Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Poisonivy326

macrumors 6502
Nov 25, 2012
I don't get it. You say you have an iphone 6. And an iphone 5c as a backup. Are you asking whether it's safe for you to get your "backup backup" iphone 6?

I'd say with three phones at your disposal, you're good to go.

Zxxv

macrumors 68040
Nov 13, 2011
UK
If your worried that much that someone will rob you for it maybe you should move lol. I have never once been worried about someone trying to take my iphone 6 from me. Sure if I left it sitting around I am sure someone would grab it. But it stay's glued to my hand's most the time and in my pocket the rest or beside my bed when I sleep..

theres your answer, super glue

spinedoc77

macrumors G4
Jun 11, 2009
In this economy? Ok. Not expensive? Ok.

The iPhone is quite expensive. Just like the Macs.

If it was any more expensive it would become non-discretionary

They are expensive to buy outright, but cheap to finance, ie: next/jump program or contract subsidized. Cheap isn't exactly the right word because you still pay the same price, more like the expense is spread out over a long period of time. So this makes it affordable to almost anyone. Thus what normally is a very expensive phone can be in the hands of almost anyone. My point being that $50 up front and $30 a month is pretty much throw away money especially when you factor in that to have a cell phone plan you have to buy a phone anyway.

----------

iPhone thefts are down 20% in the UK because of how easy it is to brick them and the introduction of Touch ID. This was discussed on our news as recently as a few days ago.

Good point, cell phones get harder and harder to steal every year.

maflynn

macrumors Haswell
May 3, 2009
[MOD NOTE]
I think we're done here based on the past few responses.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.