BeatsX Earphones Launch on Apple Store for $150

Discussion in 'MacRumors.com News Discussion' started by MacRumors, Feb 10, 2017.

1. MacRumors macrumors bot

MacRumors

[​IMG]

Apple today officially launched its much-anticipated BeatsX Earphones on its online store for $149.95, after initially delaying the earphones from Fall 2016 and into February 2017. With the delay of BeatsX, Apple focused on the December launch of the AirPods, which have subsequently become hard to come by for those interested in Apple's own Bluetooth headphones.

Apple's website states shipping times of 4-5 business days for the White and Black color options, and 8-11 business days for Blue and Gray. Some Amazon orders for BeatsX suggested the earphones might arrive in late January, but those dates were inaccurately estimated for customers.

[​IMG]

BeatsX are different from the AirPods in a few small ways, including the fact that the earphones are tethered together by a flex-form cable instead of being completely wireless like AirPods. Thanks to the cable, however, BeatsX include in-line remote control media playback, as well as more ease of mind for those afraid of losing the earphones thanks to the cable's security when resting on the user's neck. Further preventing loss is a magnet in each BeatsX earphone that clicks the earphones together when resting against the user's chest.

The BeatsX Earphones also include a W1 chip for easy pairing with any iOS device, as well as a charging system that supports Lightning cables, continuing to deepen the ease-of-use of the Beats brand in Apple's ecosystem. To provide as secure fit as possible, the earphones ship with four interchangeable eartip sizes, as well as removable secure-fit wingtips for when users plan on being highly active with BeatsX.

The new earphones provide up to eight hours of music playback with a full charge, and users can get a full two hours of battery life on five minutes of charge with its "Fast Fuel" charging feature. "Authentic, clear acoustics" provide high-quality sound playback on BeatsX, with optimized noise isolation to give users an "immersive listening experience."

BeatsX were one of the W1-enabled earphones that Apple announced during its September 7 iPhone event, also including the AirPods, Powerbeats3, and Beats Solo3. The AirPods launched on December 13 and availability remains scarce, while the Beats Solo3 have been out since September, and the Powerbeats3 were available to order in October. Now, those interested can pick up BeatsX on Apple.com for $149.95 in both white and black.

Article Link: BeatsX Earphones Launch on Apple Store for $150

2. CmdrLaForge macrumors 601

CmdrLaForge

Ordered. Black and white. They arrive on Valentine's Day. Black for me. White for my better half.

3. djcerla macrumors 68000

djcerla

Nice, but for me the "perfect product" is the Powerbeats3.

4. profets macrumors 601

I do like how they have what looks to be weights on each side. One thing that annoyed me with my Jaybirds over the years was how the cord would always move or pull to one side.

5. smacrumon macrumors 68030

smacrumon

6. Relentless Power macrumors Penryn

Relentless Power

I think for my work outs, my Airpods will be for my weightlifting and the Beats X for running.

7. mazz0 macrumors 68000

mazz0

I wish they'd do a cross between the two - in ear but truly wireless!

8. dantroline macrumors regular

dantroline

9. coolbreeze macrumors 68000

coolbreeze

W1 MANIA!

(it's not that special y'all)

10. Relentless Power macrumors Penryn

Relentless Power

It's called branding, you know, where companies stamp their logo on products. Maybe you have heard of it?

11. yanksfan114 macrumors 6502

Debated whether my gf would want these or the PB3 for working out. Felt like these would be better outside the gym. People in my office use the PB and look kinda ridiculous when you're not working out. Ended up grabbing a pair of white BeatsX delivering on Vday.

12. leventozler macrumors 6502

Beats X is not sweat-proof.

13. UKPoliticsGuy macrumors regular

14. chr1s60 macrumors 68000

chr1s60

I don't think it's a bad logo. Refreshing it in no way means it would look nicer. There are certainly much worse logos out there.

15. fullfast macrumors regular

Just picked my pair up from Apple Covent Garden, London.....apart from the initial issues with paying for them....the sound I can confirm is really clear, crisp and with a load of depth to the sound......

Lets see how they go over the next couple of days

16. c.leonard66h macrumors regular

does it come with the 3 months Apple Music as forums say?

17. TallGuyGT macrumors 6502

TallGuyGT

I was able to order them in black for in-store pickup today. The YouTube reviews have been good, so I thought I'd give them a try.

18. Brucewaynnee macrumors newbie

Not special just convenient.

19. redhanded macrumors newbie

Ordered! (white) Picking up from Apple Store in London White City later today.

20. Kabeyun macrumors 68020

Kabeyun

Calling out gratuitous rudeness.

21. Dranix macrumors 65816

22. mrklaw macrumors 68020

wondering whether these or the airpods? My current Backbeat gos are annoying with the cable snagging on my shirt collar when walking to/from the station each day - so the airpods seem more practical, but I use skip forwards a lot for podcasts so losing that would be really annoying.

23. ryanwarsaw macrumors 68020

ryanwarsaw

Do these things access Siri and can they pick up calls? Maybe a dumb question but I simply don't know. I hated Siri controls when I first got my Airpods but now have found it very useful in some ways. If these have in line controls and Siri I would consider them.

24. triton100 macrumors 6502

Better than airpods in a quiet location ?

What's the fit like ?

25. mrklaw macrumors 68020

They should have. even my cheapo sony wired earphones with a simple one button remote can access siri with a long press. So they should at least support that.