best buy faq from the forum

Discussion in 'iPad' started by ogoodness, Mar 7, 2011.

1. ogoodness macrumors newbie

The all-new thinner and lighter design makes iPad 2 even more comfortable to hold. It's even more powerful with the dual-core A5 chip, yet has the same 10 hours of battery life. With two cameras, you can make FaceTime video calls, record HD video and put a twist on your snapshots in Photo Booth. And the iPad Smart Cover attaches magnetically and wakes up, stands up and brightens up your iPad 2.

When will the iPad 2 be available at Best Buy?
    5:00 p.m. local time on Friday, March 11th, 2011. In stores only.

Will there be a pre-order available?
    No.

What different iPad 2 models will be available?
    Black and white versions of 16GB, 32GB and 64GB with wifi only as well as respective versions for Verizon 3G or AT&T 3G.

What will the price of the iPad 2 be?
    Wifi: 16GB $499.99. 32GB $599.99. 64GB $699.99.
    3G: 16GB $629.99. 32GB $729.99. 64GB $829.99.

Will iPad 2 accessories be available?
    Yes. We also expect the iPad 2 smart covers to be available as well.

Will Geek Squad Black Tie Protection (GSBTP) be available for the iPad 2?
    Yes, we offer two GSBTP plans for the iPad and iPad 2, a standard and an ADH (accidental damage from handling) plan for coverage up to three years from date of purchase. Prices for GSBTP vary depending on which plan is purchased, see stores for details.

Will Buy Back be available for the iPad 2?
    Yes, Buy Back will be available for the iPad 2 and will guarantee a trade-in price for up to two years from purchase. If both GSBTP and Buy Back are purchased at the same time, you will receive 50% of the price of Buy Back.

This FAQ will be expanded as additional facts become available and is subject to change.

2. No1up macrumors regular

Called my best buy I was told they would sell iPads when they open the store..

3. urkel macrumors 68030

Standard info. The big question is whether or not there will be a ticket system like they usually do so you dont have to obsess over line placement. They did it on iPad launch last year but it didnt matter because there were only 5 people in line.

4. r2fa3l macrumors regular

Not calling you a liar or anything.
    But I REALLY doubt that.
    There's NO WAY Apple is letting
    Best Buy/anyone else sell them earlier.
    But who knows. I'll give them a call

5. Goldinboy17 macrumors 65816

Goldinboy17

My local stores said they'd start selling them as soon as they arrive (UPS delivery Friday).

6. No1up macrumors regular

When i told her the apple store won't sell them till 5 she said, that's apple, we do our own thing....

I don't know, she could be full of it.. I'll call again closer to launch.

7. orlandocano macrumors regular

Actually.. my best buy said the same thing! (my good friend is the stockroom manager)

8. fishcube macrumors 6502

Our local BB manager said they will be selling them at 10am when they open. I asked about vouchers, and he said they didn't plan on using them, but would see what the morning brings. I'm sure they will use vouchers if a line develops before 10am.

9. i eversaw macrumors regular

i eversaw

Just called my local BB and they said they would also be selling them when they open. They haven't received the truck, which leads me to believe that most BBs that say they will sell them at opening Friday aren't familiar with the 5:00 pm release time. I'm sure the shipments will be marked with a HOLD UNTIL 5:00 pm FRIDAY MARCH 11 or something like that.

10. r2fa3l macrumors regular

oh ok. thanks for clearing it up. awkward apple allows it.
    cuz last time i bought ipad 1, they had the stock. they just couldn't sell it? so i had to go like 2 days after
    i'll call my bestbuy for more info.

11. jhiner macrumors regular

This +1.

The Apple guy at my Best Buy said if Apple is selling them at 5pm, then you'd better believe Best Buy won't be selling them a minute before then.

12. Goaliegeek macrumors 6502a

Goaliegeek

Called my bb and they guy said they dont have any times or plans for the launch. (Littleton, co) Hopefully they dont go on sale until 5pm. got a few hours scheduled off from work that day to go.

13. Davichi macrumors 6502

Best buy employees do not necessarily follow apple's instructions. They are not owned by apple and they are not always educated the way the apple employees do.

14. mo0620 macrumors regular

When I used to work at circuit city, when a new release came out, the system would not allow that item from being sold until a certain time, so even if an employee grabs an ipad 2 to ring u out, the system will probably throw an error at him.

15. Knowimagination macrumors 68000

Knowimagination

BB will not sell them before 5pm.. if they do they are making a mistake as they will probably get in trouble for it.

Also shipments of apple products come in via UPS which probably won't arrive until friday. As far as I have heard they also have not released any official launch details for their employees so anything you hear from an employee is probably a stock answer they have come up with because they are tired of receiving a million iPad 2 calls per day.

16. dstar macrumors regular

I wouldn't be surprised if best buy started selling them immediately. It wouldn't be the first time they ignored a companies wishes. Most recently when Nikon introduced the D7000 best buy started selling them a few days before they were supposed to. But, it may vary store to store.

17. Julien macrumors G3

Julien

STOP bringing factual logic into all of the fantasies spurred by an "official" statement by an ill-informed BB employe. Even if it contradicts BB and more importantly Apple official policy.

There is NO WAY BB will allow a regester to scan the UPC on a single iPad 2 before 5:00PM no matter what any employee says or wants.

18. jedolley macrumors 68000

19. urkel macrumors 68030

since wen is the policies of a competing chain that went bankrupt 5 years ago considered a "fact"?

as for best buy following rules, I've bought many products before they were "officially" released. As much as it may upset apple, apple stores are not everywhere yet so they need best buy more than best buy needs them.

20. jreuschl macrumors 6502

FYI: Target has confirmed that the iPad availability will be at 5PM on Friday.

21. Julien, Mar 7, 2011
    Last edited: Mar 7, 2011

Julien macrumors G3

Julien

Apple needs Best Buy :confused: What a ridicules statement. :D

Apple is notorious for permanently blacklisting when you even slightly bend one of their rules and BB knows their place (they need Apple for in store foot traffic) and won't dare violate Apple policy.

22. Mystikal macrumors 68020

Mystikal

Best Buy will not sell early. The street date is 5 PM and its 5 PM for every store.

23. tomandshell macrumors regular

I'm guessing that the 5pm launch makes it fair for all of the retailers who will be receiving their shipments at various times throughout the day. Best Buy can't start selling them at 10am if the truck doesn't pull up until after lunch. By 5:00, everybody should have their inventory and be ready to go. The manager at BB is going to be ticked if his/her supply is still out for delivery on the truck and word gets out that Target has started selling theirs at noon.

24. mo0620 macrumors regular

*2 years ago

25. melman101 macrumors 68030

NYC - 44th and 5th Ave said they will sell as soon as they open. I somehow don't believe them.

I also waited 40 minutes for Pokemon Black which never came. I really hate Best Buy.