Carrier Best Buy 2018 New iPhone Pre-Order Thread

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by iFJM, Sep 7, 2018.

1. iFJM Suspended

iFJM

Welcome to the thread for the Best Buy 2018 iPhone pre-order thread.

If the rumors and leaks are true; which iPhone will you be getting? And are you using the Best Buy App, BestBuy.com, Preordering at a Best Buy store or just camping out on launch day.

Let us know.

This thread will be updated on new information when the New iPhones are launched.

Official Apple Announcement September 12, 2018.

If everything is true I’m going for the highest GB iPhone(even though I don’t need it), the largest phone size and the gold color.

2. titrau macrumors 65816

titrau

3. Jonathan.AppleFan Suspended

Jonathan.AppleFan

Anyone ordering from Best Buy. Don’t see any deals.

4. titrau macrumors 65816

titrau

bestbuy behind this yrs ??? nothing come up , they delay or something ????

5. mtulman1 macrumors regular

They finally added the watch section for coming soon so they will probably add the phone.

6. Jonathan.AppleFan Suspended

Jonathan.AppleFan

If you search the phones it says coming soon too.

7. gadgetfreaky macrumors 65816

I ordered from Best Buy Last year and they promised launch day pickup. Didn't come for two weeks, walked over on launch day to Apple store and picked it up. Best Buy also wanted like an extra $100 bucks or something.
    I stopped buying anything from them after that.
    DONT ORDER FROM THEM - you have been warned

8. uttrekr macrumors member

Epic FAIL for Best Buy tonight. The "coming soon" didn't change at 12AM Pacific nor after a few minutes of refreshing/starting from the top. Ended up ordering at Apple within minutes. Fortunately it seems either Apple had the inventory or I was fast enough as the Order shows Sep 21 (at least for now).

9. Virgo macrumors 6502a

Virgo

It won't let me pre-order.. it tells me "Pre-order now".. then once I choose the one I want, it says "Coming Soon" no matter what I pick. :/ get it together, Best Buy!

10. kaikaidragonz macrumors newbie

11. rufas2000 macrumors member

rufas2000

Well I ordered through the app. I ordered an iPhone XS Max 512 Gig (Space Grey) for me and the iPhone XS 64 Gig (Gold) for my mom. Receive date says the 21st for both. Verizon was going to delay until early October as was Apple (up at 4 AM EST doing this). I also ordered the Apple Watch 4 Cell version. Ship date (as opposed to receive date) says the 21st.

I usually haven't had Best Buy miss their estimated dates. The other two options would have delayed the XS Max (at least from what they estimated) so lets see how BB does. And I have Best Buy credit that doesn't work elsewhere (yet, the card is supposed to become a real CC soon).

12. titrau macrumors 65816

titrau

i go att preorder since bestbuy delay hour
    dont know att promise good or not /

13. numb3rmonkey macrumors regular

numb3rmonkey

Just put my Pre-Order through. Email says, "Get it by Fri, Sep. 21st." Fingers crossed.

14. Iusername20 macrumors regular

Just pre ordered for in stor pickup. XS 256 gb Gold. Hoping for release day pick up as it says.

15. gadgetfreaky macrumors 65816

Best Buy doesn't actually guarantee those dates. order elsewhere as a backup is my advice.

16. slippery-pete macrumors 65832

slippery-pete

No idea why anyone leverages Best Buy for preorders. Look back at posts from previous years, they don't deliver on their promises very often.

17. numb3rmonkey macrumors regular

numb3rmonkey

I like to learn the hard way.

18. rufas2000 macrumors member

rufas2000

The delivery dates I was getting from Apple & Verizon for the XS Max 512 GB were in October so I went with the promise that might be broken over the declared we are going to ship these later than you would like.

Not to mention that I had available Best Buy credit for the taxes and such. If I bet wrong I’ll know better next time. They shipped the NES Classic on the day that was promised and I got the new Sony 1000 XM 3 Bluetooth headphones the day before they said (not a iPhone or NES Classic level shortage but still back ordered). So they’ve built up a bit of good will for me so far ...

19. superfuzz macrumors member

superfuzz

So I did this...but now im nervous reading this. I chose store pickup because it easy and since the verizon dates slipped a few weeks...

20. Iusername20 macrumors regular

I did store pickup because there’s no guarentee what time I will be home on that day (have a deposition). Let’s hope for the best.

21. csi24 macrumors regular

csi24

I see the full price option on their website. Did Best Buy bring back the option for an unlocked, full price option? Or is Apple still the only way?

22. slippery-pete macrumors 65832

slippery-pete

Good luck
    --- Post Merged, Sep 14, 2018 ---
    Hope they deliver for you. Good luck

23. titrau macrumors 65816

titrau

Really disappointed BB this year . they didnt come up preorder at right time , so i decide choose att , and after woke up in the morning then i saw they start, they should make same time as apple/att .com

24. darrelldwllms macrumors member

So I just preordered today for my iPhone XS Max 256GB for AT&T and my card was charged instantly, is that normal?

25. Dld23 macrumors member

Just ordered today at 2pm and said delivery by 21st. Havent been charged yet, says pre-ordered status. I hope they deliver thursday so Ill be home. Will Fedex leave in my shed if I leave a note?