Best Buy pre orders

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by TheMacApple, Sep 15, 2015.

?

In store Pickup or ship?

Poll closed Sep 25, 2015.
  1. In Store Pickup on Release Day (9/25)

64.9%
  2. Delivery (9/25..beyond)

20.8%
  3. Walk in purchase

10.4%
  4. Camp out

7.8%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. TheMacApple macrumors regular

So I looked around last night and apple stores had none available
    6s plus.
    Anyway found best buy has em for the 25th...are they ok with preorders or do they still ya on launch day?

2. oftheheavens macrumors 68000

3. iamcaseyf, Sep 15, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 15, 2015

iamcaseyf macrumors member

iamcaseyf

Having worked for Best Buy mobile in the past, I would be leary. You may pre-order and arrive at the store and wait for an hour just to find that even though you got an email saying its in store, its nowhere to be found. Last year I ended up buying a 64gb due to the fact they didn't have the original even though I got the email saying its ready.

They always fumble launch day. But, if that's the only choice you have, go for it!

EDIT: if you want a firm delivery/available date, go with Apple or a carrier.

4. Dextux macrumors member

Pre-ordered a 5s on launch day from Best Buy pick up in store and didn't have any issues. I am going through Apple's website this time.

5. Surfer13134 macrumors 6502a

I work at Bestbuy mobile. From what I've been told basically we can take as many preorders as we can,but that does not mean we will get the same phones that you preordered in. Basically our warehouse devides all the devices up for all the stores and sends them out. When we get them we go down the list so if we had for example 6 people get 64 GB we would pluck those from the shipment and fill the preorder but if we had no one preorder a 128GB then that is what would be available to sell to walk ins.

6. gabo864 macrumors 6502a

gabo864

Best Buy does not guarantee a product will be available on release day. (I work for Best Buy Mobile)

7. Surfer13134 macrumors 6502a

Correct,I should of added that to my post. Basically no one knows what the stores are getting until we get the boxes in the morning. Heck I remember last Christmas,I had customers coming in when we opened asking for a certain model,we didnt even have them out in our lockers yet. The customers checked store pick up online and it showed we had them. AP still had them locked up in the front office. Basically the moral of the story Bestbuy employees will probably be the last ones to know what stock we have.

8. TheMacApple thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks guys, I just canceled the order. I went into the store and they said dude on the phone should have never promised it on launch day..good thing anyway, they somehow had changed my family plan that can't be replaced

9. Surfer13134 macrumors 6502a

O yes they can! Trust me my first activation I did I screwed up a plan. It takes a ton of time and a lot of hold time but they can reverse it. If they fail to do it I would talk to the GM of the store. Or if that fails you can call ATT yourself and explain the situation,they have a team just for accidents like that.

10. poose22 macrumors member

I ordered the 64gb iphone 6 from best buy last year and they did not get any 64gb in on launch day. ended up canceling my preorder after like 3 weeks of waiting, then had to wait another 10 days for my upgrade eligibility to come back. I will never preorder a phone from best buy again

11. hovscorpion12, Sep 16, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 16, 2015

hovscorpion12 macrumors 65816

hovscorpion12

For Those who Pre-Ordered their iPhone 6S/6S Plus via BestBuy online or in store, what was your experience? What dates did you get? What did you select? Order Status?

12. tbaer macrumors member

Much to my surprise bestbuy.com allowed me to order a 6S+ for pick-up on 9/25. Either their system inventory is wrong or few folks thought about bestbuy. But then bestbuy and target charge 50$ more than apple.com

13. kahuna2793 macrumors newbie

When you pickup iPhone they will price match Apple

14. hovscorpion12, Sep 19, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 19, 2015

hovscorpion12 macrumors 65816

hovscorpion12

6S Plus, what color and carrier. Currently the space grey 128 6S Plus is not available for online Pre-Order.

I belive that BestBuy inventory is not wrong. I feel that most opted for Apple or their carriers. I had to cancel my VZ 6S Plus order from VZ direct because of a wrong address and pre-ordered from BestBuy Monday and was given in store pick up for the 25th. Ship dates however still show 9/28, 9/29 and 10/1. Most likely Monday bestbuy will show later dates.

15. tidybc macrumors 6502

i ordered 2 iphones.

First one via apple (iPhone 6s Rose Gold 16GB) with 9/25 delivery.
    The second one via att (iPhone 6s Plus Gold 16GB) this one has oct ship although i ordered at 12:10am. If this one doesnt arrive on the 25th i will cancel it and i have a friend that works at best buy and he told they will have them on stock

16. TheMacApple thread starter macrumors regular

cancelled my order last week. They CAN not promise it launch day. They have no clue what there allocation is, they will not know till the day before. They promised mine for launch day then I did search here, and found out there full of crap....good luck

17. tidybc macrumors 6502

yeah its the same every year, the best thing you can do is go to best buy, att or the apple store early on launch day and try to catch one.

18. Surfer13134 macrumors 6502a

I have to agree. As a BestBuy Mobile employee were not even sure if we can fulfil all of our pre orders. We won't even know until launch day that morning. (they will come in on the truck and then AP (security) locks them up until a manager gets them. Tbh you are going to have a much better chance going to an Apple Store.

19. MotherFinMike macrumors regular

MotherFinMike

This was the first year best buy's ever had pre-orders on there website only reason I ordered from best buy is that I had a bunch of gift certificates so I after price matching, tax I paid $750 for a vzw 6s 64gb, also best buy said they be fulfilling preorders first before selling to the public

20. Surfer13134 macrumors 6502a

That's correct,we will only sell to the public if we have a phone that was not pre ordered which is highly unlikely we would.

21. stulaw11 macrumors 65816

Yeh unless you're getting an installment plan with your carrier Best Buy is a ripoff. They've always charged $50 more full price than carriers for years with no explanation why.

They probably lose a ton of business doing this since 2 year contracts are a thing of the past now.

22. MotherFinMike macrumors regular

MotherFinMike

They have price matched each an every year I've bought a phone out of contract (since the 4s)

23. stulaw11 macrumors 65816

Which is stupid because the full price is the same everywhere else. Makes zero sense.

24. sqa4life, Sep 19, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 19, 2015

sqa4life macrumors regular

I stopped by BB and preordered an iphone 6s+ 64gb space grey and the rep said he is pretty confidence I'll get the phone on launch day. He said the same, many customers are ordering through apple.

I forgot to ask about the $200 BB gift card for trade in any working smartphone.

Does iphone 3gs considered a smartphone?

25. xlost6 macrumors 6502

I pre-ordered a Verizon iPhone 6s + 128GB thru Best Buy this past Friday. I'm using them because of a loophole I know to keep my unlimited data. I did the same thing last year but a few weeks after the launch of the iPhone 6. But when I ordered the iPhone 6 it came two days later (Best Buy Elite member) with no problems.