Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Best Buy has the first discounts we've tracked on the brand new M4 iPad Pro, available exclusive to My Best Buy Plus and My Best Buy Total members. If you are a member, you'll find $50 off nearly every model of these new tablets at Best Buy.

iPad-Pro-M4-Silver-and-Space-Black-Feature-Purple.jpg
Note: MacRumors is an affiliate partner with Best Buy. When you click a link and make a purchase, we may receive a small payment, which helps us keep the site running.

With this discount, the 256GB Wi-Fi 11-inch iPad Pro is available for $949.00, down from $999.00. The 256GB Wi-Fi 13-inch iPad Pro is available for $1,249.00, down from $1,299.00. You'll also find the same $50 discounts on higher storage models with the Nano-texture glass option.

Note: You need a My Best Buy Plus/Total membership to see these deals.

Shoppers should note that these are pre-order prices at Best Buy, and the M4 iPad Pro is set to launch next Wednesday. If you're looking for more details about the M4 iPad Pro, be sure to check out our recap article of this week's Apple event. Be sure to visit our full Deals Roundup to shop for even more Apple-related products and accessories.

Article Link: Best Buy Introduces First Discounts on M4 iPad Pro for Members

logics8

macrumors member
Oct 14, 2008
The dealbreaker between me buying from Best Buy vs using the Apple Card financing was the discount + offering Apple Care + for 2 years at no additional charge. Even if I needed to finance it, Best Buy would've offered 24 months over Apple's 12 months.

Macalway

macrumors 68040
Aug 7, 2013
Also, I think you get up to two months return window for some products, or double the normal window, but Apple products may be different. The membership is good at Best Buy if you shop there a lot. The return window alone I've found very useful.

The edu discount beats this though.

Last edited:
Reactions: Jovijoker

Apple_Robert

Contributor
Sep 21, 2012
In the middle of several books.
Best Buy will include 2 years of Apple Care with Total Tech membership so no extra $79.
I get that. A person has to be a member for 2 years to get the AC+ included. That will cost the member $100 in membership to get a $79 product. And if a person isn't already a member, the $50 off deal is a washout with no real savings. This is a smoke and mirror ad for anyone not already a member.

Sevendaymelee

macrumors 6502a
Mar 27, 2016
Yeah, but--since I refuse to buy things from them online--that would mean I have to go into one, and the last time I went into one, it kind of felt like I was going to a funeral. Gone were the rows of music. Gone were the rows of movies. Gone were the rows of video games. Gone was the awesome home stereo room. In their places? A bunch of smart phone crap. Tons and tons of smart phone crap. It was depressing.

beermode

macrumors 6502
Apr 18, 2016
Yeah, but--since I refuse to buy things from them online--that would mean I have to go into one, and the last time I went into one, it kind of felt like I was going to a funeral. Gone were the rows of music. Gone were the rows of movies. Gone were the rows of video games. Gone was the awesome home stereo room. In their places? A bunch of smart phone crap. Tons and tons of smart phone crap. It was depressing.
Im having great experiences with BB the past few years. But they are mostly, buy online and pickup in-store.
I feel like retail space will shift to showrooms that have local pick-ups. I don't wander there as much as I used to since it's just a place for cell phone carriers to setup shop there.

jbachandouris

macrumors 603
Aug 18, 2009
Upstate NY
I get that. A person has to be a member for 2 years to get the AC+ included. That will cost the member $100 in membership to get a $79 product. And if a person isn't already a member, the $50 off deal is a washout with no real savings. This is a smoke and mirror ad for anyone not already a member.
Except that total tech covers multiple products. Not just one.

howywood

macrumors 6502
May 8, 2020
Not to mention that you do get 2 years of Apple Care+**

**Apple Care+ subscription is valid/active for the entire 2 years as long as you have a valid My Best Buy Plus/Total membership.

There's no ****ing way anyone is tracking the latter half of that requirement.

Remy149

macrumors 6502a
Oct 20, 2016
I usually get a discount at Apple through my employer I got $100 of my M3 MacBook Air in store on release day

Gooner49

macrumors demi-god
Jun 26, 2013
Chicago, IL
If someone isn't already a member, this isn't a good deal not to mention AC+ from Apple is $79.
That is absolutely true! Well said.

I should have worded my comment better. What I meant to say was that the article did not reference the AppleCare+ portion, which is what I hinted at.
However, to your point, viewing this purchase as a stand-alone one does not justify the cost of the membership for many folks.

But to me, with two iPad Pros, one iPad Mini, 2 Apple Watches, 2 iPhones, 4 AppleTVs, and one MacBook Pro, (missus and I) the cost of membership alone outweighs the price of AppleCare+ (that is if I purchased them individually).

Also, Best Buy is offering me more for my trade-in. Apple is giving me $510 for a 12.9-inch iPad Pro, while Best Buy offers $577.50.
That plus the 2yr included AppleCare+ (provided you keep the Best Buy Membership), and a $50 discount, Best Buy wins!

Even beating the 'Apple Student Discount + Apple Card Cash Back' option.

**Edits were made due to typos.**

Last edited:
Reactions: JMM0425

Gooner49

macrumors demi-god
Jun 26, 2013
Chicago, IL
There's no ****ing way anyone is tracking the latter half of that requirement.
lol

That may be true. But if you're tech-savvy and financially conscious, you will keep up with it.
The BestBuy App helps you track the AppleCare+ membership due date, and you can purchase additional coverage from them or Apple after the 2-year window expires.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.