Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jdawgnoonan

macrumors 6502a
Apr 22, 2007
Jefferson, WI
I am not a member, but I have a Best Buy credit card, and because of that I was able to get 2 year 0% financing plus 520 dollars of trade in value for my 128GB 12.9" M1 iPad Pro. I now look forward to next Wednesday.

Last edited:

logics8

macrumors member
Oct 14, 2008
I get that. A person has to be a member for 2 years to get the AC+ included. That will cost the member $100 in membership to get a $79 product. And if a person isn't already a member, the $50 off deal is a washout with no real savings. This is a smoke and mirror ad for anyone not already a member.
Except the fact that Apple Care isn't $79 for the pro models.

Per Apple here is the breakdown for the new models.

iPad Pro 13 - $169
iPad Pro 11 - $149
iPad Air 13 - $99
iPad Air 11 - $79

jordanlucero

macrumors newbie
Jul 11, 2023
How did you stack it? I can only add one discount.
I only get offered Financing in the regular store or the education store, the military discount doesn't offer financing at checkout. You should still be able to use Apple Pay Later if you really want to, and you get the 3% back regardless with an Apple Card.

jctevere

macrumors 6502
Feb 7, 2009
This is kind of a big let down, maybe I’m missing something obvious benefit wise but there is honestly nothing enticing me to upgrade.

I have the M1 iPad Pro, Magic Keyboard and Apple Pencil. It’s been working perfectly fine for my use despite being over 3 years old now. Neither my Magic Keyboard and Apple Pencil are compatible with the new iPad Pro, so if I wanted to upgrade, it would be over $2k to get a new setup.

Hefty upgrade price for a thinner design, OLED screen, incremental CPU and GPU bump (which existing M1 has not been an issue at all on iPad given restrictive iPad OS) and slight updates for new Magic Keyboard and pencil pro.

Looks like I’ll be waiting to se what M5 iPad Pro has to offer or significant discounts on an upgrade.

Reactions: MarkDeMoss

ronno

macrumors 6502
Nov 13, 2014

Best Buy has the first discounts we've tracked on the brand new M4 iPad Pro, available exclusive to My Best Buy Plus and My Best Buy Total members. If you are a member, you'll find $50 off nearly every model of these new tablets at Best Buy.

iPad-Pro-M4-Silver-and-Space-Black-Feature-Purple.jpg
Note: MacRumors is an affiliate partner with Best Buy. When you click a link and make a purchase, we may receive a small payment, which helps us keep the site running.

With this discount, the 256GB Wi-Fi 11-inch iPad Pro is available for $949.00, down from $999.00. The 256GB Wi-Fi 13-inch iPad Pro is available for $1,249.00, down from $1,299.00. You'll also find the same $50 discounts on higher storage models with the Nano-texture glass option.

Note: You need a My Best Buy Plus/Total membership to see these deals.

M4 iPad Pro at Best Buy ($50 OFF)

I am stunned that people will spend thousands on an iPad. Seriously scratching my head.

dannyyankou

macrumors G5
Mar 2, 2012
Westchester, NY
ill wait for the back to school sale to start, maybe get a free Pencil Pro too.
I'm guessing it'll be a $150 gift card again. Which will be better because that's more than the value of the pencil. I'm waiting for the back to school sale too, I want to get a new MacBook. I graduated, but Apple doesn't really enforce student verification.

lyngo

macrumors 6502a
Sep 10, 2007
I am not a member, but I have a Best Buy credit card, and because of that I was able to get 2 year 0% financing plus 520 dollars of trade in value for my 128GB 12.9" M1 iPad Pro. I now look forward to next Wednesday.

How? I have a 256GB WiFi and cellular one from 2022 and the Best Buy credit card. I only got $429 for a trade in!

NVDA

macrumors member
Apr 20, 2024
Or you could pay $899.99 with edu pricing from Apple. And no, you don’t need a student email address.

dancefreak

macrumors 6502
Jan 6, 2004
Hermosa Beach, CA
There's some confusing comments in this thread and most of the price comparisons make no sense.

Best Buy Plus does NOT include Apple Care. It just gets you access to discounts like this one and faster shipping and longer return windows. That plan is $50/yr. This discount is essentially just to entice people to sign up for Best Buy Plus so that you feel the need to buy other products at Best Buy.

Best Buy Total does include protection plans like Apple Care. But it costs $180/yr. You also would need to still be a member for a second year to get the full Apple Care 2 year coverage. Maybe it makes sense if you're buying a bunch of appliances or other products in the near future.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2024-05-08 at 7.53.00 PM.png
    Screenshot 2024-05-08 at 7.53.00 PM.png
    309.9 KB · Views: 226

lyngo

macrumors 6502a
Sep 10, 2007
There's some confusing comments in this thread and most of the price comparisons make no sense.

Best Buy Plus does NOT include Apple Care. It just gets you access to discounts like this one and faster shipping and longer return windows. That plan is $50/yr. This discount is essentially just to entice people to sign up for Best Buy Plus so that you feel the need to buy other products at Best Buy.

Best Buy Total does include protection plans like Apple Care. But it costs $180/yr. You also would need to still be a member for a second year to get the full Apple Care 2 year coverage. Maybe it makes sense if you're buying a bunch of appliances or other products in the near future.
You are correct, but if you have several devices and are getting AppleCare inclauded, it does make a significant difference. I wouldn’t be a member for a singular product only.

Reactions: Gooner49

pdoherty

macrumors 65816
Dec 30, 2014
Best Buy will include 2 years of Apple Care with Total Tech membership so no extra $79.
Anyone know where on the Best Buy site this is shown? I'm a Best Buy Plus member but I don't see the AppleCare mentioned on the page where the iPads are.

Chaos215bar2

macrumors regular
Jan 11, 2004
How could you write an article like this and not even bother to tell us how much the membership costs? This info shouldn’t be buried in the comments!

This reads almost as if you’re more interested in getting eyes on the presumably sponsored links (which somehow don’t even link to directly Best Buy) than actually informing your readers. (But I’m sure that couldn’t be true.)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.