'Beheading' horror in London street

miloblithe

macrumors 68020
Nov 14, 2003
Washington, DC
Craziness. It will be interesting to see what their "complicated private" issue was. Somehow I doubt it's anything that makes much sense.

PlaceofDis

macrumors Core
Jan 6, 2004
crazy things have been happening all over the place....

guy shoots judge and others in courtroom in Atlanta, GA
guy shoots members of his religious community while at a service, killing seven including himself in Wisconsin

this as well...

what is happening to the world??

crazy lunar cycles going on or what? :confused:

tech4all

macrumors 68040
Jun 13, 2004
NorCal
That's just sick. I stopped reading after that graphic description about the head. Hope justice is served. :mad: :(

Blue Velvet

Moderator emeritus
Jul 4, 2004
It will be interesting to hear the background story behind this -- it's extremely unlikely to be a random attack even with what the attacker allegedly said afterwards...

Question is: what could have possibly enraged the attacker to the extent of wanting to brutally slay someone in broad daylight on an open city street?

The UK tabloids will have a small field-day with this tomorrow.

Blue Velvet

Moderator emeritus
Jul 4, 2004
mpw said:
Call me a cynic but I very much doubt it will be.
Being banged up for the rest of your life drugged to the eyeballs in a psychiatric institution or in solitary confinement is a real easy ride, a bundle of laughs, a summer holiday... :rolleyes:

mpw

Jun 18, 2004
Blue Velvet said:
Being banged up for the rest of your life drugged to the eyeballs in a psychiatric institution or in solitary confinement is a real easy ride, a bundle of laughs, a summer holiday... :rolleyes:
Is that what the authorities are doing with the perpetrator of this crime?

I have to admit to only reading the linked story quite quickly and didn’t realize someone had been charged with a crime, been before a court plead a case one way or the other, had judgment passed and been sentenced to the above description.

I take back my cynicism and applaud the British legal system for it’s swift action even if I’m still not sure that would pass for justice.

Lacero

macrumors 604
Jan 20, 2005
Looking by the blood spray, he didn't sharpen his axe. Too bad for the residents though, this is burnt in their minds forever.

wdlove

macrumors P6
Oct 20, 2002
That is such a heinous crime. So unimaginable to use a axe on a human being. The suffering and pain must have been horrific. My prayers go out to the victims family and friends.

:(

Blackheart

macrumors 6502a
Mar 13, 2004
Seattle
I'd have probably run him through with my car... then again, not having been in that situation before (thank god) I can't be sure.

Lacero

macrumors 604
Jan 20, 2005
Yeah. I thought English people kill each other socially through gossip and snide british-accented remarks.

cb911

macrumors 601
Mar 12, 2002
BrisVegas, Australia
whoa! :eek:

that is crazy... and from the article it seems like that's a fairly upmarket part of town.

well i wonder which violent videogame or movie made that person do that. :rolleyes:

Suspended
Jun 22, 2001
My mother and I were talking about this and the victim was in his 60's and had sexually abused the purpetrator since he was a child. (http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/london/4352009.stm)

Doesn't mention the abuse in that article but she works at one of the branches of a restaurant this guy works at.

Certainly puts a VERY different spin on it. I highly doubted somebody would randomly attack with such directed brutality.