Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

In store Pickup or ship?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

TheMacApple

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 20, 2015
Chicago
So I looked around last night and apple stores had none available
6s plus.
Anyway found best buy has em for the 25th...are they ok with preorders or do they still ya on launch day?

iamcaseyf

macrumors regular
Apr 28, 2015
Having worked for Best Buy mobile in the past, I would be leary. You may pre-order and arrive at the store and wait for an hour just to find that even though you got an email saying its in store, its nowhere to be found. Last year I ended up buying a 64gb due to the fact they didn't have the original even though I got the email saying its ready.

They always fumble launch day. But, if that's the only choice you have, go for it!

EDIT: if you want a firm delivery/available date, go with Apple or a carrier.

Last edited:

Dextux

macrumors member
Mar 16, 2012
Pre-ordered a 5s on launch day from Best Buy pick up in store and didn't have any issues. I am going through Apple's website this time.

Surfer13134

macrumors 65816
Jun 12, 2010
Florida
I work at Bestbuy mobile. From what I've been told basically we can take as many preorders as we can,but that does not mean we will get the same phones that you preordered in. Basically our warehouse devides all the devices up for all the stores and sends them out. When we get them we go down the list so if we had for example 6 people get 64 GB we would pluck those from the shipment and fill the preorder but if we had no one preorder a 128GB then that is what would be available to sell to walk ins.

Surfer13134

macrumors 65816
Jun 12, 2010
Florida
Best Buy does not guarantee a product will be available on release day. (I work for Best Buy Mobile)

Correct,I should of added that to my post. Basically no one knows what the stores are getting until we get the boxes in the morning. Heck I remember last Christmas,I had customers coming in when we opened asking for a certain model,we didnt even have them out in our lockers yet. The customers checked store pick up online and it showed we had them. AP still had them locked up in the front office. Basically the moral of the story Bestbuy employees will probably be the last ones to know what stock we have.

TheMacApple

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 20, 2015
Chicago
Thanks guys, I just canceled the order. I went into the store and they said dude on the phone should have never promised it on launch day..good thing anyway, they somehow had changed my family plan that can't be replaced

Surfer13134

macrumors 65816
Jun 12, 2010
Florida
Thanks guys, I just canceled the order. I went into the store and they said dude on the phone should have never promised it on launch day..good thing anyway, they somehow had changed my family plan that can't be replaced

O yes they can! Trust me my first activation I did I screwed up a plan. It takes a ton of time and a lot of hold time but they can reverse it. If they fail to do it I would talk to the GM of the store. Or if that fails you can call ATT yourself and explain the situation,they have a team just for accidents like that.

poose22

macrumors member
Jan 25, 2010
I ordered the 64gb iphone 6 from best buy last year and they did not get any 64gb in on launch day. ended up canceling my preorder after like 3 weeks of waiting, then had to wait another 10 days for my upgrade eligibility to come back. I will never preorder a phone from best buy again

Reactions: c00kies&apples

hovscorpion12

macrumors 68030
Sep 12, 2011
USA
For Those who Pre-Ordered their iPhone 6S/6S Plus via BestBuy online or in store, what was your experience? What dates did you get? What did you select? Order Status?

Last edited:

tbaer

macrumors member
Mar 11, 2012
Much to my surprise bestbuy.com allowed me to order a 6S+ for pick-up on 9/25. Either their system inventory is wrong or few folks thought about bestbuy. But then bestbuy and target charge 50$ more than apple.com

hovscorpion12

macrumors 68030
Sep 12, 2011
USA
Much to my surprise bestbuy.com allowed me to order a 6S+ for pick-up on 9/25. Either their system inventory is wrong or few folks thought about bestbuy. But then bestbuy and target charge 50$ more than apple.com

6S Plus, what color and carrier. Currently the space grey 128 6S Plus is not available for online Pre-Order.

I belive that BestBuy inventory is not wrong. I feel that most opted for Apple or their carriers. I had to cancel my VZ 6S Plus order from VZ direct because of a wrong address and pre-ordered from BestBuy Monday and was given in store pick up for the 25th. Ship dates however still show 9/28, 9/29 and 10/1. Most likely Monday bestbuy will show later dates.

Last edited:

tidybc

macrumors 6502
Jun 19, 2010
PUERTO RICO, USA
i ordered 2 iphones.

First one via apple (iPhone 6s Rose Gold 16GB) with 9/25 delivery.
The second one via att (iPhone 6s Plus Gold 16GB) this one has oct ship although i ordered at 12:10am. If this one doesnt arrive on the 25th i will cancel it and i have a friend that works at best buy and he told they will have them on stock

TheMacApple

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 20, 2015
Chicago
cancelled my order last week. They CAN not promise it launch day. They have no clue what there allocation is, they will not know till the day before. They promised mine for launch day then I did search here, and found out there full of crap....good luck

Reactions: dave420

tidybc

macrumors 6502
Jun 19, 2010
PUERTO RICO, USA
cancelled my order last week. They CAN not promise it launch day. They have no clue what there allocation is, they will not know till the day before. They promised mine for launch day then I did search here, and found out there full of crap....good luck
yeah its the same every year, the best thing you can do is go to best buy, att or the apple store early on launch day and try to catch one.

Surfer13134

macrumors 65816
Jun 12, 2010
Florida

I have to agree. As a BestBuy Mobile employee were not even sure if we can fulfil all of our pre orders. We won't even know until launch day that morning. (they will come in on the truck and then AP (security) locks them up until a manager gets them. Tbh you are going to have a much better chance going to an Apple Store.

MotherFinMike

macrumors 6502
Jun 12, 2008
San Diego California
This was the first year best buy's ever had pre-orders on there website only reason I ordered from best buy is that I had a bunch of gift certificates so I after price matching, tax I paid $750 for a vzw 6s 64gb, also best buy said they be fulfilling preorders first before selling to the public

Reactions: c00kies&apples

Surfer13134

macrumors 65816
Jun 12, 2010
Florida
This was the first year best buy's ever had pre-orders on there website only reason I ordered from best buy is that I had a bunch of gift certificates so I after price matching, tax I paid $750 for a vzw 6s 64gb, also best buy said they be fulfilling preorders first before selling to the public

That's correct,we will only sell to the public if we have a phone that was not pre ordered which is highly unlikely we would.

stulaw11

Suspended
Jan 25, 2012
Yeh unless you're getting an installment plan with your carrier Best Buy is a ripoff. They've always charged $50 more full price than carriers for years with no explanation why.

They probably lose a ton of business doing this since 2 year contracts are a thing of the past now.

sqa4life

macrumors regular
Jun 27, 2011
I stopped by BB and preordered an iphone 6s+ 64gb space grey and the rep said he is pretty confidence I'll get the phone on launch day. He said the same, many customers are ordering through apple.

I forgot to ask about the $200 BB gift card for trade in any working smartphone.

Does iphone 3gs considered a smartphone?

Last edited:

xlost6

macrumors 6502
Feb 28, 2011
I pre-ordered a Verizon iPhone 6s + 128GB thru Best Buy this past Friday. I'm using them because of a loophole I know to keep my unlimited data. I did the same thing last year but a few weeks after the launch of the iPhone 6. But when I ordered the iPhone 6 it came two days later (Best Buy Elite member) with no problems.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.