Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Jetcat3

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
May 3, 2015
Best Buy has the base model 12" MacBook at $999 and the 1.2Ghz 512 GB model at $1299. Not bad for anybody out there wanting to buy now!

jfrancis04

macrumors 6502a
Jun 11, 2010
Isn't this the same deal B&H had recently?

With Best Buy, I believe you can get an additional $50 off with the .edu discount code.

DSTOFEL

macrumors 6502a
Feb 11, 2011
Isn't this the same deal B&H had recently?

With Best Buy, I believe you can get an additional $50 off with the .edu discount code.
Yes, that's the same deal. I went for the $999 deal at B&H (no tax...a 7% savings for me). At Best Buy you have to pay the tax, but adding in the 10% movers coupon if you can get it.....a slightly better deal at Best Buy. Terrific little laptop.

Reactions: Jetcat3

kdoug

macrumors 65816
Jun 2, 2010
Iowa City, IA USA
Best Buy has the base model 12" MacBook at $999 and the 1.2Ghz 512 GB model at $1299. Not bad for anybody out there wanting to buy now!
I picked up the base model because I've no need for the 512GB. I dumped my iPad Pro for this and although I miss the speakers that's about it. Could've bought an XPS 13 9350 with Skylake for the same amount but couldn't live without iMessage, FaceTime and iCloud. It's perfect for my needs.

ctbear

macrumors 6502a
Dec 6, 2010
Does the mover's coupon stack with the sale? I have one and am really tempted to buy this...

Fthree

macrumors 65816
Mar 14, 2014
I picked up the base model because I've no need for the 512GB. I dumped my iPad Pro for this and although I miss the speakers that's about it. Could've bought an XPS 13 9350 with Skylake for the same amount but couldn't live without iMessage, FaceTime and iCloud. It's perfect for my needs.
I did the opposite, i was thinking about picking up a macbook but grabbed a IPP. I hear you on the apple ecosystem

capathy21

macrumors 65816
Jun 16, 2014
Houston, Texas
Just picked one up on the Best Buy deal. 999 for base model, local BB had an open box which was marked at 879.99 to which I used a movers coupon which knocked it down to a little over 800 before taxes. Amazing deal. Like the MB a lot so far. Much better than my Air.

kdoug

macrumors 65816
Jun 2, 2010
Iowa City, IA USA
I did the opposite, i was thinking about picking up a macbook but grabbed a IPP. I hear you on the apple ecosystem
I really did like the IPP when I first got it but not having a split keyboard without using the Zoom view was bizarre. Safari mobil like my iPad Air 2 still had some lagging, stuttering memory issues. I thought 4GB would've fixed it but it didn't. Lastly, I hated the highlight-copy-paste, it's a PITA on any tablet.

ARK

macrumors 6502a
Jul 20, 2008
Indianapolis, IN
I joined the club as well. I took advantage of an open box Space Grey 1.1ghz model for $909 at local BB. I wish I had that movers coupon though.

I bought a 13" used Mid 2012 Air from work for $450 last fall and Ive enjoyed having a light machine to pay bills/web during lunch at work. I've been looking at the 12" for a little while now since its smaller. So I decided to sell the Air and my late 2008 15" pro. The pro had been collecting dust so I just sold it for $350. Now to get the Air sold.

unixphone

macrumors regular
Sep 25, 2008
I bought a new macbook from best buy two months ago.

Anyone know how to get the extra usb c adapter from them? I read somewhere there is a usb c macbook power cord recall recall or something. I would love to have a free extra adaprter..

kdoug

macrumors 65816
Jun 2, 2010
Iowa City, IA USA
I bought a new macbook from best buy two months ago.

Anyone know how to get the extra usb c adapter from them? I read somewhere there is a usb c macbook power cord recall recall or something. I would love to have a free extra adaprter..
I'm not sure what your asking or why. Yes there was a recall on the "CORD". If yours has a serial number on it it's not affected. The USB-c adapter is something entirely different and unrelated.

Eggtastic

macrumors 65816
Jun 9, 2009
NJ
I am tempted to make the jump. The fact that this update is on the horizon is keeping me from buying though. I have an 11" 2011 Air now, and while it has served me well, the battery life is awful. Everything about the new rMB would be worth it for me, but I may wait to see what the update brings.

tdbrown75

macrumors 6502
Apr 28, 2015
Dallas, TX
I am tempted to make the jump. The fact that this update is on the horizon is keeping me from buying though. I have an 11" 2011 Air now, and while it has served me well, the battery life is awful. Everything about the new rMB would be worth it for me, but I may wait to see what the update brings.

I'm in the exact same position, but I went ahead and ordered one. I am an ElitePlus member and have a 45 day return window. If they drop the price and/or make significant improvements, I'll just return it.

Otherwise I picked up a MacBook at almost a 25% discount, which is really a great deal. I figure there's a pretty good chance the refreshes will be focused on the pros and I will have missed out.

Tim

WalterSobchak

macrumors member
Aug 17, 2012
Just snagged the last one at my local Best Buy, I am a light user and I am pretty sure this will be plenty for my needs.

Still, I get caught up in the hype, or anti hype.

Still on the fence but I guess I'll have to actually use it and make the decision myself instead of letting interet strangers make it for me.

mattopotamus

macrumors G5
Jun 12, 2012
I'm in the exact same position, but I went ahead and ordered one. I am an ElitePlus member and have a 45 day return window. If they drop the price and/or make significant improvements, I'll just return it.

Otherwise I picked up a MacBook at almost a 25% discount, which is really a great deal. I figure there's a pretty good chance the refreshes will be focused on the pros and I will have missed out.

Tim

Exactly what I just did, and in order to "upgrade" it would have to be pretty large performance gains. The $300 (25%) off is nuts, and I stacked it with a movers coupon

1rottenapple

macrumors 601
Apr 21, 2004
I got one 1mweek ago knowing there's an update. I got a great deal on my 512 1.2 rmb. I could wait for the update and get a deal on the last gen rmb but didn't want to.

ARK

macrumors 6502a
Jul 20, 2008
Indianapolis, IN

Tim

How do you get to be an elite member? I just joined the program and of course rocketed up to a $970 purchase with the macbook. Guess I still have a 15 day return window at this point.

ARK

macrumors 6502a
Jul 20, 2008
Indianapolis, IN
Yeah I saw that but not sure if I understand. I made the $970 macbook purchase and have 15 days. Can I buy a few other things this year before the 15 days are up and the Macbook purchase is then in a 30 day return window? I would like to get a new Apple TV and need a wireless printer.

pugxiwawa

macrumors 6502
Nov 10, 2009
Yeah I saw that but not sure if I understand. I made the $970 macbook purchase and have 15 days. Can I buy a few other things this year before the 15 days are up and the Macbook purchase is then in a 30 day return window? I would like to get a new Apple TV and need a wireless printer.
I don't think that's how it works. You have to spend that amount to achieve the elite status first, then all the purchases made after you will have 30 days to return.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.