MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Belkin announced today that it has introduced a new lineup of Lightning to USB clip-on fashion accessories in time for the back to school season. The new MIXIT charging cables for iPhone, iPad and iPod touch are available now in three designs: a leather tassel, a braided USB clip and a metallic keychain.

Belkin-MIXIT.jpg

The MIXIT Lightning to USB Tassel has a chic design made from natural leather and clips onto a bag, purse or luggage for on-the-go use. The accessory is designed to hide the Lightning and USB connectors behind the tassel cords, available in four different colors: fog, camel, coral and black. The 2.4A charging cable is approximately 7 inches long.

The MIXIT Lightning to USB Clip is a more simplistic accessory with a metallic keychain and soft cover that slides down to protect the Lightning to USB connector. The 2.4A charger has a braided cable with a multicolored weave and a color-matched mounting loop, sliding cover and cable connector heads. The clip is available in four color combinations.

The MIXIT Lightning to USB Keychain has a metallic loop at the top with an aluminum body that houses a Lightning to USB connector that rotates 360 degrees for charging from all angles and added protection. The 2.4A charger also bends up to 90 degrees itself and is available in five colors: fog, silver, gold, pink and blue.

MIXIT charging cables can be purchased from Belkin's website and Target for $34.99 each.

Article Link: Belkin Launches MIXIT Lightning to USB Keychain Chargers

okboy

macrumors regular
Oct 9, 2010
I personally wish Apple didn't carry Belkin and that they didn't get reported on. Anything Belkin I've bought has been terrible. I bought a USB hub that stopped working after a few months, and a router that only seemed to allow 10 or so connections at once across all devices. So absolutely no torrenting or gaming, basically.

Reactions: Zakzilla
Comment

Moorepheus

macrumors 6502
Sep 13, 2012
Niagara Falls, NY
Interesting idea, but with the LIGHTNING Cable, they tend to corrode, in my experience, on the lightning port side. Every cable I have purchased at the APPLE STORE or on APPLES website, every single one has corrosion on the lightning prongs. In fact, even the cables that came with my 5 and 6+ corrode. Once my phone won't charge, I have to buy a new one. I can see these being no different and now they are being carried around with you, probably out in the open, only going to make it occur even faster...

Comment

troyseph

macrumors newbie
Aug 16, 2015
NYC
Interesting idea, but with the LIGHTNING Cable, they tend to corrode, in my experience, on the lightning port side. Every cable I have purchased at the APPLE STORE or on APPLES website, every single one has corrosion on the lightning prongs. In fact, even the cables that came with my 5 and 6+ corrode. Once my phone won't charge, I have to buy a new one. I can see these being no different and now they are being carried around with you, probably out in the open, only going to make it occur even faster...
You are 100% on those lightning cables. I've gone through countless ones.

Comment

zorinlynx

macrumors 604
May 31, 2007
Florida, USA

Take them to the Apple Store. More often than not they will replace it for free.

I've gotten three replaced. I didn't even have to provide my phone's serial number; I just have to say "This doesn't work and looks like it might start a fire" and they put a new one in my hand.

Comment

magicschoolbus

macrumors 68020
May 27, 2014
ill probably buy one.. its expensive but this thing will save my phones life. it's also always dead being that my 5s battery is now a complete POS.

Comment

vdgroodt

macrumors member
Jun 1, 2014
Belgium
Wow, nice concept, but not really manly. Some in space grey or gun metal would have been cool. And 35$ damnn

Comment

SnarkyBear

macrumors regular
Apr 24, 2014
I personally wish Apple didn't carry Belkin and that they didn't get reported on. Anything Belkin I've bought has been terrible. I bought a USB hub that stopped working after a few months, and a router that only seemed to allow 10 or so connections at once across all devices. So absolutely no torrenting or gaming, basically.

Belkin puts pretty first, and functionality second. That makes them perfect bait for far too many Apple users.

Comment

s0nicpr0s

macrumors regular
Sep 1, 2010
Illinois
Am I the only one who is still using the original lightning cable that came with my iPad Air? It has a kink in it near the lightning end, but has no issue actually charging either way.

Comment

RMo

macrumors 65816
Aug 7, 2007
Iowa, USA
USB-c version......

Why? So you have to carry around an adapter for the keychain (because, let's face it, you'll find USB A ports everywhere and USB C ports...almost nowhere at the moment) in order to be able use it despite the fact that the exact point of the keychain is, presumably, not needing to worry about having your cables with you?

Personally, at this price, I'd rather just buy one of those 3- or 4-in. cables from Amazon or Monoprice and carry it with me if I thought I'd need it--and you can get 2 or 3 of them for the price Belkin is charging for this.

Comment

Moorepheus

macrumors 6502
Sep 13, 2012
Niagara Falls, NY
Take them to the Apple Store. More often than not they will replace it for free.

I've gotten three replaced. I didn't even have to provide my phone's serial number; I just have to say "This doesn't work and looks like it might start a fire" and they put a new one in my hand.

Next time I visit the store to buy one, I will take my bad cable with me, see if that works. However, I have resorted to the off brand cheaper cables for $6 as Walmart, if they last as long as the original Apple cable, then I am better off.

Thanks for the advice

Comment

nostaws

macrumors 6502
Jan 14, 2006
I bought a Belkin car charger while on vacation about two years ago. It has been a tank. I have gone through a lot of other chargers in my other car. Where I live, during the summer it gets pretty hot (110+). I have lost multiple cables and chargers to the heat. But my Belkin cable and car charger have kept working.

Comment

big-ted

macrumors regular
Feb 24, 2013
UK
Until Apple start putting a fuel cell in their phones, this is going be a must have for me to get my phone through the day

Comment

Böhme417

macrumors 6502a
Mar 11, 2009

What are you people doing with your cables?! I must just be very lucky and every cable I've ever owned has just been among the exceptionally made ones... :rolleyes:

I've never had any Apple cable I've owned fail, corrode, fray, etc. from iBook/PowerBook/MacBook Pro/30-pin/lightning cables. Nothing.

Comment

Rocketman

macrumors 603
What are you people doing with your cables?! I must just be very lucky and every cable I've ever owned has just been among the exceptionally made ones... :rolleyes:

I've never had any Apple cable I've owned fail, corrode, fray, etc. from iBook/PowerBook/MacBook Pro/30-pin/lightning cables. Nothing.
Every powerbook cable I have had frayed resulting not in plug repair but unit replacement. I have had a dozen 30 pin cables fray, and only one break. The Chinese knockoffs actually have better end design so they fray less. 30% are DOA however. 1/8 the cost.

I would like to see apple focus more on people UI and keep the software UI. Longer battery life, stronger cabling since they get physically used a lot. That sort of thing. Better moisture resistance.

Comment
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.