Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

triton100

macrumors 6502a
Dec 15, 2010
The moon
It seems like a lot of people are buying both airpods and beats x. Airpods for general use. Beats for gym for noise isolation. Apple sure know how to get people to buy multiple products.

The perfect earphones would be airpods with some kind of beats type fit seal for noise isolation or at least the option of. Then you get the best of both worlds.

But then you wouldn't get people buying two products instead of one. Sneaky ;)

fullfast

macrumors 6502
Mar 24, 2010
does it come with the 3 months Apple Music as forums say?
Sure does....but I think the Apple store made a boo boo....as I got the Apple Music 3 month card separate and then when I opened the box there is another piece in there enabling to claim another 3 months apple music...SWEET....I am not complaining ....very happy friday

Reactions: c.leonard66h

ryanwarsaw

macrumors 68030
Apr 7, 2007
It seems like a lot of people are buying both airpods and beats x. Airpods for general use. Beats for gym for noise isolation. Apple sure know how to get people to buy multiple products.

The perfect earphones would be airpods with some kind of beats type fit seal for noise isolation or at least the option of. Then you get the best of both worlds.

But then you wouldn't get people buying two products instead of one. Sneaky ;)

Well in my case I would give the Airpods away if I bought these. I am wondering what kind of range they have? I love the Airpods but wouldn't mind something that is a step up in audio quality.

Not an urgent need by any means maybe I will wait and see how things progress in the next year. BT5 and all that jazz....

I would never go back to wired headphones after having a BT set.

fullfast

macrumors 6502
Mar 24, 2010
Better than airpods in a quiet location ?

What's the fit like ?
Fit is great....fully charged now .....have put the wings on them (2 pairs included) along with three extra pairs of buds (varying size).....very comfortable....

Oh and the BIG beats sticker like the apple one

Reactions: djlythium

zedsdead

macrumors 68040
Jun 20, 2007
Going to use these as a backup pair and leave them in my bag.

I am addicted to the AirPods at this point, but now I carry those exclusively in my pocket cause they are so small (had powerbeats 2 prior to this, although the inline remote broke a while ago).

I definitely like the way these are designed, but having actual wireless earbuds has really changed how much I use them (that coupled with the W1 chip which allows quick switching between Apple products).

Reactions: OddyOh

triton100

macrumors 6502a
Dec 15, 2010
The moon
Fit is great....fully charged now .....have put the wings on them (2 pairs included) along with three extra pairs of buds (varying size).....very comfortable....

Oh and the BIG beats sticker like the apple one
Agh so annoying to have to go back to wired earbuds but I'll probably buy these too. The airpods let in too much noise at the gym and I can't get into the 'zone' when I'm working out. I guess I'll pop over to the Covent Garden store today then if they're in stock there

fullfast

macrumors 6502
Mar 24, 2010
Agh so annoying to have to go back to wired earbuds but I'll probably buy these too. The airpods let in too much noise at the gym and I can't get into the 'zone' when I'm working out. I guess I'll pop over to the Covent Garden store today then if they're in stock there
I would move quick as I got there for 10am and they were flying off.....
[doublepost=1486728700][/doublepost]
Erm.... for those of you who bought BeatsX, how do they sound? :)
Sound great.....I also have the Bose QC35....but after a couple of friends have had them snatched off their head, only use them inside or while travelling now....such a shame.....however...these I would say are on a par with them

Reactions: VulchR

Ubuntu

macrumors 68020
Jul 3, 2005
UK/US
I would move quick as I got there for 10am and they were flying off.....
[doublepost=1486728700][/doublepost]
Sound great.....I also have the Bose QC35....but after a couple of friends have had them snatched off their head, only use them inside or while travelling now....such a shame.....however...these I would say are on a par with them

Did they have many in the Covent Garden store? Tempted to try my luck tomorrow as my pickup at White City has been postponed due to an error.

