and the original cases were obnoxious to me. I have been stomaching through the yellow, and it grew on me, but now, I'm 100% happier.

6. Daremo thread starter macrumors 68000

Daremo

Photos in the top thread. Poor lighting, taken with another iPhone, so I apologize for the grain.

7. BigBearAZ macrumors newbie

8. 99MustangGTman macrumors 6502

9. Daremo thread starter macrumors 68000

Daremo

Yes. It cover the volume rocker, and the top power switch. The only button exposed is the mute switch. I also use the headphone port plug that came with my Rebel Neo. Now that I use Bluetooth headphones, I can cover the port on the top, and know I'm blocking that water sensor.

I love this case!

10. 007bond macrumors 6502a

007bond

i like the look but i dont think its a "Candyshell" anymore. i wish they had these cases as well as the old colors. they should have created a new product line for these

11. hsk macrumors regular

Just saw one of the new black ones at the ATT store.

Daremo - what did you have before? I am curious as to the size of this case vs. a Slider. I thought the Slider was OK, but it was heavy, IMO. I have a Feather now, but I am thinking about something more robust for "travel".

12. Blueline29 macrumors 68020

Blueline29

Wow, that does look nice. I got my new pink Candyshell the other day and it looks MUCH better than it does on Speck's site. IDK what it is, but it seems like the cases as shown on their site are actually uglier (in terms of color) than they really are. I know that was the case with my white/cranberry one (the red looked really brownish online). I wonder if the older colors might have sold better if they'd been photographed in more appealing light.

13. V4705 macrumors 6502

thats nice, the new black is definitely better.
    but i think the old white look nicer than the new white.

14. Daremo thread starter macrumors 68000

Daremo

I've had a few cases, from a Slider, to a Griffin Clarifi, and a different Candyshell, and the Candyshell is about the same as the Clarifi. It feels more solid then any of the others I've used. It just seems more protected. I really like the double layer of softer rubber, and hard shell.

15. Hieu macrumors member

Wait..you saw a candyshell at the ATT store? oo..If that's true then I need to head on down to my local store to check them out.

16. a1rflow macrumors member

I just bought the new white/grey candyshell, it should be here tomorrow. I'll let you all know how it looks and hopefully post some pictures. I picked the candyshell over the incase slider btw.

17. smarter macrumors member

Today I received mine: I love it!

Today I received the BatWing Black CandyShell. So far I really love this case for it's protection and sleek looks.

I really hated the old colors, I'm really glad they fixed that issue.

Some pics:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

18. DuckSoup macrumors 6502a

DuckSoup

I've had an Incase Slider on my 2nd Gen iPod Touch for 10 months and there MIGHT be a couple small scratches on it. I removed it last week for the first time and no damage to the Touch. Got a Slider for my new iPhone last night and put it on confident that it nor my iPhone will suffer any scratches with the same care I gave my Touch.

Mike

19. EatMyApple macrumors 6502

VERY NICE!!! Mine is 'Out for Delivery' right now - can't wait!

20. Ferris23 macrumors 68020

21. smarter macrumors member

Some more pics of mine.

The pics I previously posted were taken with a cheap Kodak camera at work, today I took some with my Pentax DSLR. The grey looks much more like the real thing on these pics (grey looks way lighter on the pics posted earlier):

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

22. hsk macrumors regular

Yes, I was surprised. Looked at it twice to make sure - and it was in the ATT packaging.

23. UngratefulNinja macrumors 68000

UngratefulNinja

Yep, they're selling them now in the AT&T packaging. In fact, there is a candyshell AT&T exclusive color in purple with pink trim :) I ordered it and will post a pic when it arrives this week.

24. rembot macrumors member

hows the bulk and durability of this case?
    Can anyone compare it to the griffin reveal or the moshi case?
    thanks!

25. Skystar macrumors 6502

Just got this case at the AT&T store yesterday. So far I love it. It's not as slim as the griffin reveal, but feels really sturdy. I hope it does not scratch as easily as the reveal. Time will tell.