BeatsX Earphones Launch on Apple Store for $150

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Apple today officially launched its much-anticipated BeatsX Earphones on its online store for $149.95, after initially delaying the earphones from Fall 2016 and into February 2017. With the delay of BeatsX, Apple focused on the December launch of the AirPods, which have subsequently become hard to come by for those interested in Apple's own Bluetooth headphones.

Apple's website states shipping times of 4-5 business days for the White and Black color options, and 8-11 business days for Blue and Gray. Some Amazon orders for BeatsX suggested the earphones might arrive in late January, but those dates were inaccurately estimated for customers.

BeatsX are different from the AirPods in a few small ways, including the fact that the earphones are tethered together by a flex-form cable instead of being completely wireless like AirPods. Thanks to the cable, however, BeatsX include in-line remote control media playback, as well as more ease of mind for those afraid of losing the earphones thanks to the cable's security when resting on the user's neck. Further preventing loss is a magnet in each BeatsX earphone that clicks the earphones together when resting against the user's chest.

The BeatsX Earphones also include a W1 chip for easy pairing with any iOS device, as well as a charging system that supports Lightning cables, continuing to deepen the ease-of-use of the Beats brand in Apple's ecosystem. To provide as secure fit as possible, the earphones ship with four interchangeable eartip sizes, as well as removable secure-fit wingtips for when users plan on being highly active with BeatsX.

The new earphones provide up to eight hours of music playback with a full charge, and users can get a full two hours of battery life on five minutes of charge with its "Fast Fuel" charging feature. "Authentic, clear acoustics" provide high-quality sound playback on BeatsX, with optimized noise isolation to give users an "immersive listening experience."

BeatsX were one of the W1-enabled earphones that Apple announced during its September 7 iPhone event, also including the AirPods, Powerbeats3, and Beats Solo3. The AirPods launched on December 13 and availability remains scarce, while the Beats Solo3 have been out since September, and the Powerbeats3 were available to order in October. Now, those interested can pick up BeatsX on Apple.com for $149.95 in both white and black.

Article Link: BeatsX Earphones Launch on Apple Store for $150

profets

macrumors 601
Mar 18, 2009
I do like how they have what looks to be weights on each side. One thing that annoyed me with my Jaybirds over the years was how the cord would always move or pull to one side.

Reactions: kyleh22

yanksfan114

macrumors 6502
Jul 30, 2011
Debated whether my gf would want these or the PB3 for working out. Felt like these would be better outside the gym. People in my office use the PB and look kinda ridiculous when you're not working out. Ended up grabbing a pair of white BeatsX delivering on Vday.

leventozler

macrumors 6502
Feb 18, 2009
Debated whether my gf would want these or the PB3 for working out. Felt like these would be better outside the gym. People in my office use the PB and look kinda ridiculous when you're not working out. Ended up grabbing a pair of white BeatsX delivering on Vday.
Beats X is not sweat-proof.

fullfast

macrumors regular
Mar 24, 2010
Just picked my pair up from Apple Covent Garden, London.....apart from the initial issues with paying for them....the sound I can confirm is really clear, crisp and with a load of depth to the sound......

Lets see how they go over the next couple of days

c.leonard66h

macrumors regular
Apr 17, 2015
Just picked my pair up from Apple Covent Garden, London.....apart from the initial issues with paying for them....the sound I can confirm is really clear, crisp and with a load of depth to the sound......

does it come with the 3 months Apple Music as forums say?

TallGuyGT

macrumors 6502
Aug 8, 2011
NYC
I was able to order them in black for in-store pickup today. The YouTube reviews have been good, so I thought I'd give them a try.

Reactions: Weaselboy

mrklaw

macrumors 68020
Jan 29, 2008
wondering whether these or the airpods? My current Backbeat gos are annoying with the cable snagging on my shirt collar when walking to/from the station each day - so the airpods seem more practical, but I use skip forwards a lot for podcasts so losing that would be really annoying.

ryanwarsaw

macrumors 68030
Apr 7, 2007
Do these things access Siri and can they pick up calls? Maybe a dumb question but I simply don't know. I hated Siri controls when I first got my Airpods but now have found it very useful in some ways. If these have in line controls and Siri I would consider them.

triton100

macrumors 6502a
Dec 15, 2010

Better than airpods in a quiet location ?

What's the fit like ?

mrklaw

macrumors 68020
Jan 29, 2008
Do these things access Siri and can they pick up calls? Maybe a dumb question but I simply don't know. I hated Siri controls when I first got my Airpods but now have found it very useful in some ways. If these have in line controls and Siri I would consider them.
They should have. even my cheapo sony wired earphones with a simple one button remote can access siri with a long press. So they should at least support that.

Reactions: ryanwarsaw
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.