Johnny907

macrumors 68000
Sep 20, 2014
Beats X is not sweat-proof.
Neither are PowerBeats. I'm on my second pair of 3's after warranty replacing 3 pairs of 2's. Sweat rolls off your ear down the cord and into the inline remote shorting it out. It's a well know design flaw that Apple is well aware of, and they've been cool about replacing them every time they crap out on me.
Long story short, if your main motivation for getting a set is because they are sweatproof, you should look elsewhere.

theadz01

macrumors member
Mar 7, 2004
London

I was at Covent Garden at 10.20am and they had all gone. Regent Street had sold out too

fatboyslick

macrumors regular
Jun 23, 2010
Not sure if im getting my values correct, but these are cheaper on the UK site, even without the VAT added on for the US version

It's usually the other way around and would be even more so with the value of the $ being much stronger than the £

Or am i confused?

UKPoliticsGuy

macrumors regular
May 3, 2009
Why is this not available on Amazon?
[doublepost=1486729641][/doublepost]
Not sure if im getting my values correct, but these are cheaper on the UK site, even without the VAT added on for the US version

It's usually the other way around and would be even more so with the value of the $ being much stronger than the £

Or am i confused?

I think you're right. Tim's meeting with May clearly paid off!

Reactions: fatboyslick

SoN1NjA

macrumors 68020
Feb 3, 2016
So happy to finally replace my Lightning EarPods
I couldn't use them with my work computer, and I couldn't couldn't charge my 6s and listen to music, and my Apple Watch was lonely

Anyone who has them, can you tell me how bad other people can hear your music? with EarPods if you turn the volume up in a quiet place other's can hear your music (a reason I don't buy headphones, as well as the ridiculous look)
Not saying I expect to have the volume at full blast in a quiet room and nobody can hear it, but I have some expectation higher than the EarPods

Brookzy

macrumors 601
May 30, 2010
UK
Ordered two this morning for in store pickup at Covent Garden. But a "system error" meant they were sold to someone else! Wonderful.

Wowereit

macrumors 6502a
Feb 1, 2016
Germany
Still wondering why exactly they were interested in Beats.
There is no technology, it's just branding and Apple has a stronger brand themselves.
Establishing Apple as a headphone brand wouldn't have taken too long.

tridley68

macrumors 68000
Aug 28, 2014
Over priced and much better options out there I will stick with my Sony xtra bass.

SoN1NjA

macrumors 68020
Feb 3, 2016
If you guys don't like the current color options, the BeatsX are getting sports colors (the gray and bright yellow, blue, and pink) treatment

Brookzy

macrumors 601
May 30, 2010
UK
Just picked my pair up from Apple Covent Garden, London.....apart from the initial issues with paying for them....the sound I can confirm is really clear, crisp and with a load of depth to the sound......

Lets see how they go over the next couple of days
Hehe, those "issues with paying" must have been because they were meant to be reserved for in-store pickup! Covent Garden said they sold mine to someone else... so that could've been you! Haha, how comfortable are they? Enjoy them! :p

Juicy Box

macrumors 604
Sep 23, 2014
BeatsX are different from the AirPods in a few small ways,

Thanks to the cable, however, BeatsX includes in-line remote control media playback

Does this also mean you can control the volume during phone calls? IMO, this isn't a "small" difference. This makes BeatsX far superior to the AirPods.

I was going to get the AirPods before I found out you couldn't adjust the volume during phone calls.

Reactions: V.K.

iCarabma

macrumors 6502
Feb 22, 2012
I've been waiting for these.

I got a pair of AirPods and returned them. They are a great product, but not for me. They only fell out like 3 times the the 3 weeks I had them, but each time was nearly catastrophic. Once on the subway platform, once into the washing machine...

And when you take them out the music stops playing. That's brilliant. But then you are holding this thing. Put in your pocket and the music starts back. My life is full of moments that I suddenly have to focus on something for 30 seconds at a time. I like the idea these just hang around your neck.

I also tried the Powerbeats 3. I liked them a lot too. But ultimately found them too bulky and uncomfortable.

Here's hoping this porridge is just right.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.