Belkin Halts Sales of 'InvisiGlass Ultra' Screen Protector for iPhone X Following Widespread Customer Complaints

Discussion in 'iOS Blog Discussion' started by MacRumors, Dec 22, 2017.

1. bushman4 macrumors 68000

Belkin Reps are not too swift. They give you a case number and that’s it. They DO NOT say whether we’re going to receive a replacement. The girl didn’t even ask for my address. No I’m not
    Kidding.
    Have to think twice before buying any BELKIN products. If they don’t care about the customer why buy their product especially when it’s inferior

2. bedrock718 macrumors newbie

bedrock718

Have gone through two protectors in the past week, and I am super careful & smart with my phone. When I went to Apple today (Christmas Eve) to get another installed, the Apple Genius quickly told me they were OOS. Ended up ordering a 3 pack on Amazon for $9.99 and purchased an Anti Glare protector to use in the mean time. Hopefully Apple will offer some sort of refund/replacement for these screen protectors... $39.99 is just too much, even with the perfect installation.

3. simonmet, Dec 25, 2017
    Last edited: Dec 25, 2017

simonmet macrumors 68000

simonmet

Even the standard thicker glass protectors from Belkin can crack fairly easily from drops, but these ultra-thin protectors sound horrible.

The standard glass protector feels great, but the size is manufactured to only cover the screen exactly which means you get this annoying refractive multi-coloured glow around the edge of the protector. The tight tolerances are why they need a machine to put it on because it has to line up perfectly to even cover the screen. Just half a millimetre of buffer on each side would fix that, but I guess the company is trying to use Tim Cook-levels of efficiency to maximise profit.

4. kaielement macrumors 65816

Zagg are amazing been using their glass for years no problem and if you did have any their customer service is on point and replace it out for you if you live near kiosk it's pretty easy to get replaced for six bucks

5. dampfnudel macrumors 68030

I’ve avoided Belkin for awhile now. While some of their products are decent, I know from personal experience that their customer service is definitely not.

6. DH93 macrumors newbie

I just got a new one a week ago because mine cracked when my iPhone X was falling wildly. Good news: The screen protector did his job and protected the iPhone X screen, but the Belkin Glass cracked of course.

I had an Belkin Screen Protector on my iPhone 7 and it never ever cracked.

7. TDOB macrumors newbie

They are still installing them at my Apple store as of last night. Both of my kids had them installed with the machine. I asked about a recall and they said they sent back several boxes to Belkin and they have been replaced with a new ones.

8. Buran macrumors 6502

Buran

Protector cracked the day before I read that article. I'm in the US and hard of hearing. So of course the email options say "We'll ignore you if you're American". Why do Europeans get email support and we get phone only at their convenience with regards to hours?

Looks like I'll be making a trip to the Apple Store to ask for a refund/replacement. Fortunately, I have the receipt in my email archive.

Does Best Buy have an installation machine? I usually have bad luck installing protectors so I want a pro to do it.

9. bmb.04, Jan 10, 2018
    Last edited: Jan 14, 2018

bmb.04 macrumors member

bmb.04

Any news on when the revised 2nd version will be released?

10. u49aa2 macrumors 6502a

u49aa2

I was wondering the same? mine got cracked too, Belkin tried to sell me the cheaper version with lightening cable as an add on but i asked to wait for the new version

11. mzr55 macrumors newbie

12. nickpro macrumors regular

Just got the updated version installed at the Apple Store yesterday. So far so good

13. Buran macrumors 6502

Buran

Forgot to note that I did get a replacement installed. No charge - known issue.

14. BomexM3 macrumors newbie

15. Buran macrumors 6502

Buran

16. tridley68 macrumors 6502

tridley68

17. SDColorado macrumors 65816

SDColorado

My original one is finally stating to crack after 5 months use. Not sure whether to try a Gen 2 or something else next.

18. tridley68 macrumors 6502

tridley68

The only reason I went with a second gen one was that I complained to them so much that they sent me one for free and I had to send the broken one to them or I would have been looking for some other kind.

19. Radeon85 macrumors 6502

Had my original one installed in September last year, still looks brand new, even under a bright lamp it still looks flawless.

20. walds11 macrumors 6502a

Had my installed at Apple store mid-February. Holding up very nicely. No complaints.