Being seen with a 6...

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by nouveau-apple, Dec 14, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nouveau-apple macrumors 6502a

I'm about to get the iPhone 6. It's a very, insanely popular phone right now. And I'd just want to know if I'd be safe using one out in the open. And have you had any problems with this?

2. cambookpro macrumors 603

cambookpro

Millions of people have one, it's not exactly a very rare or elusive item. Just use common sense - don't put it in your back pocket on public transport or walking around, and don't go out of your way to show it off in public.

3. sunking101 macrumors 603

sunking101

Unless you have the 6+ which is instantly obvious due to its size, an iPhone6 in a case will look like many other phones. Only if you wave it around will people actually notice what it is. Keep it pocketed whilst walking around in dodgy areas and don't pull it out in front of hoodlums.#

4. nouveau-apple thread starter macrumors 6502a

I live in a pretty wealthy community but there's also the not-so-nice around a few corners. I can't say how well I would be able to hide it. Because I always have my phone out.

I tend to flaunt it a little.

5. The Doctor11 macrumors 603

The Doctor11

Only problem is a few hundred people will ask you if you if its a 6 plus.

6. nouveau-apple thread starter macrumors 6502a

It's not an elusive item but everyone knows that the Gold one isn't for everybody. Only the higher income are able to use a gold iPhone with a sense of belonging.

7. cambookpro macrumors 603

cambookpro

Followed shortly after by 'Is it bent yet?'.

----------

Right...

So what do you say to the millions who bought a gold iPhone yet are obviously not entitled to it as they're not part of the 'higher income'? :rolleyes:

8. nouveau-apple thread starter macrumors 6502a

I'm just a little scared that it might bend

because I wear tight pants sometimes and I even thought I might bent my 5c

You can feel the pressure

The people who like the gold one are the same people who wear designer. Chanel, Michael Kors. A person that doesn't care wouldn't actually want a gold iPhone.

It came down to that choice for me. I knew I couldn't get a gold one because I'm just not at that level.

9. Brdl04 macrumors regular

Brdl04

Don't go out in public with it. You must stay indoors. Preferably in the dark.

10. cambookpro macrumors 603

cambookpro

I'm not sure I quite follow that logic. Sure, if it was a 24k gold plated iPhone studded with diamonds, perhaps. But it's just a colour. It's just a slightly different dye used in the anodisation process.

If you like the colour, get a gold one. People who judge you on the colour of your phone are the people you should want to avoid anyway.

11. Arran macrumors 68040

Arran

Oh I know, I know. Those "wealthy communities" are full of really dodgy types. Makes you wonder how they got their wealth.

I much prefer my country estate with 20 miles of dense woodland between me and my nearest neighbour. The surface to air missiles help too ;)

12. nouveau-apple thread starter macrumors 6502a

I wish. The estates are always the best. As long as nobody knows about them. If you're wealth you always become a target

13. bboucher790 Suspended

bboucher790

Let this be a lesson...

Purchasing an iPhone 6 + changed my life. I woke up the next day with a Ferrari, a new girlfriend, and a taste for fine wine.

Sent from my iPhone in the Bahamas while drinking a Pina Colada

14. jpeg42 macrumors 6502a

jpeg42

15. Poisonivy326 macrumors 6502

This might come as a shock to you but the iPhone 6 is not such a premium item that the average Joe can't afford it. I live in NYC and people of all incomes, nationalities, ethnicities, and from all neighborhoods carry an iphone 6. Just be careful, as you would with any of your valuables.

16. nouveau-apple thread starter macrumors 6502a

It's not that they can't afford it. It's just that they're not likely to buy it.

17. chrfr macrumors 603

I'm not sure how you arrived at your theory, but it's incorrect.

18. jeremiah239 macrumors 6502a

jeremiah239

Yeah maybe because it's ugly.

Sent from my iPhone 6+ 128gb space gray.

19. nouveau-apple thread starter macrumors 6502a

In my experience certain people have the gold. That's managers and men who are into fashion, and generally more stylish.

Not to say that other people arent getting the gold and that you can't be into fashion and not have a gold iPhone

20. Pharmscott macrumors 6502a

Pharmscott

21. lakaiordie macrumors 65816

i woke up in a new Bugatti the day after.

----------

lol you mean superficial people who need to show off to feel better about themselves because they're sad inside?

22. dontwalkhand macrumors 601

dontwalkhand

Is this a troll thread? I use my iPhone everywhere, bus, train, parking garages, and nobody even bats an eye. The only time someone acts very interested in my iPhone is when I'm using Apple Pay, and usually the cashier is amazed, as with the person behind me in line.

23. Technarchy macrumors 603

Technarchy

If this is a concern in the slightest, stop buying phones and move instead.

24. Sosab123 macrumors member

The iPhone 6 plus looks like a regular phone in most cases but I've been asked a few times if the phone I'm using is an iPhone. But outside of that if ur in a bad area don't pull it out or try to make yourself look like a target and you'll be okay

25. lakaiordie macrumors 65816

yea, most people actually really don't care. unless you get the 6 plus then people might ask (but probably not) if its the plus and be like "oh wow thats big, cool". and then move on with their day.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.